ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Texas vs Purple "wizard" farewell tour of Survival gameday thread**

I am in the middle of the Atlantic and can't keep up....

But I am a bit surprised at all the comments. All I can do is try and follow the various sites....I was amazed to see most of the prognosticators picking K State to win....Most that picked Texas said it would be ugly.....well we won ugly and most seem pissed.

Reactions: westx
Michigan, Ohio State, Washington, Oregon/Georgia/Alabama

Style points.... Herbie just said Oregon and Bama are better than Texas
Style points? Rutgers was up 9-7 in the 3rd quarter against Ohio State today. Michigan State as in a close game in the first half with 2-6 Purdue today. Theres been a lot of team’s winning ugly this year. I’m starting to think you don’t watch any other teams.

We beat a top 25 team today. They aren’t looking for style points in those type of games. Just win.

Style points? Rutgers was up 9-7 in the 3rd quarter against Ohio State today. Michigan State as in a close game in the first half with 2-6 Purdue today. Theres been a lot of team’s winning ugly this year. I’m starting to think you don’t watch any other teams.

We beat a top 25 team today. They aren’t looking for style points in those type of games. Just win.
Big 10 teams always get a pass.

If we win out we’re in. OSU/Michigan still have to play so one of them will be out. Georgia and Alabama will play for the SEC, Washington still has Utah, Oregon St, and Wazzu before a rematch with the Ducks. They’ll drop one of those at the least. As Clob said, FSU ain’t winning out. I’ve got them losing 2 games (UF and Louisville). My playoff prediction

1. Michigan
2. Oregon
3. Texas
4. Alabama

Reactions: freeper
A one loss mich/fosu, jawja, Washington, fsu, will all be slotted in front of texas.

A one loss mich/fosu, jawja, Washington, fsu, will all be slotted in front of texas.
Nah the committee has already set the standard that if you don’t at least play for your conference title you aren’t getting in. The loser of mivhigsn Ohio state is out and the pac 12 won’t get two teams.

If Alabama and Texas get shut out of the playoff I guarantee there is a bowl game out there looking to set up a rematch

A win is a win, is a win,,,,,Really proud of the Horns,,,,,Hook 'em,,,,

What really botheres me is the Bama cheap shot,,,it happens in every bama game,,,,prob cost the QB for the rest of his life!!

Reactions: westx
Nah the committee has already set the standard that if you don’t at least play for your conference title you aren’t getting in. The loser of mivhigsn Ohio state is out and the pac 12 won’t get two teams.
That's not true

2016 - Ohio State didn't make the Big 10 championship game and got in.
2017 - Alabama didn't make the SEC championship game and got in
2022 - Ohio State again didn't make the Big 10 championship game and got in.

Nope. Michigan loses to Ohio St and that will be ALL the reason the committee needs to stick it up michigan's ass for the sign stealing.

Book it.

Reactions: Hoookem722
I am in the middle of the Atlantic and can't keep up....

But I am a bit surprised at all the comments. All I can do is try and follow the various sites....I was amazed to see most of the prognosticators picking K State to win....Most that picked Texas said it would be ugly.....well we won ugly and most seem pissed.
WTF are you doing in the middle of the Atlantic?

If Alabama and Texas get shut out of the playoff I guarantee there is a bowl game out there looking to set up a rematch
It won't happen. Besides, both teams would have numerous draft eligible players sit out anyway thereby diminishing the luster of the game. It would just be a meaningless scrimmage.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
It won't happen. Besides, both teams would have numerous draft eligible players sit out anyway thereby diminishing the luster of the game. It would just be a meaningless scrimmage.
That’s more or less all non playoff games are. Which is why there should have been a 12 team playoff in college football a LONG time ago.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
IT is reporting that Ewers has been upgraded from week to week to day to day.

It might make sense to sit him one more week to get him fully healthy. The only thing that gives me pause is Malik's inexperience and that Iowa State is the best defense of our three remaining games. We need Ewers for that game, but I also don't want his first live game snaps to come against them. I want him back this week so he's ready for Ames the following week.

IT is reporting that Ewers has been upgraded from week to week to day to day.

It might make sense to sit him one more week to get him fully healthy. The only thing that gives me pause is Malik's inexperience and that Iowa State is the best defense of our three remaining games. We need Ewers for that game, but I also don't want his first live game snaps to come against them. I want him back this week so he's ready for Ames the following week.
Tcu and ISU are night games.. fun ..

fun stats for you

kstate number 1 defense in the big 12

and with our backup only 1 start qb we put up over 550 yards and scored 33 points. Take away the turnovers and this is a damn good team. Ewers plays against KSU and we win by 21 easy. Say what you want about QE but this year he has protected the ball..besides the obvious bad RRS

Reactions: clob94
fun stats for you

and with our backup only 1 start qb we put up over 550 yards and scored 33 points. Take away the turnovers and this is a damn good team. Ewers plays against KSU and we win by 21 easy. Say what you want about QE but this year he has protected the ball..besides the obvious bad RRS
I agree. Unfortunately he cost Texas the RRS. Weird, how well he played other than the turnovers. There is a whole lot more to this, but I hope he comes back next year. I don’t have time right now to type out my rationale on how it makes the most sense for Texas. Nonetheless, QE coming back is worth MM or Arch transferring out if they so choose. Just my opinion

I agree. Unfortunately he cost Texas the RRS. Weird, how well he played other than the turnovers. There is a whole lot more to this, but I hope he comes back next year. I don’t have time right now to type out my rationale on how it makes the most sense for Texas. Nonetheless, QE coming back is worth MM or Arch transferring out if they so choose. Just my opinion
My prediction? QE Returns this year..Texas wins out and wins the big12 and gets left out of the CFP. QE then comes back next year and Arch is QB2 and Maalik transfers...proooooobably to Utah with our track record.

fun stats for you

First INT in Dallas was on AD. 2nd pick he tried to allow his guy make a play. A defender came in and just made a hell of a play. Other than those two plays QE was 31-34 for 346 yards and a TD.

By “he cost Tx” did you mean Gbenda?

First INT in Dallas was on AD. 2nd pick he tried to allow his guy make a play. A defender came in and just made a hell of a play. Other than those two plays QE was 31-34 for 346 yards and a TD.
with a fumble ..trying to be a RB but i agree sir.

ARCH isn't going anywhere.. The Manning's have expressed him wanting to sit and learn. Not rush things. Why do ppl think that's such a hard thing to believe. Why would Arch not like sitting and learning? Why would he care? Is he losing skill sitting? Is his potential being waisted since half of yall think he will play 2 years and go NFL anyways? Many QBs have sat 2 plus years before they got their shot and ended up succeeding because they LEARNED and had it between the ears.

ARCH isn't going anywhere.. The Manning's have expressed him wanting to sit and learn. Not rush things. Why do ppl think that's such a hard thing to believe. Why would Arch not like sitting and learning? Why would he care? Is he losing skill sitting? Is his potential being waisted since half of yall think he will play 2 years and go NFL anyways? Many QBs have sat 2 plus years before they got their shot and ended up succeeding because they LEARNED and had it between the ears.
I have been shouting this exact point from the roof tops. Everybody wants Manning now and before that they wanted Card.

Reactions: hookem777
There were two defenders on him. Looks to me it was mor on Quinn. The fumble? Got to protect the ball in big games.

There were two defenders on him. Looks to me it was mor on Quinn. The fumble? Got to protect the ball in big games.
The first int was definitely on QE. He saw the DB start to jump the route, double clutched, and threw it anyway. If he just trusts what he was seeing and moved on to his 2nd read, Worthy was coming open across the middle and it’s a huge gain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT