ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Thread 2017

Who are we after the LB and the RB? I wouldn't think this hiring would affect our chances too much. Major is a good recruiter so he could have a strong relationship with them, but we pretty much took the rest of Houston's staff so unless they specifically bonded with Major I wouldn't think it comes into play. Now we may not get them for other reasons.
Hiring Major has already shut down the Dual threat QB we offered at Slot WR. He might get 2 of the offers, I don't think he lands the RB either, Applewhite was recruiting him.

Last edited:
So does anybody have the list of the guys that actually showed up for their OV's?

Herman lands his first commitment. Herman being a head coach who actually co-coordinates his special teams, perhaps it's not surprising that it's a kicker.

Let's hope he reminds us of the previous Texas greats instead of the disaster we've seen at PK and STs in general in recent years.

so when do we find out who in hell actually was an Official Visitor this weekend?...All I have seen is the guys that they said didnt come. What is true and what is bullshit?

so when do we find out who in hell actually was an Official Visitor this weekend?...All I have seen is the guys that they said didnt come. What is true and what is bullshit?
The list I posted several comments up, take off Peevy. Add the kicker, and a ILB from OK who was recently decommitted from Minnesota.

Reactions: oldhorn2
About Kyrei Fisher (LB from Tulsa, who OV'd this weeked) From SoonerScoop -- loves him. Said he's a late bloomer because he was initially seen as a tweener but that he has really grown into his body this year. Added that OU would be recruiting him if they weren't so far down the road already with other LB's. Said it's a great eval by Herman and that he could definitely play at UT. Hits like a truck.

Does she get offered too?

hJ388II.png

Hope your right,but don't look or feel like it.what is a good year for us
Dang going back through the archives to find that gem?

Obviously I drank to much koolaid back in February.

However, the foundation has been laid all we have to do is get that go transfer over to wins in the field next season. We win a BIG 12 championship kids won't want to leave the great state of TX, until then our top talent will look elsewhere.

The Scottsdale Community College Fighting Artichokes

I HEART that mascot.

As the story goes the student body was pissed about them raising tuition and given the opportunity to name the new mascot, they chose the lamest mascot they could think of.

Son you cannot imagine how impressed I am that you have the time to research the history of Scottsdale Community College.....good job! THAT is why I come to this site. I can get in depth info that is unavailable elsewhere.

I would like Herman to make a run at Henry! He fits the offense good.

I don't know. Didn't play this year, was suspended early in the season. Will have to sit out another year and only have 3 years to play. Would be nice to get a grad transfer so Heard can stay at receiver but we are pretty deep a receiver so having Heard move over full time wouldn't be a huge deal.

Taken through the grape vine and who knows if it's real: FWIW

"Hey all, I am an EHS student and come from a family of die hard Longhorns. I've had the pleasure of getting to know Walker Little over the last two and a half years and couldn't be prouder of all he has achieved. He and his family firmed up their decision to attend Texas this past weekend. He was already leaning that way prior to the in house with Herman but that visit really solidified everything for Walk. He was beaming yesterday wearing a UT shirt and is also wearing a Texas shirt today as well. He will choose Texas on Friday and is only waiting that long to announce because this is finals week at EHS and Friday we are all done.

FYI I don't know where Marvin is going but I don't think he knows either."

Son you cannot imagine how impressed I am that you have the time to research the history of Scottsdale Community College.....good job! THAT is why I come to this site. I can get in depth info that is unavailable elsewhere.

My first year in college I played football at a JC in Idaho and we played them, that is how I learned about the Fighting Artichokes.

Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT