ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2023 Thread

I read some good things Liona Lefau today. What do we know about him?

Does anyone know for sure if Jett Bush is one of HW's grandkids?

Sorry to hear about Brennan Thompson. Be interesting to see where he ends up.
If my name was Jett Bush, the only reason I go off to college in Austin is to spend every day trying to invade a rack.

Sounds to me like our freshman WR are beating our Sophomore WRs...sucks to suck.

I love this response by Sark on the transfer portal

"The moment you go in the transfer portal at the University of Texas, you're no longer coming back," Sarkisian said. "Kids go and test the waters and try to come back, we're not playing that game. If you want to go in the portal, go in the portal, and good luck to you."

2618366.jpg
I love this response by Sark on the transfer portal

"The moment you go in the transfer portal at the University of Texas, you're no longer coming back," Sarkisian said. "Kids go and test the waters and try to come back, we're not playing that game. If you want to go in the portal, go in the portal, and good luck to you."

Interesting he just stopped all football activities and focused solely on track. He pretty much cost himself a spot on the team by doing that.

He came in injured during fall, barely played, and missed spring ball. What was he even trying to do is the real question
He's from up in the panhandle. I wonder if he'll xfr to one of the OK schools or CO and play for Deion.

Thursday practice nugs via IT:
  • Things started slow with a focus on coaching, but eventually heated up. Super competitive, lots of trash talking. Guys being dudes.
  • Ewers looks like a veteran. Pure gas.
  • Brooks is RB1 but the whole room looks good. Brooks and Baxter complement each other well.
  • AD Mitchell was the most noticeable receiver. A few drops but all-in-all WR room looks good. Cook and Moore also got praise.
  • JT Sanders continues to look good. Gunnar Helm can get the job done - not as good as JT but adequate hands and size.
  • Conner and Majors continue to look solid at OL and will remain starters. Banks and Jones continue to dominate at the tackles.
  • Sorrell and Burke are the best at Jack and Buck. Sorrell looks like an improved / stronger version of his '22 self and Burke has been savvy in using his length and quickness against the pass and the run. Sounds like Burke is learning how to set the edge.
  • Byron Murphy is the best DL.
  • Gbenda is using experience to his advantage and likely will hold the available spot at LB ahead of Blackwell and Hill, although both of them also look good and will play.
  • At safety, Crawford has the highest highs but has to play consistently. Jerrin Thompson doesn't have Crawford's athleticism but is more consistent. Taaffe has good production and is doing a good job cleaning up plays.
  • All four DBs (Holmes, Watts, Brooks, Muhammad) look great. Holmes has picked up the system fast and Muhammad does not look like a freshman. The whole room looks good.

2 concerns.

1. Does Quinn have his whip back? Can he stand on the front foot and come over the top and drone strike the deep out.
2. Do we even have anyone that can ballerina the sideline and catch it?

2 concerns.

1. Does Quinn have his whip back? Can he stand on the front foot and come over the top and drone strike the deep out.
2. Do we even have anyone that can ballerina the sideline and catch it?
3 predictions for you.

Quinn looks like a leader and commander on the Field
Baxter is our best running back
Mitchell is our best WR and scores 2 tds today

Arch deep ball to Johntay TODAY!!!

Off topic and totally unrelated but are there any women on this board? Dumb question I know but just curious

This is a male only forum. Please report any suspected females to the mods.

• Haha
Reactions: westx
Apparently, Bear Alexander was at our spring game yesterday in an unofficial capacity. If that’s true, I say we should in good position for him. He’s from Terrell, Tx and was previously an Aggy commit before flipping to Georgia. Also, SEC rules require that transfers sit out a year if transferring to another SEC school. That pretty much knocks out the Aggies. He’s also close with AD Mitchell. One last nugget is that he was contacted on Twitter by numerous other players around the country. Out of all the tweets, the one from Anthony Hill was the only one he liked. Take that for whatever it’s worth.

Update on Bear Alexander:

CTJ on Surly says we're probably not in on Bear Alexander. He is going to be extremely expensive for whoever gets him and we have our hands full with other NIL.

I don't know how reliable he is but people on Surly think highly of CTJ and his sources. However, we're talking about Surly though.

Update on Bear Alexander:

CTJ on Surly says we're probably not in on Bear Alexander. He is going to be extremely expensive for whoever gets him and we have our hands full with other NIL.

I don't know how reliable he is but people on Surly think highly of CTJ and his sources. However, we're talking about Surly though.
Sounds to me like he’s just regurgitating what Ketchum said lol. Cause that’s almost word for word with what he said. Call me crazy but I’m not really into a guy who’s just out chasing money. Give me a guy who eats, breathes, and shits football. I don’t get the drift that’s Bear. If it was he wouldn’t have left Georgia. They have been spitting out first round defensive talent the last 5 years. Not sure why you’d leave that.

1.2-1.5 million
Seems fair to me. We should be able to make that happen. If he doesn't come, it won't be because of money. With Aggy out, it only leaves us and USC based on the schools that have reportedly shown interest. With him being a Texas native, I just don't see him heading west to USC. However, I could be very wrong since we're talking about a 19 year old kid.

Reactions: westx
Seems fair to me. We should be able to make that happen. If he doesn't come, it won't be because of money. With Aggy out, it only leaves us and USC based on the schools that have reportedly shown interest. With him being a Texas native, I just don't see him heading west to USC. However, I could be very wrong since we're talking about a 19 year old kid.
I have no clue the money going around to other top DLs/LBs or whoever. But, if that is the going rate for "proven and elite" players then it is difficult to argue against paying the man. A dominant DL can make all of the difference, however, it can also cause some team chemistry issues with the existing players we have-they are no slouches.

I have no clue the money going around to other top DLs/LBs or whoever. But, if that is the going rate for "proven and elite" players then it is difficult to argue against paying the man. A dominant DL can make all of the difference, however, it can also cause some team chemistry issues with the existing players we have-they are no slouches.
also, if you want players to stay in college longer and not leave to the draft early. Pay them to stay. If other schools are, theirs no reason we shouldn't.

Apparently, Bear Alexander was at our spring game yesterday in an unofficial capacity. If that’s true, I say we should in good position for him. He’s from Terrell, Tx and was previously an Aggy commit before flipping to Georgia. Also, SEC rules require that transfers sit out a year if transferring to another SEC school. That pretty much knocks out the Aggies. He’s also close with AD Mitchell. One last nugget is that he was contacted on Twitter by numerous other players around the country. Out of all the tweets, the one from Anthony Hill was the only one he liked. Take that for whatever it’s worth.

He was at Denton Ryan with Hill. Tried to transfer to Brewer in White Settlement, UIL said nah, so he went to IMG I think.

Dude doesn't seem to really set roots, just chases the next best thing. Incredible talent though.

He was at Denton Ryan with Hill. Tried to transfer to Brewer in White Settlement, UIL said nah, so he went to IMG I think.

Dude doesn't seem to really set roots, just chases the next best thing. Incredible talent though.
I believe he played at like 4 different schools in high school. Freshman year played at Terrell. Sophomore year at Dallas Skyline. Junior year Denton Ryan and senior year IMG. I wonder how much of that his parents though?

I believe he played at like 4 different schools in high school. Freshman year played at Terrell. Sophomore year at Dallas Skyline. Junior year Denton Ryan and senior year IMG. I wonder how much of that his parents though?
He has a guardian (alllegedly).

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT