ADVERTISEMENT

New staff rumors

Agree to an extent, but the degree to which that's the case depends upon the position. RB, WR, and TE coaches need to be recruiting rainmakers above all else. An OL coach is at the other end of the spectrum -- useless if he's not a great teacher.

Yeah and on top of it all it all has to mesh together. Just look at Wickline's time here. Considered one of the top OL coaches before, completely sucked here, and now is doing well at WVU.

vy was down to miami and texas from day one. both wanted him at qb. don't let d-a fanbases speak for their coaching staffs. oklahoma would have played him at qb. aggy would have played him at qb. clemson would have played him at qb. so would florida state, florida, michigan, ohio state,...

tim brewster didn't talk mack into vy... vy was the number 1 recruit in the country. if mack didn't know about him, then he's stupid. that's like saying somebody talked the cavs into drafting lebron.

You're talking about the Mack that let GDGD spend 2.5 years trying to make VY a drop back pocket passer?

Feldman :Re: DC Dave Aranda & #LSU: No deal has been signed yet and terms are being negotiated.

Chance Mock‏@ChanceMock
Nobody, and by nobody I mean any1 who doesn't wear burnt orange, wants to see #TimBrewster back at #Texas. Recruiting check mate.
1f510.png

vy was down to miami and texas from day one. both wanted him at qb. don't let d-a fanbases speak for their coaching staffs. oklahoma would have played him at qb. aggy would have played him at qb. clemson would have played him at qb. so would florida state, florida, michigan, ohio state,...

Not true at all, in the beginning Texas wasn't even recruiting him beyond an athlete. Brewster convinced Mack he was a QB and should be recruited as such. Oklahoma only recruited him as a WR as did aggsy. Of course aggsy had reggie weak ankles at QB and we all know he was a much better QB than Vince was.

Feldman :Re: DC Dave Aranda & #LSU: No deal has been signed yet and terms are being negotiated.

I doubt he's still in play, but that would be one hell of a get and send LSU into meltdown after the way Herman flirted with them

So according to the pay sites, this is the staff (per the rumors):

Head Coach: Tom Herman, Houston

Offensive Coordinator:
Quarterbacks Coach:
Runningbacks Coach: Corby Meekins, Houston
Wide Receivers Coach:
Tight Ends Coach: Tim Brewster, Florida State
Offensive Line Coach: Derek Warehime, Houston

Defensive Coordinator: Dave Aranda, LSU
Defensive Line Coach: Oscar Giles, Houston
Linebackers Coach: Dave Aranda, LSU
Cornerbacks Coach: Jason Washington, Houston
Safeties Coach: Craig Naivar, Houston

Special Teams Coordinator: Craig Naivar, Houston

Director of Player Personnel: Derek Chang, Houston

Strength Coach: Yancy McKnight, Houston

LSU defensive coordinator, Dave Aranda, has accepted a new three-year contract offer from head coach Ed Orgeron.

A few notes on the team meeting from Inside Texas...

-this will be hardest offseason of their lives, they'll be mentally and physically the toughest they've ever been.

-Herman called out a few guys for slouching in their chairs, every player will be drug-tested when they return to Austin from Christmas break.

-if anyone tests positive for marijuana, or other drugs, they'll be called out in front of the team and essentially verbally ripped to shreds.

-nobody can leave Austin without clearing it with Herman.

-while the players were initially shocked, almost everyone shook Herman's hand afterwards.

But wasn't coach Strong strict about marijuana as well? Weren't players kicked off because of it? Will coach Herman enforce players having to live on campus like coach Strong did?

Everybody knows this but if he can make us mentally tough enough to finish games it will be great. We lost 5 games last year by a total of 22 points.

Herman will not be retaining any of Strong's assistants.

Each one of them met with Herman this morning for about 10 minutes.

But wasn't coach Strong strict about marijuana as well? Weren't players kicked off because of it? Will coach Herman enforce players having to live on campus like coach Strong did?

Everybody knows this but if he can make us mentally tough enough to finish games it will be great. We lost 5 games last year by a total of 22 points.
Dunno..u probably need to ask Herman that.

Burnt Orange Nation is saying that Paul Rhodes heads list for Herman's defense. I just threw up dinner. Who is he?

Burnt Orange Nation is saying that Paul Rhodes heads list for Herman's defense. I just threw up dinner. Who is he?

Paul Rhodes was the HC at ISU when Herman was there. His background is as a DC. He is currently on the Arkansas staff.

Rhodes did go to 3 bowl games in 7 years at Iowa state. Probably about as good as anyone can do there.

Yea you are correct. Wisconsin is playing lights out defensively this season.

YEAR
TEAM POSITION BOWL
2001 Boise State Graduate Assistant --
2002 Boise State Graduate Assistant Humanitarian
2003 California Linebackers Insight
2004 California Linebackers Holiday
2005 California Linebackers Las Vegas
2006 Boise State Defensive Coordinator Fiesta
2007 Boise State Defensive Coordinator Hawaii
2008 Boise State Defensive Coordinator Poinsettia
2009 Boise State Defensive Coordinator Fiesta
2010 Tennessee Defensive Coordinator Music City
2011 Tennessee Defensive Coordinator --
2012 Washington Defensive Coordinator Las Vegas
2013 Washington Defensive Coordinator Fight Hunger
2014 USC Defensive Coordinator Holiday
2015 USC Defensive Coordinator

i wonder if Jeremey Preuitt is a possibility. When your the DC at Bama Saban pretty much runs it. Maybe he would want to come to a place where he's the guy.

I would be fine with Robinson. There is no denying that he improved our defense to be respectable mid season a few years ago. Only draw back is his age.

Higdon

Not going to duck this one boys lol It is NOT bad at all however...got me pretty fired up to tell you the truth....so when it happens EVERY one of you will say yup that was it....and I will let you know as well.....I am actually pretty surprised and I do not get surprised easily....I will believe it when I see it I guess noidea Some of you will no doubt get mad I did not come right out and say what it is but I wanted you to understand right away this was something I am going to be wrong about..How bout them apples....I couldnt wait to come tell you I was wrong. tongue

Is there anyone in this world that you want to backhand more than this tool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT