ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Thread 2018

In all honesty though, isn't this new at least for Angilau? Or did we know this the whole time?

News to me as well, but we all should've known since he's tongan and lives in Utah lol

word on other sites is he may not even go on mission, wants a chance to play with Vahe, etc.

WEEKEND VISITORS (12/15)

Noah Banks (OL, JUCO - Arkansas commit), Mikey Grandy (OL, JUCO), Tahj Brown (DT, Houston commit - undecided), DeMarvion Overshown (S/LB, Texas commit), Caden Sterns (DB, Texas commit), and Brennan Eagles (WR, Texas commit). Also Owasso (OK) DL Courte Alexander will take an OV to Texas this weekend.

Herman also said that he thinks a lot of coaches didn't anticipate NSD1 to be as big as it is and have as many players sign early.

Joe Cook at IT:

Herman on his recent schedule: "I think this was one of the unintended consequences. You've got to suck it up and do it. There's no complaints. It is difficult for head coaches. I'm not sure we all realized the percentage of kids that would sign on the early signing day." #Hookem

Herman: "We'll probably have at least 2/3, probably 3/4 of our class signed on signing day." #HookEm #revolUTion18

Herman: "We're recruiting probably 26 to 28 guys. To go try and see 26 guys, and have bowl practices, and host official visitors each weekend -- 26 guys in three weeks plus practice -- the math doesn't really add up real well. It's been a blur." #HookEm

Herman's week
-Sun: Los Angeles, CA
-Mon: Salt Lake City, UT > Austin, TX
-Tues: Prac > Louisville, KY > Bradenton, FL
Wed: Bradenton, FL > Houston, TX > Austin
Thrus: Prac > Shreveport, LA > Dallas, TX
Fri: Practice #HookEm

Making the money that he's making, he better get his grind on.
I coach a boys high school. I coach girls 7th grade team. I'm coaching boys 7th and 8th grade Jr high team. I also coach boys 7th and 8th grade travel team. I don't complain. I do it for the kids, it's definitely not the money lol. SUCK IT UP AND GRIND, HERMAN.

Saw a list of the Top 100 in Texas, just a reminder how well this crew is doing in recruiting. 5 of the top 6 are committed to Texas with the only holdout being Anthony Cook who we are in on. 13 of the top 100 are committed to Texas right now, with several others have Texas in their final list.

If/When that class gets to campus you will be able to discuss if the coaching is cutting it. Incredible group of talent on paper.

Yup. 9 of the top 15 players in the state are currently commited to Texas. The state has only been dominated like that in the very best Mack Brown classes. Very impressive for Tom’s first class coming off three consecutive losing seasons. The future is bright.

Rondale Moore decommitted.
Flip picks for us for Binnito.
Early signing day tomorrow for some of our top prospects.
Going to be an interesting finish from now until feb.

Curious about how the great Texas recruiting class is based on two QBs, one of which OU wanted (Rising). You get the cream of the crop in Texas, just like most years since 1958. But why two QBs unless one can play WR? Even some OU fans want to see Kyler M. at WR. Seems like a waste given how much OLine and RB talent the Horns need.

Just a little something I saw today. Last year the Big XII had a terrible year in recruiting, only OK brought in a top class.

But this year both Texas and OK are in the top ten and it's a certainty they'll finish there. But WV, TCU, and believe it or not Baylor will all finish in the top twenty and all of them could finish higher.

Rondale Moore decommitted.
Flip picks for us for Binnito.
Early signing day tomorrow for some of our top prospects.
Going to be an interesting finish from now until feb.
Slot receivers are a dime a dozen in Texas. Texas produces enough skill position players to go around. Texas does not produce much quantity of the non-flag football positions. Worry about the DL, OL & LB's. WR, DB & QB is low hanging fruit in Texas.

Curious about how the great Texas recruiting class is based on two QBs, one of which OU wanted (Rising). You get the cream of the crop in Texas, just like most years since 1958. But why two QBs unless one can play WR? Even some OU fans want to see Kyler M. at WR. Seems like a waste given how much OLine and RB talent the Horns need.
Because we only have two on the roster

@CoachEmUp64 Are we getting what we expected so far?

This is a list from TFB. Bolded names have signed. Still waiting on LOI from Rising, Hobbs, Adeoye and Green.

Not expected to sign today are Ingram and Coburn. Of which, Coburn is somewhat of a flip concern.

QB Cam Rising: Plans to sign early, and enroll early

QB Casey Thompson: Plans to sign early, and enroll early

RB Keaontay Ingram: I spoke to Keaontay and a coach of his and they were sure of he’s going to sign early. With Carthage playing in the State Title game this weekend it wouldn’t surprise me to see him wait.

WR Brennan Eagles: Plans to sign early, and enroll early

WR Al’Vonte Woodard: Plans to sign early

TE Malcolm Epps: Plans to sign early

OT Reese Moore: Plans to sign early

OT Rafiti Ghirmai: Told me he isn’t sure about signing early. But he is solid to Texas.

OT Junior Angilau: Haven’t gotten official word yet from Angilau, but it sounds like he’s signing early. The bigger question will be if he takes a 2-year LDS mission after he graduates HS

DT Keondre Coburn: Doesn’t plan to sign early

OLB Byron Hobbs: Plans to sign early

LB Ayodele Adeoye: Plans to sign early and enroll early

OLB/S DeMarvion Overshown: Plans to sign early

CB Jalen Green: Plans to sign early

CB D’Shawn Jamison: Plans to sign early

S BJ Foster: Plans to sign early, and enroll early

S Caden Sterns: Plans to sign early and enroll early

K Cameron Dicker: Plans to sign early

Watching the LHN telecast of Signing Day and Acho is not a huge fan of the signing of Cameron Rising. He doesn't think that he fits with what we want to do.

@CoachEmUp64 Are we getting what we expected so far?
Going to be dang good class, easily top 5 when all is said and done in feb. About 3/4 of our class will sign early today. I'd say it was a huge success. Still need some big bodies on the OL/DL though, but im sure the staff will find some late bloomers.

Slot receivers are a dime a dozen in Texas. Texas produces enough skill position players to go around. Texas does not produce much quantity of the non-flag football positions. Worry about the DL, OL & LB's. WR, DB & QB is low hanging fruit in Texas.
Not worried about it at all. Just passing on the information.

This is a list from TFB. Bolded names have signed. Still waiting on LOI from Rising, Hobbs, Adeoye and Green.

Not expected to sign today are Ingram and Coburn. Of which, Coburn is somewhat of a flip concern.

RB Keaontay Ingram: I spoke to Keaontay and a coach of his and they were sure of he’s going to sign early. With Carthage playing in the State Title game this weekend it wouldn’t surprise me to see him wait.

OT Rafiti Ghirmai: Told me he isn’t sure about signing early. But he is solid to Texas.

OT Junior Angilau: Haven’t gotten official word yet from Angilau, but it sounds like he’s signing early. The bigger question will be if he takes a 2-year LDS mission after he graduates HS

Jalen Green signed as well

Rising is in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT