Random thoughts after Texas puts a proper beating on UTSA

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
AP24259014452531.jpg

- Well, this game went about the way I was expecting in terms of the actual score and the way we got to those totals, with Texas dominating early before calling off the dogs later in the game. But I have to admit, when Texas jumped up early I was thinking there wouldn’t be many talking points with this game because it was on its way to being such a clear blowout. Boy, was I wrong. The Quinn Ewers injury and the play of Arch Manning will dominate the local and national sports new, which was not something I expected coming into a game against an overmatched UTSA team. We’ll have to wait to hear on Ewers’ availability and I doubt we’ll even have an answer on if he’ll play next week until midweek, but Manning certainly eased any concerns if Ewers is forced to miss extended action.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

View attachment 5387

- Well, this game went about the way I was expecting in terms of the actual score and the way we got to those totals, with Texas dominating early before calling off the dogs later in the game. But I have to admit, when Texas jumped up early I was thinking there wouldn’t be many talking points with this game because it was on its way to being such a clear blowout. Boy, was I wrong. The Quinn Ewers injury and the play of Arch Manning will dominate the local and national sports new, which was not something I expected coming into a game against an overmatched UTSA team. We’ll have to wait to hear on Ewers’ availability and I doubt we’ll even have an answer on if he’ll play next week until midweek, but Manning certainly eased any concerns if Ewers is forced to miss extended action.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Reactions: hooked76

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.