ADVERTISEMENT

Next year for Texas

Strong was fired for not winning 7 or 8 games this year, because the talent was there for it, just like it will be there for Herman to win 9 or 10 games next season. If Strong was expected to win 7 or 8 games, then 10 is most definitely attainable next season. If not, then why was Herman hired, and Strong fired. I don't want to hear about a new offense, or a new defense. Several other coaches are winning with much less talent, so if he is a good coach, he'll get it done. The talent is there on both sides of the ball.
Your exact sentences from the original post I replied to.........

If you mean something else then write and post those words. Don't post this and then say it is not what you posted.

I agree with most of what you are saying. But you did in FACT write if Texas doesn't win 10 then why was Herman hired. You said if he is a good coach he will win 10 so I inferred if he is not good then he sucks.....not rocket surgery to come to that conclusion... Don't call me a liar or misinformed or anything else when I call you on it. I also see you are trying to use this as a reason to say no excuses....You just should have said that instead of what you did write..... I think 8 or 9 should be the bottom and I think 10 is mostly attainable...but if Herman wins 8 or 9 and his team doesn't look like the keystone cops Most of us will be happy.....BECAUSE the last 3 years Texas has had losing records after each season. I see your point about no excuses and I agree mostly. If you meant something different then you should write something different.

You claim Texas has a lot of talent. I think they have talent to. I just want to put things in perspective....Mack Brown had 3 top classes in a row and most of us thought there was a lot of talent for Strong. Turns out there was not as much talent as we all thought. Until these guys play like talented players then they have not shown anything.

You are starting to sound like a certain poster that has been banned from here several times.

Last edited:
Your exact sentences from the original post I replied to.........

If you mean something else then write and post those words. Don't post this and then say it is not what you posted.

I agree with most of what you are saying. But you did in FACT write if Texas doesn't win 10 then why was Herman hired. You said if he is a good coach he will win 10 so I inferred if he is not good then he sucks.....not rocket surgery to come to that conclusion... Don't call me a liar or misinformed or anything else when I call you on it. I also see you are trying to use this as a reason to say no excuses....You just should have said that instead of what you did write..... I think 8 or 9 should be the bottom and I think 10 is mostly attainable...but if Herman wins 8 or 9 and his team doesn't look like the keystone cops Most of us will be happy.....BECAUSE the last 3 years Texas has had losing records after each season. I see your point about no excuses and I agree mostly. If you meant something different then you should write something different.

You claim Texas has a lot of talent. I think they have talent to. I just want to put things in perspective....Mack Brown had 3 top classes in a row and most of us thought there was a lot of talent for Strong. Turns out there was not as much talent as we all thought. Until these guys play like talented players then they have not shown anything.

You are starting to sound like a certain poster that has been banned from here several times.

You're overly sensitive and you have a complex. You made a false interpretation, so I explained what I meant...yet you still want to argue with me, about what I said and meant. To do so says a lot more about you, than it does about me. You thinking you called me on anything, is part of your complex. You're wrong. Enjoy the thread. I'll ignore your foolishnes.

You're overly sensitive and you have a complex. You made a false interpretation, so I explained what I meant...yet you still want to argue with me, about what I said and meant. To do so says a lot more about you, than it does about me. You thinking you called me on anything, is part of your complex. You're wrong. Enjoy the thread. I'll ignore your foolishnes.
MM blh/dtrain is back as another sock. Go figure.......This guy has issues and needs counseling in the worst way.

Strong wasnt fired because the powers to be thought Herman would win 10....Strong was fired because he couldnt win 6. Herman was hired by the powers to be because they thought he could win more than 6. I suspect that the powers to be hope Herman can win 10.....but to say if he doesnt win 10 then we should have kept Strong??? That doesnt even make good nonsense.

I agree that Strong got a crappy deal with the team he inherited from Mack, but even when he brought in much better players, he couldnt make them play. I dont know why, I was shocked at the inability to coach them up. Now I hope Herman can get them playing, but if he cant, then he needs to go as well.

I did ask a question and you gave me a pretty good answer. The only thing is that Last year Herman didnt make 5.1 million or so, he made less and he won more than 10 games. Is the point you are making that now that Herman is making that much that he should be expected to win that much?....Frankly, I cant argue with that. I am floundering around so full of hope that I cannot think logically. I was so sure that Strong was going to get it done that anything I say on here should be suspect in the eyes of those more objective than I am.

I have now gone full blown nuts and will channel my inner Al Davis and simply say..."just win baby!"

Last edited:
9 games is the minimum expectation. Anything less is a coaching failure. This is not Texas Tech. It's not Oklahoma State. I didn't care for the excuses people made for Strong, and I'm jot going to make excuses for Herman either. Just like this year, we will have more talent on our roster than any team we play next year.

Reactions: HornDrummer
MM blh/dtrain is back as another sock. Go figure.......This guy has issues and needs counseling in the worst way.
I don't believe that's BLH. He's pretty easy to spot and thats not him, at least thats my opinion.[/QUOTE]

[
9 games is the minimum expectation. Anything less is a coaching failure. This is not Texas Tech. It's not Oklahoma State. I didn't care for the excuses people made for Strong, and I'm jot going to make excuses for Herman either. Just like this year, we will have more talent on our roster than any team we play next year.
not more talent than USC and hard to argue OU as well.

Who is more frustrating to watch....Gideon or Haines???
There were several times that I thought it was the same player, just switched last names...seriously thought "this dude is still playing?" how many safeties that look similar with a step slow but are "coaches on the field" are there playing major college football?

"coaches on the field"
Scrappy
High motor
Gamer
Sneaky athletic
Gritty
Winner
High ___ IQ
Good fundamentals
Plays the game the right way
Lunch pail guy
Heady and/or cerebral
Deceptive speed
Gym rat
Intangibles
Gets the most out of his abilities
Has a lot of heart
Grinder
Out-hustles
Someone you’d love your daughter to date
Wes Welker type
Coach's son
Faster than he appears

Scrappy
High motor
Gamer
Sneaky athletic
Gritty
Winner
High ___ IQ
Good fundamentals
Plays the game the right way
Lunch pail guy
Heady and/or cerebral
Deceptive speed
Gym rat
Intangibles
Gets the most out of his abilities
Has a lot of heart
Grinder
Out-hustles
Someone you’d love your daughter to date
Wes Welker type
Coach's son
Faster than he appears
Love all of those backhanded compliments. Let me basically tell you that you aren't really good enough athletically but make up for some of it in other areas!

Reactions: Scholz
who was the sports announcer that was describing a player?....."he isnt fast, but his arms and legs move very quickly"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT