Random thoughts after Texas dismantles Oklahoma for an easy win

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Tre Wisner 2.jpg

Any time Texas beats Oklahoma, it’s a good Saturday. This one is no different, but I come out of this game thinking that I wanted to see even a little more from the Longhorns. Yes, Texas won easily by a score of 34-3 but there were some sloppy moments in this one, so stretches of pretty bad offensive football and just not the flat-out ass-kicking that I anticipated. Some of that can be credited to a pretty good Oklahoma defense, but the Longhorns just didn’t seem to be extremely sharp on offense either. Enough with the nitpicking … good win by the Horns in staying undefeated and sending OU back to Norman with their tail between their legs.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

View attachment 5454

Any time Texas beats Oklahoma, it’s a good Saturday. This one is no different, but I come out of this game thinking that I wanted to see even a little more from the Longhorns. Yes, Texas won easily by a score of 34-3 but there were some sloppy moments in this one, so stretches of pretty bad offensive football and just not the flat-out ass-kicking that I anticipated. Some of that can be credited to a pretty good Oklahoma defense, but the Longhorns just didn’t seem to be extremely sharp on offense either. Enough with the nitpicking … good win by the Horns in staying undefeated and sending OU back to Norman with their tail between their legs.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Reactions: marinehorn

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.