ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

That’s an apples to oranges comparison. Everybody knows that Pierce is the pitching coach and not Allen even though he had that title.
But in baseball the manager can’t be the pitching coach….too much to stay on top of. The pitchers need foo much one on one attention for manager to be able to do that. Plus Pierece is already coaching 3b so when is he realistically coaching the pitchers? He’s not.

A&M has beaten Texas the last two years in a row on Tuesday games, which are basically meaningless games. They have thrown weekend starters because of their insecurity and feeling like they have to prove a point to beat Texas. 🙄 This counts now, and it’s time to prove a point to them.

Pete the last two games hasn't had it....he threw lights out against okie lite shut them out. Now the last two games have been horrible....I don't know what has happened to him.

But in baseball the manager can’t be the pitching coach….too much to stay on top of. The pitchers need foo much one on one attention for manager to be able to do that. Plus Pierece is already coaching 3b so when is he realistically coaching the pitchers? He’s not.
Which is exactly why I said he needs to hire a pitching coach lol

A&M has beaten Texas the last two years in a row on Tuesday games, which are basically meaningless games. They have thrown weekend starters because of their insecurity and feeling like they have to prove a point to beat Texas. 🙄 This counts now, and it’s time to prove a point to them.
I won’t be able to handle losing to them again. We will never hear the end of it.

Which is exactly why I said he needs to hire a pitching coach lol
And my point is if he was a great coach as apposed go just an ok one he wouldn’t of been on that situation in the first place. He would of hired a pitching coach from day 1

I won’t be able to handle losing to them again. We will never hear the end of it.
I'm pullin for you guys brother, especially against aggy. But I cant stop laughing at your post! "We'll never hear the end of it." Dang almighty! 😂

Seriously though my man, baseball is like tryin to predict the weather. Beat em and aggy's out. 👍

I can't stop laughing man!

Resident Aggies here….question.

I’m not being a jerk, but is this the biggest game in Aggie baseball history today?

It would be your 3rd ever CWS win, sending home your rival who is arguably the best baseball program all time. And the first time ever meeting said school in Omaha.

You know that this is aggys biggest baseball game in their program's history. They use Texas as their measuring stick. The envy and obsession that they have towards Texas is embarrassing for them. They win today and in their minds it gives them validation.

• Haha
Reactions: RoboCocks21
Forgive me if I doubt our baseball team. I have a feeling aggy wins tonight.

Skip Johnson > Schlossnagle > David Pierce

Last edited:
Our old pitching coach.....

Skip Johnson talks about Augie a lot and what he means to him when interviewed on Sooner sports talk radio. Most recently, live during last Thursday morning drive time on OKC radio. I can tell Skip Johnson misses his time at Texas and loved the heck out of his head coach there.

You’re ahead 1-2, and like 15 pitches later that same batter is still at the plate? Terrible. And now we’re in the bullpen in the second? We better score 15 to have a chance.

Pierce is decent, and I tend to give him credit for getting to Omaha, but I have no faith in him winning it. This pitching coach debacle is all on him. Piss poor decision making and leadership.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT