ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State and Urban be troublin'

Yeah, he's going to get paid somewhere. He won't be sticking around Ames sadly for them.

I hope they don’t try to hire Matt Campbell. I like the way ISU team has been improving. Great choice if he’s interested.
I'm betting this investigation drags on long enough that hiring a coach for this season is out of the question. Depending on how the team plays under the interim coach, and assuming urban gets canned, they will probably name a ew coach the day the season is over.

Reactions: LonghornMM
If gets fired, they won't find someone they want until after bowl season. Unless they can find someone out of coaching ranks or maybe a pro coach. Otherwise, you get into a Scott Frost situation who's being loyal to his current team getting them ready for a bowl game.

Metcalf did I say something to pi** you off?
I was going to post something and changed my mind. You're a good dude.

Btw when we last to tOSU in Austin a few years ago in Austin they showed a picture of this girl in the tOSU band. She looked semi literate which made me wonder that you don't have to be smart to get into tOSU. That's what I meant to post the first time.

Yeah, he's going to get paid somewhere. He won't be sticking around Ames sadly for them.

I agree with Moses I hope Matt Campbell stays in Ames. Because of him I'm paying close attention to ISU. I think he can be the Bill Snyder of ISU and I think he would be an asset to our conference of he stays.

Herman's presser has started and LHN is showing some stupid little league game. The first several questions were regarding Meyer and abuse and asked him if he knew. His response was--

"It's against my policy to comment on other universities...."

That's an answer the lawyers told him to give. I promise you. What he didn't say was "Fvck no I didn't know about it because if I did, I'd have kicked his a$$!".

The fact that he didn't categorically deny knowing about it is not the best look.

Being objective.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Last edited:
Metcalf did I say something to pi** you off?
I was going to post something and changed my mind. You're a good dude.

Dammit. Sorry man. Thought you were trying to equate me with the buckeye trash I was talking about because of what I said about Mack Brown.

Herman's presser has started and LHN is showing some stupid little league game. The first several questions were regarding Meyer and abuse and asked him if he knew. His response was--

That's an answer the lawyers told him to give. I promise you. What he didn't say was "Fvck no I didn't know about it because if I did, I'd have kicked his a$$!".

The fact that he didn't categorically deny knowing about it is not the best look.

Being objective.

Didn't Herman say pretty much the same thing when questioned about Meyer trashing him last year? If so, it would seem consistent.

Didn't Herman say pretty much the same thing when questioned about Meyer trashing him last year? If so, it would seem consistent.
Although we'd want to hear him say something more confidently affirming (assuming he isn't complicit), gone are the days of football coaches as cowboys. In today's politically correct climate where everything is blown out of proportion and dissected to a T immediately, this is probably the WISEST way to respond.

Being objective.
I would agree Clob. Probably the proper legal answer. Not the best public look though.

And it’s going to hurt him the next time he pops off about a coach or a university as well. Some reporter is going to go “I thought it was your policy not to comment on other universities.

I would agree Clob. Probably the proper legal answer. Not the best public look though.

And it’s going to hurt him the next time he pops off about a coach or a university as well. Some reporter is going to go “I thought it was your policy not to comment on other universities.

Yeah. but, when has Herman popped off about anything going on at another school?

Again, seems consistent to me.

Besides, as Longyac already pointed out, Herman wasn't even there when this 2015 stuff happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: diadevic
Yeah. but, when has Herman popped off about anything going on at another school?

Besides, as Longyac already pointed out, Herman wasn't even there when this 2015 stuff happened.
Didn’t he say something about Urban Meyer and Ohio state? They had a back and forth last year for a couple days

Herman wasn't there when the 2015 arrest happened. He also wasn't at Florida in 2009 when the first incident took place.
But there were multiple incidents, according to the wife, that took place between 2009 and 2015.

Somebody else knew. I'm sure at some point everyone heard the whispers........ including Tom and Beck.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Talked to some Aggys "in the know" and swear on a national championship that Urban is headed to Collie station as offensive coordinator.....someone saw the written contract signed and everything. LMAO!!!

Reactions: LonghornMM
Didn’t he say something about Urban Meyer and Ohio state? They had a back and forth last year for a couple days

I don't remember any back and forth. Like I said earlier, when asked about Meyer's comments, Herman pretty much refused to comment. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

I don't remember any back and forth. Like I said earlier, when asked about Meyer's comments, Herman pretty much refused to comment. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
I thought Herman has said something that caused myer to respond and then Herman didn’t say anything else, but I could be wrong

I thought Herman has said something that caused myer to respond and then Herman didn’t say anything else, but I could be wrong

Oh no, it was Herman's pixie dust comment after losing to Maryland. He was talking about his own team and the loss. Meyer out of nowhere attacked him publicly for it. When asked about what Meyer said, Herman had nothing to say on the matter. That was it.

Btw when we last to tOSU in Austin a few years ago in Austin they showed a picture of this girl in the tOSU band. She looked semi literate which made me wonder that you don't have to be smart to get into tOSU. That's what I meant to post the first time.

Not a road you want to go down. They are rated above Texas for academics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT