ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

Sorry MM, but they are definitely not the same poster. Their writing styles -- and thinking capacities -- are completely different.

swVAHorn writes in coherent, grammatical sentences. EyesonTexas writes (wrote) mostly run-on sentences with other idiosyncratic syntactical features and bizarre punctuation. swVAHorn's posts showed much more critical thought, even when he wrote from anger (when Charlie was coaching); EOT's posts are short, superficial, and impulsive.

Beyond that, they've disagreed on several things. EOT apparently went back and deleted a number of his posts (he's listed as having 188 on this site, but only 156 appear in the search history), but he showed up here as something of an Art Briles apologist (all deleted now), which is about the least accurate description you could give swVAHorn. The differences between them go beyond what someone could plausibly fake.

If their IPs are in some way similar or the same, there are ways that can happen these days (built-in browser VPNs) without two people have anything to do with each other.

BBR, you're right. I got EyesOnTexas crossed with swVAHorn. EyesOnTexas and OrangeDKR are on in the same. My mistake.

Didn't even need the tiebreaker! Outright champions! Way to go 'Horns!

That baseball team fought with grit. Shark, blood-in-the-water mentality. I haven't seen that in the big three sports at UT in a long time. Very exciting to see.

Sorry MM, but they are definitely not the same poster. Their writing styles -- and thinking capacities -- are completely different.

swVAHorn writes in coherent, grammatical sentences. EyesonTexas writes (wrote) mostly run-on sentences with other idiosyncratic syntactical features and bizarre punctuation. swVAHorn's posts showed much more critical thought, even when he wrote from anger (when Charlie was coaching); EOT's posts are short, superficial, and impulsive.

Beyond that, they've disagreed on several things. EOT apparently went back and deleted a number of his posts (he's listed as having 188 on this site, but only 156 appear in the search history), but he showed up here as something of an Art Briles apologist (all deleted now), which is about the least accurate description you could give swVAHorn. The differences between them go beyond what someone could plausibly fake.

If their IPs are in some way similar or the same, there are ways that can happen these days (built-in browser VPNs) without two people have anything to do with each other.
swVA was a cool cat, IMO.

BBR, you're right. I got EyesOnTexas crossed with swVAHorn. EyesOnTexas and OrangeDKR are on in the same. My mistake.

No worries! Didn’t mean to overreact there. I just wanted to make sure that swVA hadn’t mistakenly fallen to the banhammer. :D

It’s insane how consistently strong Texas baseball has been. These last few years are really the exception to the norm.
Having arguably the two best coaches ever in the sport back to back will do that. I’ll tell ya to David Pierce is putting together that sort of resume early in the early stages of his coaching career.

Replacing Gustafson with Augie would of been like Bobby Bowden replacing DKR or something similar.

Having arguably the two best coaches ever in the sport back to back will do that. I’ll tell ya to David Pierce is putting together that sort of resume early in the early stages of his coaching career.

Replacing Gustafson with Augie would of been like Bobby Bowden replacing DKR or something similar.

Yep. And Bibb Falk — with his 20 SWC championships, 10 CWS appearances, and two national championships — was no slouch either.

This program has been led by college baseball royalty for most of its existence.

Reactions: Cotton #12

Do you work for Robert Mueller?

Saw a stat yesterday about David Pierce. In his time as a head coach (I think 7 years) he has won a conference championship in more years that he hasn't. That is pretty incredible.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Anybody think hosting a regional is going to hang on how our conference tourney turns out?

Anybody think hosting a regional is going to hang on how our conference tourney turns out?

Big 12 is a top 5 baseball conference. Texas won the regular season title. I think it would be insane if they didn't.

If Texas wins the tourney too, they might be a national seed.

14 RPI. SOS 20. Virtually same record vs. top 50 as most other teams in their spot.

Then add Regular season and tourney crown.

Big 12 is a top 5 baseball conference. Texas won the regular season title. I think it would be insane if they didn't.

If Texas wins the tourney too, they might be a national seed.

14 RPI. SOS 20. Virtually same record vs. top 50 as most other teams in their spot.

Then add Regular season and tourney crown.

This. Stole the words out of my mouth. The only thing working against us for a Top 8 is our record against the top 25 (7-10), which would likely improve if we did win the Big XII tourney. Our weekend series record (9-4) also leaves a bit to be desired. Although, UNC (6-9 vs top 25, 9-4 in series) is essentially a lock for a top 8, barring they fall on their face in the ACC tourney....

This. Stole the words out of my mouth. The only thing working against us for a Top 8 is our record against the top 25 (7-10), which would likely improve if we did win the Big XII tourney. Our weekend series record (9-4) also leaves a bit to be desired. Although, UNC (6-9 vs top 25, 9-4 in series) is essentially a lock for a top 8, barring they fall on their face in the ACC tourney....
But play it out-- Stanford and Oregon st will both host regionals and if they win-- supers. From the sec you've got Florida, ole miss, Georgia and arky all likely to host. You've got Clemson, UNC, fl st, and nc st all hosting. You add us and you've got 11 regional hosts. If all them dudes make it out of their regional, you really think we get to host a super? I don't.
I bet they make us go play arky.

I think if Texas wins the tournament they are in contention to host a super...if a top 8 gets knocked off.

But play it out-- Stanford and Oregon st will both host regionals and if they win-- supers. From the sec you've got Florida, ole miss, Georgia and arky all likely to host. You've got Clemson, UNC, fl st, and nc st all hosting. You add us and you've got 11 regional hosts. If all them dudes make it out of their regional, you really think we get to host a super? I don't.
Would love to see a rematch with the swine...

I think if Texas wins the tournament they are in contention to host a super...if a top 8 gets knocked off.

With Texas' and the Big 12 RPI it would be crazy if Texas doesn't get the 8 seed with a tourney title as well as the regular season.

How would you explain the 2nd best conferences' regular season and tournament champ not get a top 8 seed with a 40 win season? That'd be absurd

With Texas' and the Big 12 RPI it would be crazy if Texas doesn't get the 8 seed with a tourney title as well as the regular season.

How would you explain the 2nd best conferences' regular season and tournament champ not get a top 8 seed with a 40 win season? That'd be absurd
How could I explain it?

Lost series to Stanfard,lost series to LSU, lost series to Ark. Basically every key non conference series we lost. That is what is going to keep us from being a top 8

You're absolutely correct. Top 8 right now are (my order):
UF
Stanford
Ole Miss
OSU
UNC
Arky
Clemson
Georgia

After sweeping OSU, Tech is still likely ahead of us for a super. So is FSU. My point was that we are essentially a shoe in to host a regional. Not likely going to be a Top 8.

Reactions: LonghornMM
How could I explain it?

Lost series to Stanfard,lost series to LSU, lost series to Ark. Basically every key non conference series we lost. That is what is going to keep us from being a top 8

So. Other teams in a similar spot lost key series as well, and they wouldn't be the regular season and tourney champ of the 2nd best conference in the nation.

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT