ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Fall Camp Part Deux

Losing Angilau will suck for the offense. He was the only consistently decent performer on our weak ass line last year. He was moved to center where he was looking pretty good according to reports. This is a real setback if he's out for an extended time period.

Can’t believe Alfred Collins is out for 4-6 weeks. That hurts

Burton and Wells updates from 247 but before confirmation of the news on Neyor and Angilau.

• RoJo is awaiting MRI results, and Neyor leaving scrimmage was more precautionary than anything. It seems like there’s a good chance Neyor is good/missed minimal time. Angilau is on a boot and crutches, and was rolled up on from behind. Collins is likely to be out 4-6 weeks.
  • Ewers had some really nice throws, but Card had the better day. However, both players were not where Sark wanted them to be.
  • Bijan’s one carry of the day was a 40 yard TD. (I assume Worthy also had a light day, and when you remove the 2 biggest weapons on offense, it makes a little more sense why the QBs struggled. Again, just my personal anecdote here.)
  • OL to start the scrimmage was Karic-Connor-Angilau-Hutson-Jones, with Banks playing LT the second half. (My best guess now with Angilau out is that we see Banks-Connor-Majors-Hutson-Jones/Karic as the starting OL.)
  • Savion Red was the primary punt returner during the scrimmage, and had a pretty good day at slot and kick returner as well.
  • Sanders is starting to separate himself from the rest of the TE room (in a good way).
  • DTD stood out on defense. Seems like he’ll be a reliable tackler and some sources say that DTD reminds them of Gary Johnson.
  • Jamison and Je. Thompson both had picks. Guilbeau saw a good amount of time at the STAR when Barron went out as precaution after stepping on a ref’s foot.
  • Tapp is making a good amount of flashes in practice.

Reactions: westx
Get rid of the turf. I know the libs go to bed feeling better that we save on water but our team sucks.

<----- Sprinting to get that under at 8.5 - 9 before it crashes.

I agree. Go back to natural grass. Last year CDC made the comment that this decision will be Sark's to make. What is he waiting for? They should have already had grass down for this season!

Sucks about Neyor and Angilau being lost for the season. Next man up!

What a bummer to lose Neyor! I was expecting big things from him. Omeire has a chance to step up now though.
With the loss of Angilau that almost assures one of the freshman and possibly 2 starting inside at guard.

I'm sorry to hear about Junior Angilau. Personal story about him. He's from Salt Lake City and his mother wanted him to on an LDS mission first but he opted to enroll at TX. He's a good student not one of those physical leisure majors that Herman liked to recruit. He's in his 5th year so although he can come back for a 6th year he's probably going to retire.

And hey who said our passing game is done for because the WY kid Isaiah Neyor is out for the season. If the qb plays well we have an abundant of riches there.

Jordan Whittington he said he's not coming back for a 5th year so this is his make or brake for an NFL career. And it hurt when we lost him against OK

Troy Omeire he's been injured a lot if he's healthy who knows

Jaden Alexis they start he's got legitimate 4.4 speed. He also got offers from every Ivy League school.

But most of all JT Sanders. Now if this guy can take his skill set to the college level watch out Big XII.

And personally I'd like to go back to natural grass. I loved it when we went back to it for a few seasons. And I don't want hear how expensive the upkeep is our school has plenty of money to handle it.

Reactions: DrHorn98
Teams aren't going to be scared of us running the ball. We have a very talented RB. However last year they were trying to make the first guy miss behind the LOS instead of the second level. The only two things that could really hurt another team is Worthy on the outside and Robinson coming out of the backfield. The O-line couldn't block well enough to let the other guys get open. Naylor was a big body who didn't need a lot of separation to get open. He is the guy that could have made it difficult on defenses especially on 3rd and medium and in the Red Zone. It really hurts to lose him.

We are going to have issues sustaining drives unless we have a breakthrough at O-line or a TE that other teams have to cover with a DB. You are looking at a 7-8 win ceiling with this team.

Teams aren't going to be scared of us running the ball. We have a very talented RB. However last year they were trying to make the first guy miss behind the LOS instead of the second level. The only two things that could really hurt another team is Worthy on the outside and Robinson coming out of the backfield. The O-line couldn't block well enough to let the other guys get open. Naylor was a big body who didn't need a lot of separation to get open. He is the guy that could have made it difficult on defenses especially on 3rd and medium and in the Red Zone. It really hurts to lose him.

We are going to have issues sustaining drives unless we have a breakthrough at O-line or a TE that other teams have to cover with a DB. You are looking at a 7-8 win ceiling with this team.
We have that TE in Jatavion Sanders. Also Troy Omeire is another big bodied receiver that I bet replaces Neyor. I’m sure Hall will be back as well. I still think the ceiling of this team is 10 wins only because OU, Baylor, Iowa State, and OK. St. all lost a lot of production from last years teams. The Big 12 is wide open this year.

Grab the under while you can. The O/U is 9. We aren't winning 10 games or 9. If we get a lot of breaks 8, but that is optimistic at this point. I really like Sark but if the defense is a siv, it's the beginning of the end.

We have that TE in Jatavion Sanders. Also Troy Omeire is another big bodied receiver that I bet replaces Neyor. I’m sure Hall will be back as well. I still think the ceiling of this team is 10 wins only because OU, Baylor, Iowa State, and OK. St. all lost a lot of production from last years teams. The Big 12 is wide open this year.
Baylor is going to be good

Didn't need this.

Orangebloods reports Neyor and Angilau will miss the 2022 season due to knee injuries.

Both QBs sucked, the Oline sucked, lost three key players to injury. Talk about a disaster of a scrimmage.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
fan-sleeping.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Metcalf #2
So moving on. With Neyor out that leaves us with Worthy, Whittington, Omeir, Red, Thompson, Alexis, Hall ?, Milton, Cain.

With Sanders, Billingsly, and Bijan as receiving threats we still have some weapons to keep defenses guessing.

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT