ADVERTISEMENT

Pre season camp

I thought alumnus players always had an open door? Or is that only for the VYs of the world?
There's a lot of former players. And there's only a certain number of days I can go because of other obligations I have.

Reactions: WRLHookem
I think Sark is tighter on practices and who attends more than any other coach before him at Texas..

Agreed. If he can’t get it done with this group and the schedule they have then he isn’t the guy and it will be time to move on
The issue with that is, If you fire Sark, you probably lose Manning to the portal. Sark has at least 1 guaranteed season in the SEC. Unless we go like 6-6 or worse and dont make a bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
First day or two is always similar.
Here's where you stretch, freshman.
Here's how we warm up, freshman.
Here's how we run drills, freshman.

Vets- let's see those muscles you put on over the summer.
Boy, it's hot out here.
Remember, stay hydrated.
Let's break up into positions.
Let's run some drills.
Nobody falls down today.
Let's get your necks used to the helmets.
Everybody get ready for conditioning.
Toe on the line for wind sprints.
Hydrate.
We are gonna put the pads on In a few days, be ready.
If you've got any dings or aches and pains, get in the training room ASAP.

The fun starts the first full day in pads.

The REAL fun starts with the first 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 scrimmage.

First day or two is always similar.
Here's where you stretch, freshman.
Here's how we warm up, freshman.
Here's how we run drills, freshman.

Vets- let's see those muscles you put on over the summer.
Boy, it's hot out here.
Remember, stay hydrated.
Let's break up into positions.
Let's run some drills.
Nobody falls down today.
Let's get your necks used to the helmets.
Everybody get ready for conditioning.
Toe on the line for wind sprints.
Hydrate.
We are gonna put the pads on In a few days, be ready.
If you've got any dings or aches and pains, get in the training room ASAP.

The fun starts the first full day in pads.

The REAL fun starts with the first 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 scrimmage.
do we know when full pads start? next Monday i imagine?

i'm enjoying the possibility of the "embrace the hate" mentality that sark says the team has adopted. if that's true, i think we can all say... FINALLLLLYYYYY

do we know when full pads start? next Monday i imagine?
It's usually a couple days with helmets, then you go helmet and shoulder pads. Then you lace'em up.
Earliest would be saturday- Monday the latest-- I would wager.

kool aid 80s GIF

Wait for the results. Don't do it.

im trying brother belive me lol..i havent felt THIS good about our team since 08 really. Maybe 2019 when we played LSU...Hopefully its more like 08 than 2019
The best part of that video is the part about the O line. We haven’t had a bunch of mean ass pricks on O line in years. An O line with a bad attitude is worth an extra 3 wins last year.

The best part of that video is the part about the O line. We haven’t had a bunch of mean ass pricks on O line in years. An O line with a bad attitude is worth an extra 3 wins last year.
couldnt agree more. Excited about our WR's, our Dbs, our young freshman...BUT GOD I LOVE HEARING WE HAVE SOME BIG NASTY MEAN MF'ERS up front!! YEAH!

Yes and no i think. Still do "2adays" but nowhere near as long outside and not as hard as it used to be.
no 2 a days. there's a regular full-scale practice every day, but the "second practice" that you can have every other day is not a full practice. if you even have that second one, it's a modified workout--we lift and walk-through. never goes over an hour total. i don't even know the actual rule because every school i know either does it the way we do it, or forego the 2nd "practice" altogether. i can tell you actual 2 a days, as they were until 2010ish, absolutely sucked

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT