ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2023 Thread

He looks like shit with the beard and mullet. Fair or not, that is the perception.
We were all young and dumb at one point. His hair and beard are the least of my worries. I'm just talking about these narratives that he's lazy that are being thrown around. I haven't heard anything to back that up. Only thing I heard was the first of fall camp when they said he was having a little trouble with the playbook. I don't think that equates to being lazy though.

He said himself that he didn't work as hard in the film room as he could have and his footwork was "lazy" at times last year.
Lets see what happens over the summer!

He said himself that he didn't work as hard in the film room as he could have and his footwork was "lazy" at times last year.
Lets see what happens over the summer!
I still don't think that makes him lazy though. He's a freshman. How many freshman step on campus and have it all figured out their first year?

We were all young and dumb at one point. His hair and beard are the least of my worries. I'm just talking about these narratives that he's lazy that are being thrown around. I haven't heard anything to back that up. Only thing I heard was the first of fall camp when they said he was having a little trouble with the playbook. I don't think that equates to being lazy though.

I said why in my other reply...he looks like a homeless person. Perception, fair or not

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I’ll give him a pass on all his press conferences and play this year. Dude is a true freshman. He just needs to mature between the ears because the talent is there. When he does I bet he’s iceman out there. I seriously doubt anyone posting here would have been more mature. I know I wasn’t and I had a sh!t ton of fun. But I wasn’t the starting qb at Texas.

I’ll give him a pass on all his press conferences and play this year. Dude is a true freshman. He just needs to mature between the ears because the talent is there. When he does I bet he’s iceman out there. I seriously doubt anyone posting here would have been more mature. I know I wasn’t and I had a sh!t ton of fun. But I wasn’t the starting qb at Texas.

I was an idiot for sure

At 19 years old I thought I had it all figured out. When I hit about 35 I realized how much of an idiot I was back then lol.

Imo the big question is qb and receivers.

Now that Brennan Marion has moved along I'm thinking about something.

The quarterbacks, the receivers, and the coaches have got to get on the same page.

Not just Ewers, but Murphy, Manning, Wright, hell even Joe Tatum need to get in lockstep with the coaches.

Speaking of coaches maybe there was something going on behind closed doors with Brennan Marion and the rest of the offense.

You know we don't really know what's going on behind closed doors.

But something is wrong. Some people blame Ewers, or Sarkisian, or the receivers. A lot of it is inexperience.

I mean Marion left us for UNLV?

This will be Sarkisian's 3rd receiver coach.

We've got to get this one right.

My .02 worth

Last edited:
Marion left to be an OC. Can’t blame him for that. That wasn’t going to happen at Texas.

The question of Ewers maturity needs to canned until the summer. I think our first and second year players improved as the season went on.

I'm going to wait and see. I hope this isn't me wanting to believe it.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I'm not sure I question his maturity, I question the motivation of a 19 year old living in Austin who makes over a million bucks. He's already made it in his mind and there are a bunch of distractions and people pulling him different ways.

I'm not sure I question his maturity, I question the motivation of a 19 year old living in Austin who makes over a million bucks. He's already made it in his mind and there are a bunch of distractions and people pulling him different ways.
His replacement is now on campus. The clock is ticking for our mullet. Time to put up or transfer. Manning is all business.

His replacement is now on campus. The clock is ticking for our mullet. Time to put up or transfer. Manning is all business.
Manning needs time to learn and mature himself. If Manning is starting this year then we are in trouble, he's never played against anything resembling a college level defense.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Manning needs time to learn and mature himself. If Manning is starting this year then we are in trouble, he's never played against anything resembling a college level defense.
At least Ewers knows that he has no margin for error. This year will make or potentially force him to transfer next year. Spicoli's NFL payday is in doubt... at least the number #1 pick variety.

At least Ewers knows that he has no margin for error. This year will make or potentially force him to transfer next year. Spicoli's NFL payday is in doubt... at least the number #1 pick variety.
Merry Go Round. At some point we need an upperclassman QB, might have to deal with growing pains for a year but you can't keep starting over every year. I think Manning will be great too but we shouldn't rush him into playing.

Merry Go Round. At some point we need an upperclassman QB, might have to deal with growing pains for a year but you can't keep starting over every year. I think Manning will be great too but we shouldn't rush him into playing.
Oh, I agree. Some of these guys are like Worthy, though. You get a couple of them together and the results aren't what they expect and they transfer. I fully expect Ewers parents to be planning for him to go pro after this year and the same with Worthy.

That just sounds like wreckless speculation to assume he doesn't have any motivation. Kids have been getting paid under the table for as long as collegiate sports have been around. This isn't something new besides the fact it's legal now.

That just sounds like wreckless speculation to assume he doesn't have any motivation. Kids have been getting paid under the table for as long as collegiate sports have been around. This isn't something new besides the fact it's legal now.
Of course it's speculation, that's what we do here. The moose out front should have told you.

I love how everybody acts like Murphy doesn’t exist.
Most of the fan base was calling for Murphy later in the season when Quinn was struggling. He'll the number 2 next year and be 1 injury away from the seeing the field. I think it'll be good for the QB room to have a little competition this spring between Quinn, Malik, and Arch.

He’s an upgrade over Anthony Cook.

IF and that is a major IF, we can keep him on the field.

And he's now missed most of 2 seasons due to 2 different shoulder injuries on the same shoulder.

Glad we got him, will keep my fingers crossed but this is a major concern.

Glad the Raptor (Derek Williams) is inbound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT