ADVERTISEMENT

Official Texas Football Spring Practice thread

Ok so we have a QB and running backs.........
We hired a new WR coach so maybe that gets better.
OL will be a work again this year......even with all the new guys we all know it takes a year or two even for the really good ones to get comfortable at college level.

THANK YOU CLOB!

Ewers is clearly better. Can chunk it. Card is being propped up by the staff for (what I believe) are competitive "reasons". Card can't make half the throws Ewers can.

But it doesn't matter because the only ppl that can catch are backfield. Our WRs are as sure handed as a capuchin dipped in astro-glide.

Our RBs might be the best in the country. "NOBODY TACKLES BJ!!!"..... can't get that kid hurt. But none of that matters if you can't block sunshine. And we can't block sunshine right now. OL has zero shadows.

Did I mention Ewers can chunk it?

Lot of empty set. All from the gun. RBs either line up or motion out wide. We haven't seen a lot of this on the 40.
Card can only make half the throws Ewers can. He** can't make any of throws Ewers can.

Ewers is clearly better. Can chunk it. Card is being propped up by the staff for (what I believe) are competitive "reasons". Card can't make half the throws Ewers can.

But it doesn't matter because the only ppl that can catch are backfield. Our WRs are as sure handed as a capuchin dipped in astro-glide.

Our RBs might be the best in the country. "NOBODY TACKLES BJ!!!"..... can't get that kid hurt. But none of that matters if you can't block sunshine. And we can't block sunshine right now. OL has zero shadows.

Lot of empty set. All from the gun. RBs either line up or motion out wide. We haven't seen a lot of this on the 40.

How would you compare last year's OL to what you've seen so far?

Confucius say "Those with des ordures OL have QB with dirty uniform".

Reactions: clob94
Suffice it to say this team will be dominated with freshman and sophomores. And were going to have completely new special teams unit. With the exception of Jamison everyone else is a freshman and a sophomore who didn't play much. Jeff Banks is freaky deaky when it comes to wives but now he has the players that he recruited so it's time to show is what he's got. Actually it's time for all of our asst coaches to show us what they've got.

I don't have high expectations for this year. I fully expect PK to get terminated if arm bands or our white lb play. The defense will have to win us some games if we are to play .500 ball in the b12. Our LB's are terrible.

Well, I can’t say I know or ever heard of Casey Cain, but I like his name and love that catch. I think I will remember him foing forward.
He and Barryn Sorrell are a couple of guys from New Orleans in last years class. They were signed at the end of the recruiting class and they were considered among the bottom 5 in the class. At least that's what Texas homer said.

Oh and btw both Cain and Sorrell wear #88.

Our 2 best offensive lineman aren’t even on campus yet in Campbell and Banks.

Receivers don’t worry me much either. Worthy was a few yards shy of 1K last year and Whittington looked really good when he was healthy.

As far as RBs I would say we have the best RB room in the country easily. Bijan is probably going to be a first round pick in next years NFL draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
Sounds like Quinn took control in the scrimmage yesterday. TD passes to Worthy, Whittington, and Billingsley. Texas Football apparently posted the highlights on Twatter, but since I don’t Twatter, one of you boys will have to post them.

Now the bad news. Still no pass rush, against a bad O line. Very troubling that our weakest points are on both sides of the trenches.

Pray that those big freshmen OL are working their asses off and ready to make an immediate impact. Pray even harder Mathis chooses Texas.

Besides Ewers, offensive MVPs were Whittington, Billingsley, and Sanders. Music to my ears.
Our offense has the potential to be pretty lethal next year. Need to get Banks and Campbell in here to shore up that offensive line and we might have something. Defensively I’m really worried about the LB position.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
We have two talented OL coming in however the problem is they just are going to get pushed around some. It doesn't matter what they do they are going to need time to develop and we are anticipating that those two guys are going to be the starting tackles.

Biggest problem is we cant get any pressure with 4 guys. We need a DE or OLB that will force teams to keep a TE or RB in pass protection. We just don't have that.

Unless some things change we aren't going to be that much better than last year.

Our offense has the potential to be pretty lethal next year. Need to get Banks and Campbell in here to shore up that offensive line and we might have something. Defensively I’m really worried about the LB position.
Sounds like Overshown has beefed up, and had a great scrimmage, making plays sideline to sideline. I’m more worried about DE.

We have two talented OL coming in however the problem is they just are going to get pushed around some. It doesn't matter what they do they are going to need time to develop and we are anticipating that those two guys are going to be the starting tackles.

Biggest problem is we cant get any pressure with 4 guys. We need a DE or OLB that will force teams to keep a TE or RB in pass protection. We just don't have that.

Unless some things change we aren't going to be that much better than last year.
I think Campbell is going to be playing inside is my guess. Based off of everything I have seen from him I don't see him getting pushed around much. He's about as ready of a starter as I have seen in a long time. Banks is also a day 1 starter and an upgrade over anybody we had last season.

I think 8 wins is our ceiling this coming year. Possibly 9 if the defense is better than anticipated. And I think that's very attainable as the top 3 teams in the conference from last year were all hit hard with graduation.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I think Campbell is going to be playing inside is my guess. Based off of everything I have seen from him I don't see him getting pushed around much. He's about as ready of a starter as I have seen in a long time. Banks is also a day 1 starter and an upgrade over anybody we had last season.

I think 8 wins is our ceiling this coming year. Possibly 9 if the defense is better than anticipated. And I think that's very attainable as the top 3 teams in the conference from last year were all hit hard with graduation.

It's just been so long since we have been worth a shit. Hard to expect more than 7 wins

It's just been so long since we have been worth a shit. Hard to expect more than 7 wins
That's my thoughts. I'm not getting sucked into that false hope again this year. I know the talent is there but until we prove it on the field I say 8 wins is our ceiling. We are going to find out real quickly where we stand in week 2 against Bama.

I feel better at this time than I did last year just for the fact we have Ewers and are bringing in a couple of stud offensive lineman. Defense is still going to be a major issue I think though. Going to have to score 40+ a week to win games next year is what i'm thinking.

Reactions: outhereincali
ADVERTISEMENT