ADVERTISEMENT

Official Texas Football Spring Practice thread

Sounds like Ryan Watts has one corner nailed down, while Jaylon Guilbeau is pushing Jamison for the other side.

Jahdae Barron and Terrance Brooks also looking good.

Let’s go boys! Surely one of you can let Jamison focus on returning kicks.

Also, Texas offered LSU transfer LB Josh White. Admittedly, I know jack about White, but this feels like our last LSU transfer. A guy just not good enough, and that’s why he’s leaving. Somebody please tell me I’m wrong.

Sounds like Ryan Watts has one corner nailed down, while Jaylon Guilbeau is pushing Jamison for the other side.

Also, Texas offered LSU transfer LB Josh White. Admittedly, I know jack about White, but this feels like our last LSU transfer. A guy just not good enough, and that’s why he’s leaving. Somebody please tell me I’m wrong.
Probably a special teamer.
Josh White appeared in 10 games for LSU as a true freshman in 2020, totaling six tackles (two solo). He didn’t see any action in 2021 due to injuries. He has four remaining years of eligibility.

Reactions: Metcalf #2

LB is a huge problem for this team right now.

Reactions: echeese
Just for grins:
Does Luke Brockermeyer trot out on 9/2 as a starting LB?

Look, I know the protocol. Been thru it many times before. But I at least need some kind of general idea of when to expect it. Capiche?

Hearing unconfirmed reports on Reddit that Patterson has been involved with the defense and has not been impressed and had addressed the group at one point to basically tell them they're not a very good unit right now. Not that we didn't already know that.

Our defense is my biggest concern. We were a turnstile last season and performed the worst in all the years that i've been following Texas Longhorn football.

Hearing unconfirmed reports on Reddit that Patterson has been involved with the defense and has not been impressed and had addressed the group at one point to basically tell them they're not a very good unit right now. Not that we didn't already know that.

Our defense is my biggest concern. We were a turnstile last season and performed the worst in all the years that i've been following Texas Longhorn football.
Speaking for me every position on the position on the team is a cause for concern. Well not Bijan but heaven help us if he gets injured.

Speaking for me every position on the position on the team is a cause for concern. Well not Bijan but heaven help us if he gets injured.
You shoulda just said yer screwed if Bijan get's injured. No? Bijan's yer proven stud at the moment and sark should take advantage of his abilities. I like that kid. He's a strike to the endzone everytime he touch's the ball. I guess we'll see what Sark has in mind this season. 😉

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Maybe not as bad as the Bobby Jack Wright unit, but could be worse. The degree of terrible is sometimes difficult to distinguish.

• Wow
Reactions: echeese
You shoulda just said yer screwed if Bijan get's injured. No? Bijan's yer proven stud at the moment and sark should take advantage of his abilities. I like that kid. He's a strike to the endzone everytime he touch's the ball. I guess we'll see what Sark has in mind this season. 😉
Simple.
Hand off to Bijan until he's too tired to walk then throw a few passes until his smelling salts perk him back up.
Rinse & repeat all the way until we almost qualify for a bowl.

My expectations are low. I'd say 7-5 or 6-6 next year. I'm not buying into any hype. I've seen this script too many times. They need to prove it on the field year after year. Saban couldn't have coached last year's team to a better record than they finished with. The football program is a disaster until they prove otherwise.

My expectations are low. I'd say 7-5 or 6-6 next year. I'm not buying into any hype. I've seen this script too many times. They need to prove it on the field year after year. Saban couldn't have coached last year's team to a better record than they finished with. The football program is a disaster until they prove otherwise.
Pretty much how I feel too. Last year we scored enough to win but our defense played like Joe Bidens border policy.

I haven't heard about anything that might have improved performance on D. Actually, I've heard the opposite.

Reactions: freeper
In my opinion it all starts with our D line. They have to hold the edge and pressure the QB. Neither of those things happened last year. You do those two things and the rest of the defense immediately looks better.

In my opinion it all starts with our D line. They have to hold the edge and pressure the QB. Neither of those things happened last year. You do those two things and the rest of the defense immediately looks better.

That and actually be in shape to not be gassed and completely outplayed in the second half of games.

Reactions: freeper and DHHorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT