ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2023 Thread

I think it was a little of all of it...Quinn didnt come back from injury great because of the following..

1. scared to get hit and hurt again
2. Speed of the game while dealing with point 1.
3. Not completely healed and rushed back because of his number 1, new golden diaper baby Jesus status.
4. Dealing with Worthy drama and having to force feed the guy every pass.
5. The benching of Casey Cain and the drop off in the passing game after he was benched.

I think it was a little of all of it...Quinn didnt come back from injury great because of the following..

1. scared to get hit and hurt again
2. Speed of the game while dealing with point 1.
3. Not completely healed and rushed back because of his number 1, new golden diaper baby Jesus status.
4. Dealing with Worthy drama and having to force feed the guy every pass.
5. The benching of Casey Cain and the drop off in the passing game after he was benched.
But do we really know what happened?

Injury?
Lack of rapport with receivers?
Was it the coaching. I'm wondering about Brennan Marion.
Attitude?
Or are the receivers responsible?

But none of us really know what's going on and we won't know till next season.

Tape.
Most power 5 schools have NFL type analytic operations. They find looks, coverages, blitz packages that give him trouble and try to replicate it. Add that to an injury, poor footwork and mechanics at times, and you end up with some really questionable throws. I also question if the football IQ is there yet. The good thing is there will be some major competition in the QB room this spring and summer so Ewers will ether grow and develop or end up in the portal.

Reactions: freeper

I encourage you all to go to the 0:43 second mark of this video and watch this pass. If you can honestly tell me that you saw Ewers throw a ball after his injury with this accuracy, velocity and trajectory- coupled with the fact that you NEVER throw the deep out to wide side from the far hash (cardinal sin), then please, post that video here. This is a 30+ yard throw, across the field- on a friggin rope.

I saw this throw live and literally got a chub-- I've been waiting YEARS to see a kid wearing burnt orange be able to tomahawk that throw. I haven't seen him do it sense.
Another big takeaway from this video is the perfectly thrown TD pass to Worthy which was dropped of course. I think Quinn’s development will take a major step forward next season if we make Whittington WR1 and Worthy WR2. Whitt is a much more reliable route runner and pass catcher.

Maybe I’m an old school military guy but a haircut and a shave would tell me he’s serious about the 23 season. A good haircut can have an immediate impact on outlook and attitude.
I had an old coach that used to tell me "look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp".

Reactions: JasperNewton7
There's a reason Malik isn't ready.

I thought he was pretty much healed and was doing very well running the scout team?

I've said it before, will say it again, anyone who thinks we have a "real" QB competition this spring needs to check out my ocean front Zona property. .. .below market.

BigXII title on the way out the door or bust.

Reactions: westx and hookem777
We'd be crazy to give up on him now. We've invested a year into his development. He needs a haircut tho.

I don't think he "needs" a haircut and a shave.

I think if he did so, it would be a message to the team and the fans he's serious.

He's QB1. . . . .

Let’s be honest if he had a better season no one would be talking about his hair or beard. Just stop. He may beed to work getting healthy and work on his skills but his hair or lack of will have no barring on the 2023 season.

Reactions: outhereincali
Sounds like they are moving Savion Red to RB. Could be a Roschon Johnson type of back and he has great hands. I think this is a good move.
Crowded receiving room, he wants to get on the field. Sadly it looks like he might be one of those guys who falls through the cracks. If the spring doesn't go well for him I bet he transfers.

Crowded receiving room, he wants to get on the field. Sadly it looks like he might be one of those guys who falls through the cracks. If the spring doesn't go well for him I bet he transfers.
i doubt he made this move alone. I think maybe Sark did this and its his way on giving up on K.Robinson? No way he goes to RB without some incentive? maybe im wrong idk.

Running back room isn't deep but it isn't healthy. 5 scholarship backs, Brooks and Blue are coming off injuries that could limit them this spring, and there are plenty of slot guys. Red is 5-10 210, runs good routes, blocks decently and has some good RB skills based on his HS film.

Running back room isn't deep but it isn't healthy. 5 scholarship backs, Brooks and Blue are coming off injuries that could limit them this spring, and there are plenty of slot guys. Red is 5-10 210, runs good routes, blocks decently and has some good RB skills based on his HS film.
ganna be a 49ers debo role

i doubt he made this move alone. I think maybe Sark did this and its his way on giving up on K.Robinson? No way he goes to RB without some incentive? maybe im wrong idk.
His incentive is to play. I agree that it would be a special package type guy who is neither a full time receiver or full time RB. He will move around. The issue is unless you are an elite athlete those guys usually don't have major roles. Will he be satisfied with that?

I honestly think he's more of a natural fit there at RB. And with the crowded WR room it makes the most sense for him to move there. Sark likes to run a lot of 2 back packages so there's plenty of opportunities to play multiple backs.

Reactions: hookem777
Well, a lot of you got your wish today. Quinn cut his mullet off and shaved. Let’s see if that’s the trick to taking the next step lol

Deal got made! Last run in the big 12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT