ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

So. Other teams in a similar spot lost key series as well, and they wouldn't be the regular season and tourney champ of the 2nd best conference in the nation.

Say what you will, the sec is generally regarded as, hands down, the best baseball conference. After that the ACC and the PAC also get more love than the Big XII. Hard to make the argument the Big XII is the 2nd best conference when you have the same number of teams in the Top 25 as the AAC...

Teams in Top 25 by conference
ACC- 5 teams
AAC- 2
BIG- 1
Big XII- 2
Pac- 3
sec- 7
other- 5

Down 3-1 in the 9th. Time for rally hats, gentlemen.
r960-ece79a6cddd8f456ef0b7222dc68b3ba.jpg

That was a very poor showing.

Unfortunately, I've seen this trend often in Texas sports the last few years. We rally for a big win, and then ride the hype into the next game for a disappointing loss to a lesser opponent. I was hoping this Pierce team had bucked that trend.

Very sad performance today indeed, and a potentially serious blow to our ambitions to host. Here’s hoping they can get themselves straightened out and win at least a game or two.

You're absolutely correct. Top 8 right now are (my order):
UF
Stanford
Ole Miss
OSU
UNC
Arky
Clemson
Georgia

After sweeping OSU, Tech is still likely ahead of us for a super. So is FSU. My point was that we are essentially a shoe in to host a regional. Not likely going to be a Top 8.

Georgia has virtually the same record as Texa
Say what you will, the sec is generally regarded as, hands down, the best baseball conference. After that the ACC and the PAC also get more love than the Big XII. Hard to make the argument the Big XII is the 2nd best conference when you have the same number of teams in the Top 25 as the AAC...

Teams in Top 25 by conference
ACC- 5 teams
AAC- 2
BIG- 1
Big XII- 2
Pac- 3
sec- 7
other- 5

RPI index has Big 12 as #2.

Coach tossed from this game in the 5th inning for arguing balls/strikes. This showing at the tournament is ugly and sad.

Last edited:
Oh well. We will still host a regional. Save our arms for when it matters.

It's exactly like what happened repeatedly to the basketball team, and what happened to the football team right after rallying to beat ranked WVU.

Texas got a regional host bid. After the tournament proformance they ar3 probably luck to still be hosting.

Wow, we get TSU in first game Friday, aggies in region as 3 seed! Includes Indiana as 2 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT