ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

These commentators want to suck kylers yeng yang. Shut up already!

They’re just always searching for a story line. It’s just soooooo interesting that a member of the football team is also a member of the baseball team.

Btw Texas needs to pound that ass into submission today.

Lost game 3 won the series though. But weird we go from 1st to 3rd now in conference
Just shows you that conference play is still early.

I'll take the series win over the dirt merchants though.

We looked like poop today, and these kids need to figure out how to step on a teams neck when you have them down. If they can do that-- we've got a chance to be a good team.

Just shows you that conference play is still early.

I'll take the series win over the dirt merchants though.

We looked like poop today, and these kids need to figure out how to step on a teams neck when you have them down. If they can do that-- we've got a chance to be a good team.
Yeah, well...we won the last one. So, Scoreboard! :)

Seriously, I'm just glad to see OU Baseball start to turn itself around. We were horrible under Hughes. Would love to see us back to the type of teams we had under Golloway.

So far Pierce, the coach that was not all that wanted, has been a greater find than Herman and certainly Shaka. I think Herman will get it rolling this year, not so sure on Shaka.

Yeah, well...we won the last one. So, Scoreboard! :)

Seriously, I'm just glad to see OU Baseball start to turn itself around. We were horrible under Hughes. Would love to see us back to the type of teams we had under Golloway.

Yeah cause you got our old pitching coach that learned from a LEGEND the G.O.A.T.

RIP16

Reactions: MiccoMacey
Texas took game 1 agsinst WVU 11-6

Winning this conference and hosting a regional is a real possibility.

30-15 overall 12-4 in conference

Frustrating that we can win series against the likes of OU and OSU, but can’t beat KSU or WV. Just too inconsistent. Pitching doesn’t seem strong enough to really do anything special this year. Opposing hitters don’t have a lot of trouble squaring up the bat on what we are throwing.

Really disappointed losing this series to a 5 and 9 team in conference. Okie lite sits above us and we won that series, baseball is a funny game....

Man I dont understand the guys on the TV were like tech and someone else was guaranteed to host a regional I was like what the heck we are number 2 in the conference why wouldn't we host.

Man I dont understand the guys on the TV were like tech and someone else was guaranteed to host a regional I was like what the heck we are number 2 in the conference why wouldn't we host.

I think it will come down to either us or aggy. They need another host for this part of the region. I think whichever doesn’t host will be the 2 seed in that regional. Either way I think Texas and aggy will be in the same regional, I’d much rather play them at home this time.

We really shot ourselves in the foot with WVU

It did hurt losing that series, but it also really helped winning the Tech series. I think Texas is in good position to host a regional. A Sweep of TCU would be nice though.

Don’t shit the bed against TCU(win at least one) and make a decent run in the conference tournament and I’m betting we host

Reactions: LonghornMM
It did hurt losing that series, but it also really helped winning the Tech series. I think Texas is in good position to host a regional. A Sweep of TCU would be nice though.
Agree. But had we swept WVU, we could be in position to win the conference.

I agree that series doesn't look good. However, series wins over OSU, OU and Tech are impressive.
Very true. But greatness stems from taking some you aren't expected while ALSO taking care of the ones you're supposed to. We did excel at some games we weren't expected to, which is awesome. But then we shot ourselves in the foot with losing to WVU and KSt. Had we simply won just one more of each of those, we'd be sitting way closer to the Big XII title. Now, we need OkSt to lose most of their remaining games.

Unfortunately, this is a trend I see across-the-board in our men's sports. Basketball pulls off impressive wins against top teams in the league, but then lose bunny shots against the bottom feeders. Football plays OU and OkSt as close as can be, almost pulls off the upset at USC, *does* pull off the upset against WVU, and then drops an egg at home in the season finale against subpar Tech.

Unfortunately, this is a trend I see across-the-board in our men's sports. Basketball pulls off impressive wins against top teams in the league, but then lose bunny shots against the bottom feeders. Football plays OU and OkSt as close as can be, almost pulls off the upset at USC, *does* pull off the upset against WVU, and then drops an egg at home in the season finale against subpar Tech.

It has indeed been an unbelievably sh*tty decade in the big three sports at Texas. I'm completely done with hype for any of these teams before they actually accomplish something significant, but I'm hopeful that Del Conte will take us in the right direction over the next few years -- with or without our current coaches.

Baseball has at least performed better than I anticipated this year, though not really in the way I would have expected (surprisingly strong offense). If only our pitching were even close to meeting preseason expectations.

In case anybody is interested, two teams likely to be in Omaha will be playing tonight.....

#2 stanford and #3 Oregon state

ADVERTISEMENT