ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State and Urban be troublin'

I’ve been perusing their roster seeing what players OU may want to try to cherry pick once Meyer is either canned or has a mental breakdown or both. Like Clob mentioned having Meyers wife involved may be the nail in the coffin in the end

So um....... all you dudes in here that posted about Meyer not getting fired, raise your hand.

Dude was just put on administrative leave just now. (With pay)
This is how it starts--- by creating distance between the university and the accused.

Yes, Herman was on Meyer's staff and this WR coach was directly under him. Wrs coach wife not only texted Shelly Meyer about the incident but also "several other coaches wives over an extended period of time.....".

Fun fact--- Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse who is employed by Ohio state university medical hospital. If she was aware of the abuse and did not report it to proper authorities, that boys is a TITLE IX VIOLATION. Then the feds step in. This is going to be bad.
She made these texts during the 2015 year. Herman was at Houston at the time. Now I’m sure Herman knew of the WR’s coach’s history during his time there. However...he also didn’t take the guy with him to Houston..which says a lot...prob didn’t want any part of that animal. Now Beck on the other hand....might have known more of what happened in 2015...maybe not...but all this falls on Meyer bc he’s the man in charge...Tim sure got out of that mess quick when Tom came calling...seems to me like both of our coaches hands are clean on this one and got the heck out of there when the opportunity presented it them...

Hmm, it has seemed to me that there was some behind the scenes beef between Meyer and Herman. You know, ever since Meyer lashed out at Herman publicly for no good reason at all. Wonder if this could've had something to do with that.
You have to believe Herman picked up on the kind of guys Meyer and Smith were and got the heck out of there as soon as he could...hence taking UH job....

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Suspended with pay pending an investigation. I think that's a smart move. We will see what happens. I hope there's no fallout to UT. I hope Herman or Beck aren't complicit.
Doubtful with Tom...don’t know with Tim....though he left there rather quickly to join Hermans staff....that says a lot.

So um....... all you dudes in here that posted about Meyer not getting fired, raise your hand.

This is how it starts--- by creating distance between the university and the accused.

Yes, Herman was on Meyer's staff and this WR coach was directly under him. Wrs coach wife not only texted Shelly Meyer about the incident but also "several other coaches wives over an extended period of time.....".

Fun fact--- Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse who is employed by Ohio state university medical hospital. If she was aware of the abuse and did not report it to proper authorities, that boys is a TITLE IX VIOLATION. Then the feds step in. This is going to be bad.

Not title IX. The coaches wife wasn't involved with the university. There could be issues with the nurses license. Aren't medical professional's supposed to do stuff like that. I also think Shelley Meyer has some unofficial/official unpaid role with the football admin. The fact that there were text messages between the two women could be problematic. If they find evidence of contact with other coaches that could be problematic as well. However if you look at Baylor, Briles is the only one who wasn't able to get a job after the scandal so I don't think it will cost other coaches their jobs.

Does anyone really believe this will cost Urban his job? If so, the #metoo thing is way more powerful than I thought.

I'd go so far as saying Urban would likely keep his job If He was the one beating his wife. Ohio State is not screwing around, and they care. Care about winning, not necessarily other things.

You know I've been thinking about this. Meyer's predecessor, Jim Tressel, had to resign because of the scandal involving Terrell Pryor. tOSU was slammed for two years. Ever since John Cooper was the coach tOSU has had an unsavory reputation. We'll see.

My hand may be raising slowly, but he isn't gone yet by a long shot.

If he does get fired, I'll look back in 20 years and think I guess I got old officially Aug 1st 2018. That would be the day that winning and money stopped being number 1 in College football. OMG, just typing that makes me think this can not be the case.
I am puting my hand back down for now. Not willing to admit the world has changed, and I no longer get what drives big money decisions. I bet he hangs on to his job.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Siap.

But i just heard on the radio that Urban Meyer has been put on administrative leave probably paid al. You guys know what this means right? Almost every time a coach gets put on pal he's about to get fired. This is getting bad for Urban Meyer and is about to get worse, a lot worse. Once again siap

Not title IX. The coaches wife wasn't involved with the university. There could be issues with the nurses license. Aren't medical professional's supposed to do stuff like that. I also think Shelley Meyer has some unofficial/official unpaid role with the football admin. The fact that there were text messages between the two women could be problematic. If they find evidence of contact with other coaches that could be problematic as well. However if you look at Baylor, Briles is the only one who wasn't able to get a job after the scandal so I don't think it will cost other coaches their jobs.
Hoss-- Shelley Meyer is a full time employee and director at Ohio state's nursing school. She is bound by title 9.

My hand may be raising slowly, but he isn't gone yet by a long shot.

If he does get fired, I'll look back in 20 years and think I guess I got old officially Aug 1st 2018. That would be the day that winning and money stopped being number 1 in College football. OMG, just typing that makes me think this can not be the case.
I am puting my hand back down for now. Not willing to admit the world has changed, and I no longer get what drives big money decisions. I bet he hangs on to his job.
Name one coach that was ever put on administrative leave and came back from it......

I will anxiously wait.

Apparently OSU put language in his contract that requires him to report issues like this. That combined with the fact that tressel got fired for players getting free tats basically leaves OSU with very little choice but to fire him.

And another thing has crossed my.mind. In regards to Herman, Beck, and tOSU. Using Baylor as an example in regards as to whether Herman, Beck, and the other tOSU coaches. They may go after the head coach and let the everyone else slide. Basically that's what they did at Bayloe and the asst coaches found a job.

Just sayin

Name one coach that was ever put on administrative leave and came back from it......

I will anxiously wait.
I can't. You are likely right. I just can not believe it. The world has changed a lot in the last 2-3 years, college campuses are different from the rest of the world. But wow. Urban Freaking Meyer.

there was a time that a college football coach could drive around town with a body in their trunk and be absolutely untouchable. those times are gone forever.

Reactions: Belldozer1
FKMpg0O.png

Tim sure got out of that mess quick when Tom came calling...seems to me like both of our coaches hands are clean on this one and got the heck out of there when the opportunity presented it them...

Beck didn’t have a choice about leaving tOSU. Herman just offered him a way to have a dignified exit.

there was a time that a college football coach could drive around town with a body in their trunk and be absolutely untouchable. those times are gone forever.
Welcome to the world of a 24 hour news cycle and social media.

Hoss-- Shelley Meyer is a full time employee and director at Ohio state's nursing school. She is bound by title 9.
Title IX is a civil rights law about equity in education. I teach about it in my education policy class. Explain to me how this deprived the coaches wife of equal access to educational opportunities?

Reactions: Metcalf #2
this is a great day to be Jim harbaugh. Not a bad day to be Tom Herman either. With his recruiting chops he should be able to take advantage of this.

this is a great day to be Jim harbaugh. Not a bad day to be Tom Herman either. With his recruiting chops he should be able to take advantage of this.
Some school is going to get screwed by bowl season. Ohio State, full of Urban 5 star recruits might be the best job in America. They will be getting a big name. If they can Urban.

Some school is going to get screwed by bowl season. Ohio State, full of Urban 5 star recruits might be the best job in America. They will be getting a big name. If they can Urban.
Yeah. Whst is interesting is there is no obvious “big name” out there this year. There is no Chip Kelly, Urban Meyer type just waiting the year hoping to get back in.

I’d put an early bet on Justin Fuente from Va Tech maybe not a huge name, but the guy can coach his last 4 seasons as a HC he’s went 38-14. Coached under Patterson. I think he’d rock it at one of the power schools like Ohio State.

Title IX is a civil rights law about equity in education. I teach about it in my education policy class. Explain to me how this deprived the coaches wife of equal access to educational opportunities?
Ok, as an employee of a university that accepts federal funds, are you not solemnly bound by title 9 laws as an employee? If you do not report any abuse of women, in or out of the work place by any other employee, can you not be held accountable? Like an honor code at a university, if you don't report it, you are just as guilty. Her husband was an employee, how is this not a clear violation? Seriously, I'm not trying to argue with you man, I'm trying to understand. Other news outlets are saying this.

Bob stoops waiving.....

Yeah. Whst is interesting is there is no obvious “big name” out there this year. There is no Chip Kelly, Urban Meyer type just waiting the year hoping to get back in.

I’d put an early bet on Justin Fuente from Va Tech maybe not a huge name, but the guy can coach his last 4 seasons as a HC he’s went 38-14. Coached under Patterson. I think he’d rock it at one of the power schools like Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT