ADVERTISEMENT

New staff rumors

Higdon

Not going to duck this one boys lol It is NOT bad at all however...got me pretty fired up to tell you the truth....so when it happens EVERY one of you will say yup that was it....and I will let you know as well.....I am actually pretty surprised and I do not get surprised easily....I will believe it when I see it I guess noidea Some of you will no doubt get mad I did not come right out and say what it is but I wanted you to understand right away this was something I am going to be wrong about..How bout them apples....I couldnt wait to come tell you I was wrong. tongue

Is there anyone in this world that you want to backhand more than this tool.

What TF is he trying to get across?

I guess the how bout them apples = Applewhite?

Also I thought Higdon was purported as a associate of Strong i.e. Strong was his source? If that's the case, why is he still posting as an insider?

There has to be a better DC out there right? Aranda is off the table so who else?

How about Charlie Strong? He's already on the payroll, lol.

I think getting former HCs like Rhoades would be a good idea. They want to produce and land another HC job asap.

Reactions: Erichookem
Looks like Tim Brewster has decided to stay with FSU.

That's pretty much the only assistant that moved the needle of rumored names. Would have really been a huge recruiting asset. It looks like it's going to be the transfer of the UH coaching staff much like the Strong UL transfer. Underwhelming but still excited. Herman should have kept Traylor if Brewster wasn't a sure thing.

Reactions: jsto60
That's pretty much the only assistant that moved the needle of rumored names. Would have really been a huge recruiting asset. It looks like it's going to be the transfer of the UH coaching staff much like the Strong UL transfer. Underwhelming but still excited. Herman should have kept Traylor if Brewster wasn't a sure thing.
From what I understood, Traylor decided to leave before even being approached by Herman.

It sounded like it was Traylor's decision to leave and not the other way around.

The Texas athletic department is probably not on his Christmas list this year. Understandable, I'm sure he thought they created a good foundation and deserved more time like Strong did.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went back to HS. Someone from Gilmer would be right at home anywhere in East Texas.

He could go just about anywhere he wanted to go.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went back to HS. Someone from Gilmer would be right at home anywhere in East Texas.

He could go just about anywhere he wanted to go.[/QUOTE

Lufkin would take him in a heartbeat. Since Coach Outlaw passed, they've been average with a lot of talent.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Jim Leavitt is a damn good DC and has HC expierence. Be a solid hire for Herman. Maybe the best on the list.

Are you guys kidding me with Paul Rhodes? Dude is a complete douche. He throws stomping fits on the sideline over nothing. You tube him. He has claimed Texas cheats throughout his time at ISU. He got fired from ISU the year they beat Texas (which is part of why that loss was so embarrassing). His main claim to fame was the inspirational speeches he would give when ISU got their one big upset each year. If we aren't going to make splash hires, lets get up and comers, not washed out HCs who failed even at low level programs.
I'm hoping there is no validity to this, and some sports writer just drew the connection between Herman and Rhodes and threw the name on a list.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Getting Leavitt as DC would be an absolute steal. Don't see it happening, but if it did...wow. Look at what he has done in his career as a DC.

Answered my own question:

"Stan Drayton is in his first season as the Bears running backs coach after being hired by the team on February 5, 2015. Drayton has 22 years of coaching experience including the last four (2011-14) with the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Drayton spent the 2014 season as Ohio State’s assistant head coach on offense/running backs, his third consecutive year working with the Buckeye running backs. In 2014, Drayton helped the Buckeyes win the National Championship as sophomore running back Ezekiel Elliott finished third in the nation and second in single-season school history with 1,878 rushing yards."

Are you guys kidding me with Paul Rhodes? Dude is a complete douche. He throws stomping fits on the sideline over nothing. You tube him. He has claimed Texas cheats throughout his time at ISU. He got fired from ISU the year they beat Texas (which is part of why that loss was so embarrassing). His main claim to fame was the inspirational speeches he would give when ISU got their one big upset each year. If we aren't going to make splash hires, lets get up and comers, not washed out HCs who failed even at low level programs.
I'm hoping there is no validity to this, and some sports writer just drew the connection between Herman and Rhodes and threw the name on a list.

Not that I'm suggesting that we hire Paul Rhoads, but there are a lot of failed HC's that were awesome coordinators. That's one of the largest contingencies in the population of coordinators in college football. I would love to have a Phil Bennett, Jim Leavitt, Paul Rhodes, Will Muschamp, or Gene Chizik running our defense.

Besides, I would expect the coach at ISU to do whatever he thought he could to win games, short of dirty recruiting. It's ISU. They've only had 2 coaches in their history with a winning percentage over .500.

UH is projected to play in a bowl on December 27th. I would hate to have to wait that long for Todd Orlando.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT