ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

Completely ridiculous. KU got blown out at home last year by TCU. Probably should have lost to tcu again this year.

Some of you try to equate football standards to basketball where you should never lose, always Brady lesser teams etc. basketball doesn’t that way. 4 of the top 5 in the ap poll lost this week, and they weren’t playing highly rated teams.

Btw KU lost to UCF last night who I promise you isn’t near as good as tech
UConn and Marquette are the 2 best teams we have played all year and both of those teams beat us pretty handily. 4 of the next 6 games are against top 25 teams. We are going to find out exactly what this team is in that stretch. But from what i've seen, I don't have any faith this team can make it out of the first round of the tournament. That is if they don't just completely fall apart and actually make it.

And on the note of Kansas, while they lost to UCF, they have also beaten 3 top 10 teams this year (Kentucky, Tennessee, UConn). And 2 of those teams are in the top 5 right now.

Again, a good team can have a bad night. A bad team can catch fire one night. But I haven't watched us play just once; I know what we are.

But 722 is right-- we'll all know for sure in a few weeks. And disu could still put on a cape and do some great things. And with mitchell flanking him for defense and rebounding, and abmas starts hitting more consistently outside, and... well, that's about all I got. And 2 of those were beard guys, but I digress.

One thing I disagree with 722 on is, once you're in the tournament anything can happen. So people saying this team is a final four team and this team is a first weekend team,... no. Weird stuff happens in the tournament-- San Diego state and Florida Atlantic were better than us last year??? No, but they won the right games.

I just think from what I've seen so far, we're not a tournament team, period.

UConn and Marquette are the 2 best teams we have played all year and both of those teams beat us pretty handily. 4 of the next 6 games are against top 25 teams. We are going to find out exactly what this team is in that stretch. But from what i've seen, I don't have any faith this team can make it out of the first round of the tournament. That is if they don't just completely fall apart and actually make it.

And on the note of Kansas, while they lost to UCF, they have also beaten 3 top 10 teams this year (Kentucky, Tennessee, UConn). And 2 of those teams are in the top 5 right now.
We played both Marquette and UConn without Disu(our best player) and we played UConn without Shedrick who if we had Disu and Shedrick for that game we probably win honestly.

You guys have absolutely no clue what you are talking about

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
We played both Marquette and UConn without Disu(our best player) and we played UConn without Shedrick who if we had Disu and Shedrick for that game we probably win honestly.

Condescension is a great way to convince people.

Condescension is a great way to convince people.
Well it’s not condescension, and I’m not trying to convince anyone. Just stating facts. The idea “we shouldn’t lose games we’re Texas” that kind of stuff works in football because upsets don’t happen as often. Doesn’t really work that way in basketball. The winner of the big 12 will have as many as 3-5 conference losses.

And yeah it’s been an uneven start for Texas but again Disu didn’t play any in the non con minus the last couple games, Hunter has missed a game, Shedrick has missed a couple the core of the team really hasn’t played together, and to act like that doesn’t matter and say “we’re bad because I say we are” it’s just silly talk

Well it’s not condescension, and I’m not trying to convince anyone. Just stating facts. The idea “we shouldn’t lose games we’re Texas” that kind of stuff works in football because upsets don’t happen as often. Doesn’t really work that way in basketball. The winner of the big 12 will have as many as 3-5 conference losses.

And yeah it’s been an uneven start for Texas but again Disu didn’t play any in the non con minus the last couple games, Hunter has missed a game, Shedrick has missed a couple the core of the team really hasn’t played together, and to act like that doesn’t matter and say “we’re bad because I say we are” it’s just silly talk
I agree with all of that. What caught my eye was:

I assure you, I know what I'm talking about. And at no point did I say we should never lose games. In fact, I said very much the opposite-- stuff happens in basketball. But you CAN, over the course of several games, make an assessment of a team. I had an opinion early in the year; it was CRYSTAL CLEAR when we played tamu-cc. Unless disu is superman, we are middling. And middling doesn't come close to cutting it in this conference.

Again, I do hope I'm wrong

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Again, a good team can have a bad night. A bad team can catch fire one night. But I haven't watched us play just once; I know what we are.

But 722 is right-- we'll all know for sure in a few weeks. And disu could still put on a cape and do some great things. And with mitchell flanking him for defense and rebounding, and abmas starts hitting more consistently outside, and... well, that's about all I got. And 2 of those were beard guys, but I digress.

One thing I disagree with 722 on is, once you're in the tournament anything can happen. So people saying this team is a final four team and this team is a first weekend team,... no. Weird stuff happens in the tournament-- San Diego state and Florida Atlantic were better than us last year??? No, but they won the right games.

I just think from what I've seen so far, we're not a tournament team, period.
San Diego State and Florida Atlantic were both very good defensive teams. I don't think we are a very good defensive team this year and to me that's the difference. I'm not saying we are a bad team by any means. I just don't have a lot of faith in this team to get in the tournament and make a deep run. If i'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano

Man i've seen you be wrong so many times on here and every time you are, you run and hide...

And UConn was playing with Stephon Castle so they weren't 100% either.

In my limited knowledge of basketball, I saw Terry throw in the towel on running any kind of offense other than run everything through Disu. No motion, get it to Disu or kick out for a 3. Did Shedrick play?

our boy kchorn must be wrapping his pipes. so let's guess what he'll have to say

west virginia is a good team... no, they're not

they're going to win a lot of games... they're currently 5-10; they'll finish with about 9

it's hard to win on the road... not when the other team is about kenpom 160

we had fouls... we also have 21 turnovers... TWENTY-EFFING-ONE against the team that turns the opposition over less than any other team in the league

please have the gall to come here and say that if we traded rosters, we'd win

This team lacks desire, dedication and discipline. Mitchell and Shedrick have a combined 3 rebounds and 0 blocks 0 steals. Basketball is a game of effort and consistency. If you’re not bringing the juice every game and every practice you are going to struggle against any halfway decent team. The only players that I see leaving it all out there are Brock, Disu and Abmas. That’s not enough.

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT