ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Horrible display of baseball tonight against ksu....today I question Pierce on his play calling and our bullpen once again craps the bed....we were up 5-1 and end up losing 8-5....

Play calling???

Or should I say managerial decisions? And you know baseball has play calling as when the catcher gets out and does his sign when there is a runner on 1st and 3rd. You know for a fact they work on these scenarios all the time in practice.

Last edited:
Obviously, there is still a lot of baseball to be played. Texas will make regionals and should host. However, the problem with this team is pitching, which is very unusual. This may be the worst pitching staff at Texas in the last 15-20 years.

Obviously, there is still a lot of baseball to be played. Texas will make regionals and should host. However, the problem with this team is pitching, which is very unusual. This may be the worst pitching staff at Texas in the last 15-20 years.

So the projections have us hosting....but you want to talk about us trying to get out of our regional.....Texas State and aggy would be in our regional

So the projections have us hosting....but you want to talk about us trying to get out of our regional.....Texas State and aggy would be in our regional

A lot can change between now and regionals. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in both of those teams being in Austin at this point.

Or should I say managerial decisions? And you know baseball has play calling as when the catcher gets out and does his sign when there is a runner on 1st and 3rd. You know for a fact they work on these scenarios all the time in practice.

That’s what I’m getting at. Didn’t watch the game. Was it bullpen decision you didn’t like? Situational defense or situational hitting you had issue with?

with the issues in the Texas pen and pitch counts now it is damn hard to manage the staff. Even Nixon has been shaky.

5 runs should’ve been enough vs. KSt

That’s what I’m getting at. Didn’t watch the game. Was it bullpen decision you didn’t like? Situational defense or situational hitting you had issue with?

with the issues in the Texas pen and pitch counts now it is damn hard to manage the staff. Even Nixon has been shaky.

5 runs should’ve been enough vs. KSt

The hitting is there, but can go cold at anytime like today bullpen throwing their hearts out and we are losing 5-1. We are about to lose this series to kstate! We will be their 3rd conference win and first series win! I didn't even mention this they could sweep us tomorrow!

If we even host a regional I will be surprised or if we even make it to a regional.....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: freeper
The hitting is there, but can go cold at anytime like today bullpen throwing their hearts out and we are losing 5-1. We are about to lose this series to kstate! We will be their 3rd conference win and first series win! I didn't even mention this they could sweep us tomorrow!

If we even host a regional I will be surprised or if we even make it to a regional.....

I hate going to Kansas for any outdoor sport. The place sucks.

They need to drop their ballsacks and salvage a win.

Need to sweep Baylor and Kansas and take WVU and OkSt. series if we want a top 8 seed.

I hate going to Kansas for any outdoor sport. The place sucks.

They need to drop their ballsacks and salvage a win.

Need to sweep Baylor and Kansas and take WVU and OkSt. series if we want a top 8 seed.

That might not happen we just lost 8-1 to the last place team....I don't even know if we can beat kansas....wvu and okie lite will both be hard to get through.

That might not happen we just lost 8-1 to the last place team....I don't even know if we can beat kansas....wvu and okie lite will both be hard to get through.

Transitive property in baseball is a dumb proposition. This game doesn’t make a shit with how we’ll play any other team or game.

What does matter is the bullpen is not progressing at all. Something needs to change. I don’t know what because I don’t watch their pens or am I involved in the conversations. What I do know is that the young talented arms suck right now

This team should be better than last year's team. The wheels are coming off. I can't get over the lack of pitching. Texas will be lucky to host a regional the way things are going. SMDH.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Transitive property in baseball is a dumb proposition. This game doesn’t make a shit with how we’ll play any other team or game.

What does matter is the bullpen is not progressing at all. Something needs to change. I don’t know what because I don’t watch their pens or am I involved in the conversations. What I do know is that the young talented arms suck right now
Well if Texas beat blowu and Blowu beat kstate and kstate beat us what comes next?

Bullpen is atrocious right now....like MM said this team should of been better than last years which everyone else thought the same thing....

Reactions: LonghornMM
I am going to say it now... The season is over. You can stop following now. I have.

This team is bad. No way we host. Pierce needs some hot seat.

Bad is a stretch. Inconsistent is probably more like it.

We probably win 19-2 today. This is what they are right now. Gotta find consistency. Panic will only lead to worse play. Find the small adjustments in mechanics that need to be made and trust your ability.

Well if Texas beat blowu and Blowu beat kstate and kstate beat us what comes next?

Bullpen is atrocious right now....like MM said this team should of been better than last years which everyone else thought the same thing....

What arms in the pen are having a worse year this year than last?

I have no issues with the lineup. Hitting is hard. Hitting runs hot and cold. Not a team in the history of ever just plates 7 runs every game. They score 3, then 12, then get shutout. The fact our lineup can put up 10 runs any game is a plus. But the fact our bullpen has guys with an ERA north of 5, is a headscratcher.

Might be time to give Olivarez and Cobb the innings Southard and Duplantier are getting...

Last edited:
Whelp...not 19-2, but 4-2 win works.

What happened to Ivan???

Only silver lining from this weekend is that many of the teams ranked in the top 16 also struggled.

Tennessee is 1-1 with the rubber game vs. Bama tomorrow
DBU lost their series with Bradley
Notre Dame got swept by Duke
Georgia lost their series vs. Aggies
Miami lost their series vs. VaTech
Oregon State swept Long Beach St. (team with a losing record)
Florida lost game 1 vs. Vandy. Currently losing game 2
Southern Miss swept FIU (11-23 team)
Wake Forest 1-1 vs. Clemson with rubber game tomorrow
Oregon swept Washington (16-18 team)
Georgia Tech 1-1 vs. UNC with rubber game tomorrow
Oklahoma State 1-1 vs. WVU with rubber game tomorrow
Texas Tech swept by TCU
Virginia 1-1 vs. Pitt with rubber game tomorrow, followed by a loss to Old Dominion in mid week
Arkansas swept LSU
Louisville swept by Florida State
Florida State swept Louisville
Stanford and UCLA are 1-1 with rubber game tomorrow
Gonzaga lost a game to Portland
Arizona lost their series to Utah
Auburn lost their series to Miss. St.
Texas State swept UTA (11-25 team)

That pretty much covers everyone in the RPI top 15 and Baseball America top 25

Texas won't fall too much I don't think. Need a 5-0 week next week, 4-1 at worst.

Ugg
Haven’t been able to keep up very well….tornados tore up power lines and phone lines close to my house, which in turn took out internet. Just saw where Texas won only 1 of 3 with Kst. Hopefully we turn this thing around soon and get on a hot streak. The surprise for me was Hanson taking the L. Goes to show everyone has an off night.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Whelp...not 19-2, but 4-2 win works.

What happened to Ivan???

Only silver lining from this weekend is that many of the teams ranked in the top 16 also struggled.

Tennessee is 1-1 with the rubber game vs. Bama tomorrow
DBU lost their series with Bradley
Notre Dame got swept by Duke
Georgia lost their series vs. Aggies
Miami lost their series vs. VaTech
Oregon State swept Long Beach St. (team with a losing record)
Florida lost game 1 vs. Vandy. Currently losing game 2
Southern Miss swept FIU (11-23 team)
Wake Forest 1-1 vs. Clemson with rubber game tomorrow
Oregon swept Washington (16-18 team)
Georgia Tech 1-1 vs. UNC with rubber game tomorrow
Oklahoma State 1-1 vs. WVU with rubber game tomorrow
Texas Tech swept by TCU
Virginia 1-1 vs. Pitt with rubber game tomorrow, followed by a loss to Old Dominion in mid week
Arkansas swept LSU
Louisville swept by Florida State
Florida State swept Louisville
Stanford and UCLA are 1-1 with rubber game tomorrow
Gonzaga lost a game to Portland
Arizona lost their series to Utah
Auburn lost their series to Miss. St.
Texas State swept UTA (11-25 team)

That pretty much covers everyone in the RPI top 15 and Baseball America top 25

Texas won't fall too much I don't think. Need a 5-0 week next week, 4-1 at worst.

Don't forget about Tech also losing on Tuesday on a non conference game against blowu.....so if that is correct about Tcu sweeping Tech they went 0-4 for the week. We went 2-2 should drop Tech some. And Tennessee lost to Tennessee Tech as well mid week game.

Oh and congrats to our women's softball team by ending blowu 38-0 streak!

Hook 'Em

ADVERTISEMENT