ADVERTISEMENT

OT: School Shootings

Not too hard to fix. This tends to be a male problem so that eliminates half the population. The warning signs are usually there. Find the angry isolated loaner kid that is saying disturbing things in class and making disturbing post online and take away their Xbox and access to guns and get them help. All it takes is for adults to pay attention to what's going on and act like adults. Parents need to understand that it probably isn't healthy if your teenager is playing videogames 10 hours a day.

Not too hard to fix. This tends to be a male problem so that eliminates half the population. The warning signs are usually there. Find the angry isolated loaner kid that is saying disturbing things in class and making disturbing post online and take away their Xbox and access to guns and get them help. All it takes is for adults to pay attention to what's going on and act like adults. Parents need to understand that it probably isn't healthy if your teenager is playing videogames 10 hours a day.

Seems logical but it turns out that the kid in Italy, Tx.. was kept in school by the liberal admin (like lupar above) because it was not fair to keep him out. He has a looooong rap sheet and was a huge rotten apple. Looks like the school sys. now has a large lawsuit problem. The kid had a history and now the public school in Italy is going to be bankrupt.

Sorry but it isn't the school admin it's the State. Can't have dropouts so have to keep them in. But that's beside the point. If the kid has known issues then why isn't he getting help and how does he get access to a gun.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
Seems logical but it turns out that the kid in Italy, Tx.. was kept in school by the liberal admin (like lupar above) because it was not fair to keep him out. He has a looooong rap sheet and was a huge rotten apple. Looks like the school sys. now has a large lawsuit problem. The kid had a history and now the public school in Italy is going to be bankrupt.

Liberal admin in Italy Texas? ok..me thinks you have never been to Italy Texas. Maybe you could provide the infowars article you read..

Supposedly the kid from a Kentucky was a good kid. Never hurt a fly. But just decided to take his mommas gun and go shootin! :rolleyes:

Public schools are run by their locally elected school boards. Admin is full of former coaches. Commissioner of TEA has been appointed by republican governors since 1994. Republicans dominate every elected office in the state and exercise tremendous control over education policy in the state.

Last edited:
Public schools are run by their locally elected school boards. Admin is full of former coaches. Commissioner of TEA has been appointed by republican governors since 1994. Republicans dominate every elected office in the state and exercise tremendous control over education policy in the state.

constituents?

No they are not. How would Heather has 2 mommy's be in all the libraries? No prayer before the ballgame when most of the constituents are Baptists? That's from the gubmint. Don't tell me that the schools are run by conservatives.

I am a professor at a catholic university now. I am also what most people call a blue dog democrat. I coached mostly at rural and suburban schools. That behavior was fairly common and 90% of the time the kids were taking the initiative. I was there mostly for guidance and support.

There's never been a perfect time. Did anyone claim there was one? Talking about delaying the inevitable. But I am not a part of the public system anymore so what do I care. You're smart enough for the both of us.... Make sure to duck when you go spewing your filth in public.

errr..can I introduce you to an fine read..it is called the constitution. Any student raised in the (48th ranked) fine Texas schools could probably break it down for you. Certainly having attended and graduated from the flagship school in Texas, you attended a history class or a civics class?.. this should certainly be something that was covered in class. At least one..hopefully?

I am a professor at a catholic university now. I am also what most people call a blue dog democrat. I coached mostly at rural and suburban schools. That behavior was fairly common and 90% of the time the kids were taking the initiative. I was there mostly for guidance and support.

Re: kids behavior... as it should be. I was public school 100%. I stay away now. All I ask is that my $$$ stays away as well.

errr..can I introduce you to an fine read..it is called the constitution. Any student raised in the (48th ranked) fine Texas schools could probably break it down for you. Certainly having attended and graduated from the flagship school in Texas, you attended a history class or a civics class?.. this should certainly be something that was covered in class. At least one..hopefully?

What are you talking about? Make some sense please.

Last edited:
Re: kids behavior... as it should be. I was public school 100%. I stay away now. All I ask is that my $$$ stays away as well.
Compulsory public education that is free at the point of delivery is a vital component of our democracy. Tax money for public education is a sound investment and it is our civic duty to fund education for the masses

Compulsory public education that is free at the point of delivery is a vital component of our democracy. Tax money for public education is a sound investment and it is our civic duty to fund education for the masses

Umm... well there's a problem. When kids are murdering each other, they really aren't.

The facts are that people are abandoning the public schools in droves for mostly private Christian schools and home schooling, except for rural and inner city communities but that may start changing soon. I would wager that in 5-10 years online learning (at home or some other heavily guarded building) will dominate all learning and public schools will be a shell of what they once were.

The axe is laid at the root of the tree. Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
I've often wondered about that. I have friends and family with kids in major universities right now: LSU, Rutgers, Pitt, TCU etc...... and I'm blown away by all of the "online" classes they have. I wonder if public education at the primary level will ever become that. Methinks no because people use public schools for the following reasons--

Education
Daycare for their kids
Free food for the less fortunate families
Sports activities

Or any combination of the 4.

I've often wondered about that. I have friends and family with kids in major universities right now: LSU, Rutgers, Pitt, TCU etc...... and I'm blown away by all of the "online" classes they have. I wonder if public education at the primary level will ever become that. Methinks no because people use public schools for the following reasons--

Education
Daycare for their kids
Free food for the less fortunate families
Sports activities

Or any combination of the 4.

It's going to be the great flight from established education. It's already begun. Sports will migrate to the big baller type academies and the poeple who don't want their daughters mixing with the thugs will and are escaping. Only a matter of time til the political will is there to kill the funding. Most of the Christians left years ago b/c of the ungodly teaching. That's when it started. Leftists kill everything they touch. See Venezuela. ...

Last edited:
Reactions: freeper
I've noticed the charter school system is exploding. The Montesorro type schools, the non denomination schools--- there's a large explosion already. I was in phx not long ago and one of my business partners parents just bought 6 charter schools because....... well, they are profitable. I kind of questioned him about "making money vs educating kids" and his response was "well, public schools are funded out the a$$ and make no money and can't graduate kids for sh!t. These schools all make money and have 99% graduation rates....... so which is better?".

Reactions: freeper
I've noticed the charter school system is exploding. The Montesorro type schools, the non denomination schools--- there's a large explosion already. I was in phx not long ago and one of my business partners parents just bought 6 charter schools because....... well, they are profitable. I kind of questioned him about "making money vs educating kids" and his response was "well, public schools are funded out the a$$ and make no money and can't graduate kids for sh!t. These schools all make money and have 99% graduation rates....... so which is better?".
Large online academies are going to use economies of scale to educate kids for $5 to $10 a month. It's going to wipe out the education racket. There will be virtual labs... the whole nine yards for penies on the penies. It's going to wipe out the universities as well. It's just a matter of time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ristensen-higher-education-on-the-edge-2013-2

It's not the weapons. It's the rot from within. Our society is rotting away. The reason europe seems safer is that they are rotting at a slower pace but it's still happening. Usually the remedy for rotting society is the iron fist of a tyrannical gov. but in the us we have weapons and a lot of them so gov is going to have to things differently this time. Enter algorithms and pre crime.
You must not know many europeans. They are way ahead of us.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
That's some funny sh!t right there.

I see what you guys are saying with the message of "religion can provide a outline of how to treat others" ie---- do unto others etc.

And yes, the world would be an almost perfect place if we all treated people in the same way we like to be treated (except for those dudes that like being chained up and whipped by gothic folks in the dungeon) **belldozer**

But someone introduced the mental illness argument into the convo. Ya..... sorry, but no amount of Jesus and church will cure a person with true mental illness. We humans are all walking experiments. And what I mean by that is-- we are living, breathing, chemistry and electrical experiments. Hormones, chems, electric brain signals, phermones.... any imbalance in this chemistry set and it throws the whole thing out of whack. And once your sh!t is out of whack, i'll pray for you...... but that ain't going to fix you.
he quTestion I have is this- when did we get so many people going so bat sh!t crazy? Did this always happen? Were these people always in our society but locked up in the boobie hatch? Prison? Is there a consistent ratio of mentally insane people in the world? Are there more now? What's causing this? Food? Water? Society? Defects in the genes? We'd better figure it out quickly.
Yes, this has always happened. There's a dvd of Jane Goodall. and her chimps. The group broke up into a large group and a small group.The big group killed all the males and the older females in the little group, incorporated the young females. Genocidal warfare preceded humanity. The first people in north america didn't much look like Indians today, but are obviously linked by DNA. Read the Icelandic sagas. We're getting much gentler. Now the news tells us of things happening 2000 miles away. So we think things are getting worse instead of better.

When my children were in preschool and elementary, they went to an Episcopal school. Cost $2250./year when the public schools were demanding $4500. The church and school used the same classrooms. The church even provided scholarships for the needy. The public schools waste at least a third of what they SPEND.

I have a little more knowledge on the Italy shooting bc of family there. The kid has been expelled multiple times, sent to detention center (DAEP) in Ellis county, etc since he was in middle school. For a small school with very little funding it seems to the blind eye they followed every protocol necessary. Was it the schools fault or the states fault for not stepping in when all the red flags were there? idk... seems like the school was doing what it was supposed to do.

I have a little more knowledge on the Italy shooting bc of family there. The kid has been expelled multiple times, sent to detention center (DAEP) in Ellis county, etc since he was in middle school. For a small school with very little funding it seems to the blind eye they followed every protocol necessary. Was it the schools fault or the states fault for not stepping in when all the red flags were there? idk... seems like the school was doing what it was supposed to do.

The school does what they're supposed to because we have adults that have children that end up suing the district. It's like anything the district or even just a specific school reacts to a parent or maybe even something that happened. I remember sitting in PTA meetings and some of the parents would just bitch and moan the whole time to the principal about minor issues. Well minor to me but obviously a huge issue for the parents but then some of these parents have kids skipping and just not participating in school so there's that. I'd hate to be a teacher but I'd really hate to be a principal.

The school does what they're supposed to because we have adults that have children that end up suing the district. It's like anything the district or even just a specific school reacts to a parent or maybe even something that happened. I remember sitting in PTA meetings and some of the parents would just bitch and moan the whole time to the principal about minor issues. Well minor to me but obviously a huge issue for the parents but then some of these parents have kids skipping and just not participating in school so there's that. I'd hate to be a teacher but I'd really hate to be a principal.

This example is a great reason to decentralize the school system on top of the already discussed problems. It's time to sink or swim. School was never intended to be a brothel or a gun range. The centralized model has run it's course and it's time is over. If a person is unwilling to be a net positive to the economy then maybe we plug them into the matrix and they can be a source of energy... idk, but the bad apples are ruining the system as we know it.

ADVERTISEMENT