ADVERTISEMENT

OT: School Shootings

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
I didn't realize we've had 11 in 2018 and Kentucky being the 11th. WTF is wrong with these kids man.

Kid with psychological problems is further isolated from human interaction due to the increase of social media and other forms of digital communications. Ultra realistic first person shooters further blur the lines between fantasy and reality for said person with psychological problems. Add easy access to firearms and some perceived slight and that person thinks that this is a reasonable way to resolve their issues.

If it were as easy as prayer I think we'd have solved it by now. Don't you?

It's much more than that. We live in an "instaworld" right now. Insta this Insta that.

Add on top of that the vile hatred and climate the media spits at them 24/7 365 and you've got a witches brew of a cocktail. I'd say it's time to go back to home schooling but people are so fvcking dumb right now that in a generation half the kids will think 1 + 1=3 and the other half will think it equals moonbeams. Soak it in folks, our society has seen its peak. This social experiment is headed downhill. Rapidly.

If it were as easy as prayer I think we'd have solved it by now. Don't you?

It's much more than that. We live in an "instaworld" right now. Insta this Insta that.

Add on top of that the vile hatred and climate the media spits at them 24/7 365 and you've got a witches brew of a cocktail. I'd say it's time to go back to home schooling but people are so fvcking dumb right now that in a generation half the kids will think 1 + 1=3 and the other half will think it equals moonbeams. Soak it in folks, our society has seen its peak. This social experiment is headed downhill. Rapidly.

Bible gives foundation to determine wrong from right on top of what the conscience provides. I'm not saying it's a perfect fix but would be a preserving agent to a society going down the toilet.

Reactions: freeper
The answer is love! Love that cares enough to discipline kids and put enough fear in them that they will respect authority! Any authority!

I think it's a little of everything but one main thing is pay attention to what your kids are doing. Ask questions get involved and not just let them go play video games in their room every day. I know parents that just ignore their kids unless they do something wrong at home like not take out the garbage. When it comes to school just not really any kind of attention is given until it's too late. I'm glad I had 1 kid because it made me spend time with her and be more involved but each parent is different and every situation is different. I just can't believe we've had 11 school shootings and the year just began.

Well ok... Europe has a completely different society than ours. They restrict gun ownership. They do not have free speach, freedom to assemble, freedom of worship, and the list goes on.... The only thing that protects these rights for us is the right to bear and keep arms which is not allowed in Europe. The problem for Europe is that it's a powder keg (See ww1 and ww2). The frustrations build in these countries and all hell breaks loose. Here we have freeish political discussion and it is guaranteed because each of us collectively can rise up and put down a repressive regime if needed. There, political disagreement and the free exchange of ideas are repressed via hate speech laws etc... The price we pay for protection from our own government is gun violence because of lawless citizens within. It used to be that people had some respect for freedom but now many are no more than animals looking for a cage.

Last edited:
Well ok... Europe has a completely different society than ours. They restrict gun ownership. They do not have free speach, freedom to assemble, freedom of worship, and the list goes on.... The only thing that protects these rights for us is the right to bear and keep arms which is not allowed in Europe. The problem for Europe is that it's a powder keg (See ww1 and ww2). The frustrations build in these countries and all hell breaks loose. Here we have freeish political discussion and it is guaranteed because each of us collectively can rise up and put down a repressive regime if needed. There, political disagreement and the free exchange of ideas are repressed via hate speech laws etc... The price we pay for protection from our own government is gun violence because of lawless citizens within. It used to be that people had some respect for freedom but now many are no more than animals looking for a cageI

I do not remember having to watch what I say.
Well, you'd be shocked. Let me give you a perfect example:

One of my aggy friends (nuke engineer) and his wife moved to England in 2004. They took most of their possessions with them including a very extensive library. One of the books in the collection was "Mein Kompf" (sp). The British authorities told them the book is not allowed within the borders of the UK. Can't buy it, can't sell it, can't possess it. So, he threw it in the garbage. Now, before we start with the jokes, he read it in college for a history class and kept the book. It is however, a historical piece of literature regardless of who wrote it. But it's illegal in the UK. I don't prescribe to his writings, but it's BS that books are banned in England.

Another example-- in Sweden, if you post anything derogatory on social media about "certain religious groups" the authorities can arrest, detain and fine you.

This also isn't about guns. Every male member of switzerland's society that is able bodied is conscripted into military service for a short period of time, issued an automatic rifle, and when their service is up, they take said rifle home with them and keep it, lest they need to be rushed into service one day. They don't kill each other like we do.

Israeli men AND women must serve. There's guns all over Israel. The difference there though is that the society tends to be a little more united within when pretty much everyone in your neighborhood hates your guts and wants you dead. It leaves little time for you to be running around shwacking each other when you're eyes are always looking "outside" of your country for threats.

We Americans like our meds, we like our exploding movies, we like our video games, we like our socially fvcked up constructs of social media, we like our drugs and we like our guns.

Mix all that sh!t up and there are a lot of people that just can't handle it all.

Look, some folks can't handle freedom. They just can't deal with it...... for whatever reason. They are either locked in a financial prison, a mental prison or an actual one. Freeing them from it only freaks them the fvck out and they have to do something drastic for the world to make sense again--- from inside their prison.

Well, you'd be shocked. Let me give you a perfect example:

One of my aggy friends (nuke engineer) and his wife moved to England in 2004. They took most of their possessions with them including a very extensive library. One of the books in the collection was "Mein Kompf" (sp). The British authorities told them the book is not allowed within the borders of the UK. Can't buy it, can't sell it, can't possess it. So, he threw it in the garbage. Now, before we start with the jokes, he read it in college for a history class and kept the book. It is however, a historical piece of literature regardless of who wrote it. But it's illegal in the UK. I don't prescribe to his writings, but it's BS that books are banned in England.

Another example-- in Sweden, if you post anything derogatory on social media about "certain religious groups" the authorities can arrest, detain and fine you.

This also isn't about guns. Every male member of switzerland's society that is able bodied is conscripted into military service for a short period of time, issued an automatic rifle, and when their service is up, they take said rifle home with them and keep it, lest they need to be rushed into service one day. They don't kill each other like we do.

Israeli men AND women must serve. There's guns all over Israel. The difference there though is that the society tends to be a little more united within when pretty much everyone in your neighborhood hates your guts and wants you dead. It leaves little time for you to be running around shwacking each other when you're eyes are always looking "outside" of your country for threats.

We Americans like our meds, we like our exploding movies, we like our video games, we like our socially fvcked up constructs of social media, we like our drugs and we like our guns.

Mix all that sh!t up and there are a lot of people that just can't handle it all.

Look, some folks can't handle freedom. They just can't deal with it...... for whatever reason. They are either locked in a financial prison, a mental prison or an actual one. Freeing them from it only freaks them the fvck out and they have to do something drastic for the world to make sense again--- from inside their prison.

I like my books, but I do not care to read Mein Kompf. I read excerpts and it is a tough read.

There’s plenty of OT discussions on this forum that have nothing to do with sports. I think even clob posted about his poop and bath scrubbies. It doesn’t need to get heated just don’t take everything personal.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
There’s plenty of OT discussions on this forum that have nothing to do with sports. I think even clob posted about his poop and bath scrubbies. It doesn’t need to get heated just don’t take everything personal.

We know more about Clob then any women in this world would get close to knowing lol

I will say this and I'm sure I'll catch some grief for it but that's ok, for me, Imo, taking the Bible and it's values out of the classroom and pretty much everywhere else has done catastrophic damage to our society as as whole. I'm not saying you need to be a bible thumper but just trying to keep the most of the Ten Commandments in mind shouldn't be too much to ask.

I put my oldest daughter in a private christian school and it is absolutely night and day the way those kids act compared to those in public schools. I guess I could be accused of sheltering her or whatever but public schools are out of control.

We know more about Clob then any women in this world would get close to knowing lol
Meh...... I see where you're going with that tongue in cheek and yes, it's funny, but in reality, we both know it's not (completely) true. I just look around from time to time and think "what's the point?". For some weird reason, I was given this gift/curse to over analyze sh!t and sometimes it pays off big time for me, and other times it leaves me arid. Once you start reading books about quantum mechanics and base particle string equations you look around yourself and go......... "wtf really matters in the scheme of things?".

I like my books, but I do not care to read Mein Kompf. I read excerpts and it is a tough read.
You should read it and I'll tell you why.

That dude shaped history forever. Like Alexander the Great, Ghengis Khan, Atilla the Hun, the Pharoahs, the Ceasars-- he will always be a pivotal character in history. Even though you don't believe in what he did, I challenge you to read his book so that you may have a greater understanding of the most essential reason---- why. Understanding someone else's mistakes gives you great insight into the errors of their ways and also allows you to understand the context of said actions.

You should read it and I'll tell you why.

That dude shaped history forever. Like Alexander the Great, Ghengis Khan, Atilla the Hun, the Pharoahs, the Ceasars-- he will always be a pivotal character in history. Even though you don't believe in what he did, I challenge you to read his book so that you may have a greater understanding of the most essential reason---- why. Understanding someone else's mistakes gives you great insight into the errors of their ways and also allows you to understand the context of said actions.

Thanks, I will put it on my reading list.

Thanks, I will put it on my reading list.

While AH was a man who put his stamp on history, it's an evil stamp. Mein Kamph is a description of AH's own cage. He committed suicide because of it and murdered millions while at it.

I suggest a book about a man who was freed from his cage. Try reading Pilgrims Progress. It is prolly the second most read book next to the Bible.

Reactions: okiehorn
Well ok... Europe has a completely different society than ours. They restrict gun ownership. They do not have free speach, freedom to assemble, freedom of worship, and the list goes on.... The only thing that protects these rights for us is the right to bear and keep arms which is not allowed in Europe.
I don't want to get into the 2nd amendment because that's a religion to some people but you're completely misinformed as far as Europe goes.

Yes, they do restrict gun ownership (in many countries you must have a special provision due to the violence) but all citizens of the European Union enjoy freedom of speech, of the press, of assembly, of association, of procession and of demonstration.

Reactions: okiehorn
Its about mental illness. It doesn't matter if the kid goes to church regularly or if the kid doesn't go to church at all. It doesn't matter if the kid goes to a public school or a private school. Mental illness doesn't discriminate. If you take a kid with mental illness and isolate them and then desensitize them to violent behavior then they will have no idea how to cope with something as simple as getting rejected by a girl that they may have a crush on. Something like that could be devastating to a kid with good mental health but to another kid with mental health issues might think the only way to deal with that is to grab a gun and go shoot people. If you want the problem to go away then we really need to have discussions about teenage mental health and kids access to social media, violent first person shooter video games, and guns.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT