ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

I wouldn't be surprised if Terry doesn't make it the whole season. Going into a new conference and all..why not get a new coach.

This team lacks desire, dedication and discipline. Mitchell and Shedrick have a combined 3 rebounds and 0 blocks 0 steals. Basketball is a game of effort and consistency. If you’re not bringing the juice every game and every practice you are going to struggle against any halfway decent team. The only players that I see leaving it all out there are Brock, Disu and Abmas. That’s not enough.
A Chris Beard team would never lack any of that. It really does suck that this is going to set us back 3-4 years

with NIL and transfer portal the way it is, Texas can microwave it. if we get the right guy in there, it can be flipped in 2 offseasons, just like beard did. outside shot of 1 offseason, but you'd need to make clear your intentions pretty quickly. remember, basketball needs 3-4 dudes then you can find your cunninghams. the problem with brock right now, and it's not his fault but he's an easy target, is that we have 1-2 dudes. he can't be a legitimate part of your game plan. i have a kid a lot like him. when he gets out of his lane, bad things happen; when he stays in his lane, good things happen. but like my kid, brock feels the need to get out of his lane because-- by golly-- nobody else seems to be stepping up. but that only makes the problems worse

you don't need a 2 deep at every spot in basketball. you need 3 that can score-- 1-2 of those which can create-- and a bunch of timmy allens and brock cunninghams. plus you need a sirjabbari rice to have the onions to take all the hard free throws.

with NIL and transfer portal the way it is, Texas can microwave it. if we get the right guy in there, it can be flipped in 2 offseasons, just like beard did. outside shot of 1 offseason, but you'd need to make clear your intentions pretty quickly. remember, basketball needs 3-4 dudes then you can find your cunninghams. the problem with brock right now, and it's not his fault but he's an easy target, is that we have 1-2 dudes. he can't be a legitimate part of your game plan. i have a kid a lot like him. when he gets out of his lane, bad things happen; when he stays in his lane, good things happen. but like my kid, brock feels the need to get out of his lane because-- by golly-- nobody else seems to be stepping up. but that only makes the problems worse

you don't need a 2 deep at every spot in basketball. you need 3 that can score-- 1-2 of those which can create-- and a bunch of timmy allens and brock cunninghams. plus you need a sirjabbari rice to have the onions to take all the hard free throws.
and if we can limit ourselves to ..idk..10 turnovers instead of 20 FVKCING 1 ..that would be nice

Reactions: freeper
and if we can limit ourselves to ..idk..10 turnovers instead of 20 FVKCING 1 ..that would be nice
Hell anybody can win with only 10 turnovers. It takes something special to overcome 21.
And don’t forget what a Mensa member told us….
Winning is hard!

Reactions: hookem777
I wouldn't be surprised if Terry doesn't make it the whole season. Going into a new conference and all..why not get a new coach.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet..... they can't do that. The DEI people at Texas would scream "racism" and demand the Eyes of Texas be changed to the Wakanda National Anthem.
They let Terry have the job simply because he was able to manage a talent loaded roster (that Beard built) to an elite 8 appearance. He didn't earn the job. They gave it to him.
But that's the wprld we live in now. The workers say "oh we want this dude for our boss" and so upper management caves-- for "reasons". And we find out the guy the workers wanted--- well-- he's just not very good.
The job here at Texas ain't for everyone. It's a hard fvcking job. Ask Shaka. Rick Barnes struggled and was fired. Then he went back to winning at Tennessee. Shaka is winning again. But Terry ain't the guy. He never was the guy. He never will be the guy.

Time to start looking for "THE guy".

Last edited:
Reactions: Drtxhorn
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet..... they can't do that. The DEI people at Texas would scream "racism" and demand the Eyes of Texas be changed to the Wakanda National Anthem.
They let Terry have the job simply because he was able to manage a talent loaded roster (that Beard built) to an elite 8 appearance. He didn't earn the job. They gave it to him.
But that's the wprld we live in now. The workers say "oh we want this dude for our boss" and so upper management caves-- for "reasons". And we find out the guy the workers wanted--- well-- he's just not very good.
The job here at Texas ain't for everyone. It's a hard fvcking job. Ask Shaka. Rick Barnes struggled and was fired. Then he went back to winning at Tennessee. Shaka is winning again. But Terry ain't the guy. He never was the guy. He never will be the guy.

Time to start looking for "THE guy".
We had THE guy. Texas bball is never going to be worth Sh!t.

I was in disgust knowing we were going to lose to the sorry a$$ couch burners.....Terry sucks and we all know it we should of never lost that game last night, if we make the tourney we not going far.

We had THE guy. Texas bball is never going to be worth Sh!t.
Beard isn’t the only good coach in America. Look at Tech, went out and got McCasland and he has them turned around in year 1. CDC got pressured by the media to hire RT. It was a massive mistake.

I’m 100% convinced that we’d be a top 10 team right now if Beard was still coaching and recruiting. That guy has consistently demonstrated that his teams are well prepared each game and physically tough everywhere he’s coached.

This season is a lost cause. RT will be on the hot seat as the season progresses which will have a major impact on recruiting. CDC hasn’t made many mistakes with his coaching hires but he blew this one because he fell for the sentimental choice instead of the right choice.

I’m 100% convinced that we’d be a top 10 team right now if Beard was still coaching and recruiting. That guy has consistently demonstrated that his teams are well prepared each game and physically tough everywhere he’s coached.

This season is a lost cause. RT will be on the hot seat as the season progresses which will have a major impact on recruiting. CDC hasn’t made many mistakes with his coaching hires but he blew this one because he fell for the sentimental choice instead of the right choice.
I don’t blame CDC. The momentum was too high for Terry in how the season transpired with the success of the elite 8 that arose from the chaos I honestly knew that I was trading some short term pleasure for long term failure. It is hard to root against a team you love, but I would bet most of yall saw it coming last fall as he oversaw a 22-8 record and knew the job was going to be given to Terry. I imagine we’ll have suffer through two more seasons. I want to give Terry an honest shot but, he has never done well and I witnesses it personally while he was here at UTEP.

• Sad
Reactions: freeper
I don’t blame CDC. The momentum was too high for Terry in how the season transpired with the success of the elite 8 that arose from the chaos I honestly knew that I was trading some short term pleasure for long term failure. It is hard to root against a team you love, but I would bet most of yall saw it coming last fall as he oversaw a 22-8 record and knew the job was going to be given to Terry. I imagine we’ll have suffer through two more seasons. I want to give Terry an honest shot but, he has never done well and I witnesses it personally while he was here at UTEP.
I don’t blame him either….damn you Beard!

I don’t blame him either….damn you Beard!
Yep. Beard never learned lesson 1 in Crazy Chick Class.
A crazy bitch is fun for about 2 weeks. After that, they’re too unpredictable. Got to walk after a couple of weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT