ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2023 Thread

Johntay Cook is going to be a stud! I think he's ready to contribute day 1 similar to Worthy his freshman year. All that training he's done with Margin Hooks is evident when you watch him run routes.

That looks smooth; however, I think there are too many of us that have had our hands slammed in the car door by Texas Football to get too excited in the Spring. Nice post btw.

I hope brooks is too but I really think Baxter will have a big role this year.
I'd like for him to put on the adequate amount of muscle needed before he plays too much. Good thing he is in practice and the weight room early.

I'd like for him to put on the adequate amount of muscle needed before he plays too much. Good thing he is in practice and the weight room early.
Sounds like he's already got the weight part nailed down. He's a big kid. 6'1 220 pounds is where he's at right now.

Duuuuuude, Baxter is gonna be a beast. I think those 2 RBs will both play similar to last year's rotation.
I see Savion Red having a role as well. Sounds like he's already impressed quite a bit in these first 2 practices. He's got some Roschon Johnson traits about him. His body type reminds me a lot of Selvin Young.

Read that QB Murphy was held out again for some reason. Don't know if he's still injured but the guy can't even get on the practice field. If I'm Sark I would be looking for another QB to transfer in after the spring. We don't want to go into the season with only two healthy QBs and one being a true freshman. Sark better pray they stay healthy.
Charles Wright yo

Is it the future that Malik has to take a medical discharge or whatever you call it? I see Kirk Johnson all over again.

Is it the future that Malik has to take a medical discharge or whatever you call it? I see Kirk Johnson all over again.
It’s pretty safe to say now that he is injury prone. They’re saying this is a new injury that is not related to the previous one so that’s not good at all. I know one thing, that number 2 spot has been taken over by Arch it appears. I bet Malik hits the portal soon. It’s inevitable.

To the best ofy memory Malik has never even been able to play in practice.....Then I hear he was great running the scout team....All I know is we have never been able to see him play going on two years....

Reactions: DHHorn
To the best ofy memory Malik has never even been able to play in practice.....Then I hear he was great running the scout team....All I know is we have never been able to see him play going on two years....
This is a damn shame. Kid is a great talent, and Sark is extremely high on him. I have a feeling he’s going to great somewhere, and it sickens me that it might not be here.

Lets not forget about Jaydon Blue just yet. I know things haven't been great for him thus far but he will get first crack at the 2 deep, along side Brooks.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
The bad part is that the broken part may not mend in proper alignment if you wait so long for the cast. Don’t get me wrong, It will mend and heal, but more than likely a little off
I wish I could post photos of my fvcked up knuckles and fingers on here. I've only got 1 knuckle left on my right hand. The rest are either jammed back permanently or split. I hated wearing a cast. I'd cut it off after week 1 and just tape up.

Reactions: westx
Quinn better have his shit together this year because Arch isn't messing around. He's putting in the work. His mechanics are a thing of beauty. It just looks so damn natural to him.

I just read some reports that say Jontay Cook and AD Mitchell are turning heads to the point of twisting them off. They apparantly catch the ball anywhere. Mitchell apparantly caught a ball that was "about 9 rows up" in the end zone and still managed to keep a foot inbounds. The whole team yelled "touchdown"!!! Everyone seems bought in

IT Practice nugs part one:

• Isaiah Neyor went through drills with the wide receivers, but Neyor wasn’t a full participant, spending the team’s stretching period with the rehab team, but he was running routes.
  • Offensive line mix: the No. 1 group remains Kelvin Banks at left tackle, Hayden Conner at left guard, Jake Majors at center, DJ Campbell at right guard and Christian Jones at right tackle.
  • No. 2 group: Cameron Williams worked at right tackle alongside Malik Agbo at right guard with Sawyer Goram-Welch at center, Neto Umeozulu at left guard and Payton Kirkland at left tackle.
  • No. 3 group: From left to right was Andre Cojoe, Max Merril, non-scholarship player Rick McBroom, Connor Stroh and Jaydon Chatman.
  • Jalen Catalon wasn’t out on the field. With Catalon out, Kitan Crawford continues to get work with the first-team defense. As a result, the staff is also getting a longer look at B.J. Allen Jr. and Larry Turner-Gooden.
  • Justice Finkley has the early lead in the competition to see who will start at EDGE opposite of Barryn Sorrell. Ethan Burke, J'Mond Tapp and Colton Vasek seem to be close together behind him.
  • Jaylan Ford and David Gbenda continue to be the No. 1 linebacker group.

Part two:

• Jonathon Brooks was practicing with the team and getting first-team reps. Brooks was followed by Jaydon Blue, Cedric Baxter Jr., Ky Woods, Savion Red and Anton Simieou. Running back Keilan Robinson (muscle strain) continues to be held out of spring ball.
  • Everyone already saw the pictures, but Maalik Murphy (foot) was a full participants in practice. "Murphy was finally able to show off his cannon for an arm, whistling a perfectly accurate out route to freshman DeAndre Moore during individual drills. Murphy was getting second-team reps behind Quinn Ewers while freshman Arch Manning was getting third-team reps."
  • Arch Manning had a beautiful deep ball down the seam to Jaden Alexis, who made a nice over-the-shoulder catch in-stride.
  • To expand on the DB nugs above, Kitan Crawford was running first-team at boundary safety with Jerrin Thompson running first-team at field safety. Larry Turner-Gooden and Michael Taffe were running second-team at safety, with BJ Allen rotating in with the twos. At cornerback, the competition continues among Terrance Brooks, Wake Forest transfer Gavin Holmes, Austin Jordan, freshman Malik Muhammad and Xavion Brice for the field cornerback position vacated by departed fifth-year senior D'Shawn Jamison.

I believe Christian Jones will be much improved. We will see. I am really looking forward to seeing our new offensive line this fall.

Reactions: freeper
I believe Christian Jones will be much improved. We will see. I am really looking forward to seeing our new offensive line this fall.
And I hope Hayden Conner and especially Kelvin Banks raise their game this year. That would give us 1 tough left ol.

Which one of the freshman ol coming in that you think can start?

ADVERTISEMENT