ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Playoff Argument Thread- Who's in and Why

Does Florida State have a fight song? We should petition the Seminole Nation to force them to stop playing that chant.

Reactions: clob94
Honestly, right now, Bama is a top 4 team. So are Michigan and Washington. The question at 4 is UGA, UT and FSU. I give the edge to Texas, but will the committee?
And you are a sooner fan who is praying that Texas doesn't make the playoffs.

And you are a sooner fan who is praying that Texas doesn't make the playoffs.
I said I give the edge to Texas for the 4 spot. I don’t care if Texas makes it or not, look at the scoreboard. Bama has 4 top 25 wins, 11 wins in a row and just beat the #1 team in the Nation. Texas has done none of those.

txleapd’s halftime shower thoughts…

Michigan is struggling with #16 Iowa at the half.

FSU is struggling with #14 Lousiville at the half.

Texas DOMINATED #18 okie lite the entire game.

There shouldn’t be ANY argument against Texas being in the CFP. If your argument is “it should be the best teams” in support of Bama, then FSU doesn’t deserve to get in. If your argument is “it’s the record that matters” in support FSU, then Bama doesn’t deserve to get in. That’s only logical.
But all that logic is trumped by the "But its the SEC" card.

NCAA only gets money on NCAA events. The only Division 1 NCAA games are the FCS tournament. The CFP and Bowls are independent of the NCAA and only pay out to the conferences and teams. And keep a healthy profit of course.
So hold up- I thought the bowl games had affiliations with the conferences- and those affiliations were tied to the NCAA structure. And the bowl games were tied to the Conference affiliated TV contract- which the NCAA does have perview over.

So hold up- I thought the bowl games had affiliations with the conferences- and those affiliations were tied to the bowl games. Amd the bowl games were tied to the Conference affiliated TV contract- which the NCAA does have perview over.
Nope

There was a lawsuit in the 80s. I think it was Penn State. I can locate it tomorrow if I have time. NCAA used to take TV money from all games. The ruling was NCAA can only take money from games they run so NCAA championships. The NCAA gets most of their money from the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament and the NIT. They make $0.00 from FBS football.

I’m sorry. If the committee puts this FSU team over Texas the whole thing is a joke lol

FSU is in regardless of how they’ve looked the past couple weeks. They’re undefeated conference champs. The committee doesn’t go by how well or bad you look recently. That’s not one of the factors they consider. It’s your performance over the entire season. They’re in.

I’ve been considering a scenario where we get left out, go to a bowl game against Georgia, dominate them, and then go into the SEC next year with a huge chip on the shoulder and punch them in the collective mouths all the way to a CFP.

Not what I want, obviously. Just something I’ve thought about if we were to get bypassed this year.

FSU is in regardless of how they’ve looked the past couple weeks. They’re undefeated conference champs. The committee doesn’t go by how well or bad you look recently. That’s not one of the factors they consider. It’s your performance over the entire season. They’re in.
Which is the problem with the committee Florida state without Jordon Travis is not the same team as they are with him. Undefeated or not. It sucks for them I grt it but if you aren’t going to take that in to account then there really is no point in a committee

It’s not like Travis is gonna be out a couple weeks and then back for the playoff. This is the FSU team that’s showing up. You HAVE to take that in to account or you aren’t doijg the job you were assigned to do.

Bill Hancock the CEO of the CFP said the committee is to select the 4 BEST teams. That is not FSU right now.

I said I give the edge to Texas for the 4 spot. I don’t care if Texas makes it or not, look at the scoreboard. Bama has 4 top 25 wins, 11 wins in a row and just beat the #1 team in the Nation. Texas has done none of those.

Texas beat Bama at home by double digits. No one has done that since 2007.

They did. Three months ago. It's one data point of many. Alabama just defeated the current #1 team in the country.
head to head is the first thing you go to for all tie breakers. Texas should be in.

They did. Three months ago. It's one data point of many. Alabama just defeated the current #1 team in the country.
It’s the ultimate data point. It has to be or why the he’ll play the games?

If Texas beating Bama doesn’t matter then why does Bama beating UGA matter? The fact that one happened more recently than the other is irrelevant

Reactions: txleapd
The FSU
Texas beat Bama at home by double digits. No one has done that since 2007.
And Bama just beat the #1 team in the Nation that had won 29 games in a row and 45 of 46 games. They also have beat 3 of the currently ranked top 13 teams. I just don’t see Bama being left out. I’m not saying it’s right. One game isn’t the only thing they consider over an entire season.

A week ago they needed a last second miracle to win against a very mediocre 6-6 Auburn team to win by 3. Did you forget about that?

Meanwhile, Texas DESTROYED a very mediocre 6-6 Tech team by 50 points.

Either the on field, head-to-head results matter, or they don’t.

The FSU

And Bama just beat the #1 team in the Nation that had won 29 games in a row and 45 of 46 games.

This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. Texas also lost to a team that lost to Kansas and Oklahoma State, and didn't even make it to its conference championship game. Oh, but that doesn't count.

A week ago they needed a last second miracle to win against a very mediocre 6-6 Auburn team to win by 3. Did you forget about that?

Yep. What’s funny is if they had lost that game and then beat UGA there would be zero argument.

Except beat the team with 4 top 25 wins and 11 in a row. Horns should get the nod over Bama.

And Texas barely survived a crap ass Houston team and a KSU team that decided to go for the win instead of the tie.

Reactions: LVPack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT