ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

Bracket is already threatening to become a flaming mound of buffalo sh*t.

Hey Cali, kenpom.com (run by Ken Pomeroy) is generally seen as the go-to advanced stats site for college basketball. You can see his rankings for free, but you have to subscribe for access to everything else.

His rankings look like crap to me this year, though.

You know BringBackRoyal I think TX is going to do something special this year. Hey we were ranked 2nd before we got hit by the covid and now we've bounced back. Certainly we'll beat ACC tomorrow and there's no reason to think we can't beat BYU. And who knows after that. I mean if we have to spend 3 weeks in March in a place like Indiana might as well win it.

HookemHorns

Last edited:
Aqqq
Hey Cali, kenpom.com (run by Ken Pomeroy) is generally seen as the go-to advanced stats site for college basketball. You can see his rankings for free, but you have to subscribe for access to everything else.

His rankings look like crap to me this year, though.
Conventional wisdom said that the big 12 and big 10 were The best conferences. Big 12 undefeated so far big 10 has lost a 2 seed and a 4 seed

Mean Machine! Mean Machine!
Rather Mean Green!
Big X had a really bad day. That’s nice.

Mean Machine! Mean Machine!
Rather Mean Green!
Big X had a really bad day. That’s nice.
Yep. They lost Michigan state last night too. This “bubble” gave them some advantages to as their conference tournament was already in Indy, so they didn’t really have to travel or probably even move hotels

"Best" conference in basketball right? Haha I am not nervous about Michigan if we do end up meeting them.

It's pretty easy to see when one watches the games. If we trot out Simms, K. Jones, and G. Brown, we look like an NBA team in size and talent. Michigan is not even close. Another team to watch and with lesser size and talent than Texas is LSU.

Last edited:
Shaka better have our guys locked in. They have the talent to win it all. It’s all between the ears for both the coaches and players...that will be the only thing that could hold us back. All 5 guys on the court and the coaches need to be fully aware of the time and score at all times. Shot selection and turnovers will also be key but for us it all starts on the defensive end. We must be locked in defensively first priority then our offense will feed off of our defense. Take care of the ball and stay down on all pump fakes and ball fakes. We need to make certain that every shot taken by the opponent is contested. Playing good defense overcomes bad offense. We can afford to have a bad shooting night as long as we’re consistently getting after them defensively. None of this will matter if our guys aren’t mentally prepared.

Reactions: freeper and westx
Shaka better have our guys locked in. They have the talent to win it all. It’s all between the ears for both the coaches and players...that will be the only thing that could hold us back. All 5 guys on the court and the coaches need to be fully aware of the time and score at all times. Shot selection and turnovers will also be key but for us it all starts on the defensive end. We must be locked in defensively first priority then our offense will feed off of our defense. Take care of the ball and stay down on all pump fakes and ball fakes. We need to make certain that every shot taken by the opponent is contested. Playing good defense overcomes bad offense. We can afford to have a bad shooting night as long as we’re consistently getting after them defensively. None of this will matter if our guys aren’t mentally prepared.
True. Poor discipline is all on Shaka.

First casualty of tournament nabs VCU. Oregon moves on with a forfeit. Sucks for the players.

First casualty of tournament nabs VCU. Oregon moves on with a forfeit. Sucks for the players.
This one is on the NCAA. Apperently one of the refs that was in the A-10 title game that VCU played in tested positive. As a result they should of seen this coming., and probably replaced VCU honestly.

The reluctance of these guards to throw the ball into the post baffles me. Some of the passes they are making are pointless.

If we can make one nice run we can break their confidence. An 8-0 or 10-0 run should do it. If we let them hang around until late in the 2nd half that’ll be dangerous. They’re playing with confidence and we need to break them.

Among other things to get pissed about, ACU has a season's worth of offensive rebounds in one f*cking half.

Man, I'm going to have to watch this one on DVR if it turns out the right way, I guess. Just can't hardly ever enjoy watching Shaka's teams play.

ACU is going to run out of gas. Their pace is not sustainable. Their best player went down with an injury right before half. They better have some subs the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT