ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State and Urban be troublin'

I will be interested to see if this starts to resemble the Baylor scandal. By that I mean the Baylor scandal went up to their ad and their school president. One way or another we'll find out if those guys knew about it. It really is a no win situation for them. If they didn't know about it they'll probably keep their jobs but they will look bad because they didn't. If they did know they'll have to resign in disgrace.

University policy violation not a Title IX violation. Ohio States Sexual Misconduct policy from HR department.

"This policy may also apply to alleged sexual misconduct that occurs off-campus, including virtual spaces, when the Title IX coordinator or deputy coordinator determines that the alleged sexual misconduct could reasonably create a hostile environment."

Since it was an employee they were supposed to report the misconduct to HR. The person that oversees this in HR also has the title deputy title IX coordinator.They consider domestic violence sexual misconduct. So both Meyers were required to report to Title IX coordinator and that coordinator would have had to make the determination if the domestic violence created a hostile environment on campus. So in this case neither one broke the law but they violated university policy.

I'm pretty sure that Meyer has coached his last game at OSU.
I think you may be right. Just put yourself in the shoes of their fans for a minute, that has to suck. Literally one month before the season starts and you find out in one day about all of this and all appearances indicate that your hall of fame coach will probably be gone.

I was listening to an interview with Courtney Smith on the way home tonight. Believe me Urban is as guilty as sin. Anyway in that interview she was asked when did the other coaches know about it. She said 2015. If this is right then maybe Coach Herman and Coach Beck didn't have any complicit involvement in this sordid scandal.

I think you may be right. Just put yourself in the shoes of their fans for a minute, that has to suck. Literally one month before the season starts and you find out in one day about all of this and all appearances indicate that your hall of fame coach will probably be gone.

Haven't you dealt with Buckeye fans? They're even worse than, well, than you guys. Trash. F*ck those people. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

Wasn't there multiple calls to the police? I'm not defending Meyer but what was his responsibility supposed to be if law enforcement was already involved? Is all this just because he didn't notify the AD or whomever at the University?

Reactions: Belldozer1
Wasn't there multiple calls to the police? I'm not defending Meyer but what was his responsibility supposed to be if law enforcement was already involved? Is all this just because he didn't notify the AD or whomever at the University?
I believe your last sentence sums it up on Meyer AND his wife

No laws were broken on the Meyers part. This is purely about ethics and the Ohio State brand. It looks like Urban turned a blind eye to domestic abuse and things like that just aren't tolerated anymore.

Reactions: DHHorn
No laws were broken on the Meyers part. This is purely about ethics and the Ohio State brand. It looks like Urban turned a blind eye to domestic abuse and things like that just aren't tolerated anymore.
And I think that is a positive development in society. People who cover that up imo are as guilty as the ones who actually do it.

the problem here as I see it is that one NEVER knows what rabbit hole we are going down whenever something like this comes up. I am not advocating one way or another as I am not qualified ( like that ever stopped me from commenting) to comment on it.

It is easy and perhaps correct to bring out the pitch forks and torches on Urban Meyer over this, but be careful what you wish for. Everyone has something in their past that may have been an after thought when it occurred but becomes a big deal at some point in the future.Perhaps it should have been a big deal at that time or perhaps not. Today it is Meyer in the spotlight, tomorrow perhaps Tom Herman or Lincoln Riley or who knows?

All I know is that it will not be some loser coach at some school no one ever heard of ( you know, like the OOC schools aTm schedules) because no one cares.

What I am saying is we all had better start thinking about every jilted girl friend, every guy we fired, anyone we ever bullied no matter how long ago it happened

Reactions: westx
I'll never understand why someone would cover up something like this and risk their own career which feeds your family for some dumbass that could careless about you.

So um....... all you dudes in here that posted about Meyer not getting fired, raise your hand.

Dude was just put on administrative leave just now. (With pay)
This is how it starts--- by creating distance between the university and the accused.

Yes, Herman was on Meyer's staff and this WR coach was directly under him. Wrs coach wife not only texted Shelly Meyer about the incident but also "several other coaches wives over an extended period of time.....".

Fun fact--- Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse who is employed by Ohio state university medical hospital. If she was aware of the abuse and did not report it to proper authorities, that boys is a TITLE IX VIOLATION. Then the feds step in. This is going to be bad.

That incident was in October 2015. Herman was at UH starting in January of ‘15.

Wouldn't hold my breath on that one. He badmouthed UT's offense pretty good upon his commitment to tOSU. There was also a photo of him doing the Horns down on his recruiting visit to Norman. Once that happens, chances are not likely.

Yeah screw that. Oh well, with all the WRs we're getting, we certainly don't need him. Hell, Jordan Whittington and Jake Smith are both every bit as good, if not better than him anyway.

Yeah screw that. Oh well, with all the WRs we're getting, we certainly don't need him. Hell, Jordan Whittington and Jake Smith are both every bit as good, if not better than him anyway.
Give me a big Dylan Wright or Elijah Higgins as a 4th WR in this class and I'll be ecstatic.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
the problem here as I see it is that one NEVER knows what rabbit hole we are going down whenever something like this comes up. I am not advocating one way or another as I am not qualified ( like that ever stopped me from commenting) to comment on it.

It is easy and perhaps correct to bring out the pitch forks and torches on Urban Meyer over this, but be careful what you wish for. Everyone has something in their past that may have been an after thought when it occurred but becomes a big deal at some point in the future.Perhaps it should have been a big deal at that time or perhaps not. Today it is Meyer in the spotlight, tomorrow perhaps Tom Herman or Lincoln Riley or who knows?

All I know is that it will not be some loser coach at some school no one ever heard of ( you know, like the OOC schools aTm schedules) because no one cares.

What I am saying is we all had better start thinking about every jilted girl friend, every guy we fired, anyone we ever bullied no matter how long ago it happened
Yes, we all have a past.

But I can assure you, my past doesn't include me beating women or turning a blind eye to some a$$hole that did.

What about Les Miles?
Ohio state will have to hire someone who is scandal free.... or at least has a reputation of handling problems accordingly. Miles has a reputation of being a river boat gambler both on and off the field..... not to mention, he went to that school up north that hates Ohio state.

Miles won't be the answer. Stoops is about as far as Ohio state can go in terms of character.

Mack brown would be a good choice. A good steward he would be. Row the damn boat guy is a possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT