ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2023 Thread

IF and that is a major IF, we can keep him on the field.

And he's now missed most of 2 seasons due to 2 different shoulder injuries on the same shoulder.

Glad we got him, will keep my fingers crossed but this is a major concern.

Glad the Raptor (Derek Williams) is inbound.
It will be a good bridge player for Derek Williams. He's good enough that it's worth taking the risk. I think Williams is good enough to play early but it will be nice to have an experienced guy back there so we can bring Williams along slowly.

I’m sure he’s talented but nobody has seen him play against college level competition. How do we know he’s going to be successful? The coaches evaluate him every day and probably have a much better idea of his development than we do.
The coaches said he works hard in practice but he's not physically healthy enough to play.

And working hard in practice means a lot to this coaching staff.

this team thats being put together..man. Ive been on the patient side with Sark, Ewers too. Trust the process...if we dont win the big 12 next year and either MAKE or ALMOST make the playoffs it will be a bust and sark will have lost my trust. No reason we cant win the big12 next year.

Reactions: oldhorn2

Ewers probably wants 4 or 5 plays back from this game...other than that, if he plays this way every game next year we will win the big 12

Very curious on what the schedule is going to look like, and how badly they are going to hose Horns and blowu.

Wasn't sure where to post this but it looks like we hired the Jaguars WR coach from this season Chris Jackson. Don't know a whole lot about the guy but do know the Jaguars WRs were drastically improved this season.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Wasn't sure where to post this but it looks like we hired the Jaguars WR coach from this season Chris Jackson. Don't know a whole lot about the guy but do know the Jaguars WRs were drastically improved this season.
It’s his first college job. But he appears to be a very good WR coach. Having a guy that has coached guys in the league should further attract WR’s to UT

It’s his first college job. But he appears to be a very good WR coach. Having a guy that has coached guys in the league should further attract WR’s to UT
I know Christian Kirk and Zay Jones had career best years this season. Not sure how much of that was him.

Ewers probably wants 4 or 5 plays back from this game...other than that, if he plays this way every game next year we will win the big 12
I'm convinced something happened to Quinn early in the year.
I know freshmen do freshman stuff- especially QBs- but I haven't seen the kid stand on it, torque, and send one since the Bama game. He threw a fvcking preternatural ball with a vapor trail in that game- 1st quarter, ball on the 30 near the far hash- Ewers throws from the far hash 25 yd line, WR catches it just past the 50 on the deep out and the DB had NO shot of defending. 27 yard throw- across the field, on a frozen rope.
Haven't seen that velocity since.

I think something is wrong with him.

I wondered if the chest injury was more of an issue than anyone wanted to let on. He never looked comfortable in the pocket after he came back. Even in the OU game where he had as clean a pocket as had all year, he never had the same velocity on his throws.
The 25 yard out to Worthy early in the Alabama game was a rocket and the pass to Worthy down to the 5 was thrown on rail. When he came back, almost all his deep balls were rainbows.

I know freshmen do freshman stuff- especially QBs- but I haven't seen the kid stand on it, torque, and send one since the Bama game. He threw a fvcking preternatural ball with a vapor trail in that game- 1st quarter, ball on the 30 near the far hash- Ewers throws from the far hash 25 yd line, WR catches it just past the 50 on the deep out and the DB had NO shot of defending. 27 yard throw- across the field, on a frozen rope.

There has to be something wrong physically. To go from that good to that bad pre and post injury would make sense. Will he ever be the same pre injury QB again?

I thought he looked fine in the bowl game. If Worthy catches those 2 deep passes he laid right on him he finishes with over 400 yards and 3 tds. He made some really good throws in that game. Receivers had 7 drops.

I thought he looked fine in the bowl game. If Worthy catches those 2 deep passes he laid right on him he finishes with over 400 yards and 3 tds. He made some really good throws in that game. Receivers had 7 drops.

I encourage you all to go to the 0:43 second mark of this video and watch this pass. If you can honestly tell me that you saw Ewers throw a ball after his injury with this accuracy, velocity and trajectory- coupled with the fact that you NEVER throw the deep out to wide side from the far hash (cardinal sin), then please, post that video here. This is a 30+ yard throw, across the field- on a friggin rope.

I saw this throw live and literally got a chub-- I've been waiting YEARS to see a kid wearing burnt orange be able to tomahawk that throw. I haven't seen him do it sense.

I encourage you all to go to the 0:43 second mark of this video and watch this pass. If you can honestly tell me that you saw Ewers throw a ball after his injury with this accuracy, velocity and trajectory- coupled with the fact that you NEVER throw the deep out to wide side from the far hash (cardinal sin), then please, post that video here. This is a 30+ yard throw, across the field- on a friggin rope.

I saw this throw live and literally got a chub-- I've been waiting YEARS to see a kid wearing burnt orange be able to tomahawk that throw. I haven't seen him do it sense.

22 yard out from middle left hash to far right sideline.

Damnit. And it was an easy release.

I’m with you. He didn’t recover. Bowl game looked better but not same zip. Hopefully rest will do the trick

Ya, that was non existent later in the season. They didn't release any info on if he was still injured. This is typical for guys who are projected 1st round talents.

Jalen Hurts is dealing with the same exact type of injury right now and you can see it in how he's throwing the ball. He was off yesterday. I would bet a lot of money he was never 100% after that injury. He also had that incident before the Oklahoma State game where he had his throwing hand slammed into the door of is truck.

I just thought what I saw in that bowl game was enough to encourage me that he's going to figure it out. He made some really good throws down the field to Worthy.

I've also always thought that missing his senior year of high school ball probably wasn't great for his development. I'm not ready to say he's not the guy yet though. I've seen enough good out of him to have some optimism.

Jalen Hurts is dealing with the same exact type of injury right now and you can see it in how he's throwing the ball. He was off yesterday. I would bet a lot of money he was never 100% after that injury. He also had that incident before the Oklahoma State game where he had his throwing hand slammed into the door of is truck.

I just thought what I saw in that bowl game was enough to encourage me that he's going to figure it out. He made some really good throws down the field to Worthy.

I've also always thought that missing his senior year of high school ball probably wasn't great for his development. I'm not ready to say he's not the guy yet though. I've seen enough good out of him to have some optimism.
We'd be crazy to give up on him now. We've invested a year into his development. He needs a haircut tho.

That was the throw I was talking about a few posts back. There aren’t many guys making that throw against average competition. Even fewer are going to get away with against Alabama’s secondary. Cornerback had NO chance. You can’t argue the arm talent that kid has when he’s right.

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT