ADVERTISEMENT

Texas football record will be…..

I will say while on paper it looks like we have no shot against OU and Iowa State it is worth pointing out that we took Ou to overtime last year, and a 5-7 Charlie Strong team beat OU. Texas probably beats Iowa state last year too with a better HC. So you never know.

to me the season comes down to 3 games the opener, ark, and and TCU. If they win those games probably looking at 9-10 win year

If were wrong about Sarkisian and he can develop the players from last season there is a chance we can be better than 9/3.

Development?

Blake Gideon has come home to be the safeties coach. Terry Joseph will coach the cb's. Joseph seems to have a fancy title. Look if they can teach our db's to run downhill and turn their heads around at the same time the possibilities are endless there's no telling what we can do. They didn't do that the last 4 years. There were lousy secondaries with athletes not as good as ours that were able to do that.

Last edited:
9-3. No chance at OU. I think you drop games at Arkansas and at Iowa State. TCU & Okie lite will be tough as well.

I don't get the ULA-LA love. They are well coached, have a little speed, and are tiny. If the OL is average or better, run it 60 times.
They have 20 starters back. They lost 1 game last year and they also butt raped Iowa State by 17.

If we don't show up, they will punch our teeth in.

I'll just keep eating my popcorn and watch this thread I can never predict the season.....I am confused on how this season can go. I believe in Sark to an extent if this was basketball I would be like watch out world and final 4 here we come. BUT let's be real its football and whatever curse we have on us needs to be broken.

I don't want to be 9/3 anymore and I don't want Sarkisian to start that way. So many times in the last ten years have most of us thought we've turned the corner especially during the '18 season? I want to win the Big XII this year I don't want to rebuild anymore.
Hate to tell you Herman’s preferred big bodied possession WRs aren’t a good fit for Sark’s offense.

Really hard to predict without seeing a single game under the new regime.

Reactions: DHHorn
They have 20 starters back. They lost 1 game last year and they also butt raped Iowa State by 17.

If you give it to them, they'll take it. But I don't see how they stand up on the lines of scrimmage. Napier is very good and will be HC in the SEC pretty soon. They are a real good Sunbelt team.

I'm not a believer in Iowa State to tell the truth. All those guys came back for another season for a reason. If they were special, they'd be playing preseason NFL games right now. But again Campbell is very good. At least Iowa State has some size. Texas should have beat Iowa State last year. If you guys were playing in Austin this year, I think you would beat them. Sark is a better game day coach that Herman. His early recruiting has been underwhelming so far. But he is a good offensive play caller.

Hate to tell you Herman’s preferred big bodied possession WRs aren’t a good fit for Sark’s offense.

Really hard to predict without seeing a single game under the new regime.
What big bodied possession receivers are left? I don’t think we have a problem there.

I’m going with 10-2. Starts off slow with loss to UL and then loss to ISU. We win Big 12 and defeat OU twice. Once in the regular season and again for the Big 12 title.

Our D will be better than expected. Our biggest question mark is with our OL.

Hook em!!!
Wow that’s a bold prediction Cotton. I’m with you on 10-2 but wasn’t projecting this level of initial breakdown. Hmmm, reminds me of OU 2020.

New coaches and new QB says it all. Better wait to make predictions after the first couple of games.

JDWA.gif

I have no idea. We have talent all over the field. Interior D-line seems pretty good, not sure about outside pass rushers. We got a ton of new LBs in the transfer portal because the staff didn't like what was on campus, Dbs seem pretty good. Not sure what the depth is like on defense. Offensive line may be better than last year, and we have some all conference level skill guys but throw that in with a new QB and again there are questions about depth on that side of the ball.

The other part of it is coaching. Herman ran some brutal practices and guys were beat up and hurt. We made mistakes all over the field. I mean Caden Sterns had Earl Thomas type talent but they could never get him in the right position to make plays. There were a lot of times it was really hard to watch. If the new crew can just clean up the mistakes we have the talent to be a 9-10 win team. I just don't know what to expect. I guess I should have watched some old Washington and SC games to see if they lost games because of Xs and Os or Jimmys and Joes.

I haven’t heard anyone mention the renovations that’s taken place. At least we’ll know how the new stadium will perform week in and week out. I’m loving the direction CDC is taking the program at least. I’m hoping the new staff is heading in the same direction.

They beat Iowa State early in the year. Have you looked at the rest of their schedule from last year? It's not impressive at all. If we don't win this one by double digits then we are in for 5-6 losses this year. This roster has a lot of talent on it.

2018 and 2019 were both top 3 recruiting classes. 2020 was a top 8 class. Anything below 9 wins is a complete failure with the talent that is available on this roster right now.

I haven’t heard anyone mention the renovations that’s taken place. At least we’ll know how the new stadium will perform week in and week out. I’m loving the direction CDC is taking the program at least. I’m hoping the new staff is heading in the same direction.
Oh we about to Hollywood/Vegas the sh!t out of this program. There's gonna be more lights than a smokers convention. Think if Disneyland at midnight fireworks had a baby with the Mandalay Bay hotel and they gave birth on Rodeo Drive during a diamond broker convention.

I'm going to go with a 9 win season and then add the bowl game win to bump it up to 10. I'm usually overly optimistic about Longhorn teams. I just "want" to believe this staff has some stuff up their sleeve to win the close ones and keep us respectable enough to pull in top recruits..........hype machine activated!!!

I'm going to go with a 9 win season and then add the bowl game win to bump it up to 10. I'm usually overly optimistic about Longhorn teams. I just "want" to believe this staff has some stuff up their sleeve to win the close ones and keep us respectable enough to pull in top recruits..........hype machine activated!!!
I think that’s where we will see Sark make a difference. I don’t think we will see as many mind boggling in game decisions, and you’ll see Sark ride his best players. That alone probably wins 2 games last year that we lost.

Oh we about to Hollywood/Vegas the sh!t out of this program. There's gonna be more lights than a smokers convention. Think if Disneyland at midnight fireworks had a baby with the Mandalay Bay hotel and they gave birth on Rodeo Drive during a diamond broker convention.

It is what it is. It's the arms race. You either keep up and try to outdo other programs with facilities and bells and whistles, or get left behind. You know this, that Texas takes a back seat to no one.

Just wanting to get it all in writing before the season starts. 😀

Be as homeristic or unabashedly rival-ish, but remember whatever you post you have to live with as the season plays out. This is your receipt.

I’ll go first:

Sep 4: vs Louisiana W (38-31)
Sep 11: at Arkansas W (38-31)
Sep 18: vs Rice W (45-14)
Sep 25: vs Texas Tech W (42-24)
Oct 2: at TCU L (38-28)
Oct 9: N OU L (48-24)
Oct 16: vs OSU L (38-35)
Oct 30: at Baylor W (42-24)
Nov 06 at Iowa State L (45-28)
Nov 13 vs Kansas W (48-14)
Nov 20 at WVU W (42-28)
Nov 27 vs Kansas State W (31-24)

I think your toughest games are frontloaded. Louisiana this year is a very respectable team, and a tough team to start a new coaching staff and QB. Arkansas will be improved from last year as well. If I’m honest, I’m not surprised if Texas loses one of those, but I can’t bring myself to actually predict it. Add in TCU, OU. and OSU in succession and that’s a very daunting part of any schedule. The back of the schedule is a lot easier.

So I have 8-4. But I think Texas is closer to 7-5 than 9-3.

Talent level is nowhere near what it needs to be to make a serious run at a Big 12 title. Plus there is the obvious turnover in staff. It's going to be turbulent and hopefully we catch a few breaks

ULL - W
Arky - L
Rice - W
Tech - W
TCU - W
OU - L
oSu - W
Baylor - W
ISU - W
KU - W
WVU - L
KSt - W

9-3 I guess. So that probably means we'll be 7-5 and win a bowl game to go 8-5

Now that sh!t is funny. I’m all for it. If the game isn’t entertaining then the game day atmosphere will be at least. I’m not making a prediction this year so as not to jinx it. I will say I’m expecting the year to be more positive than negative despite the record. Regardless of the record at the end of the season, we will appear to be making strides in the right direction. Not making the same mistakes over again (can’t tackle) and making stupid coaching decisions (inability to curb stomp opponents, etc) That’s the koolaid I’m drinking. How bout this question, how many overtime games will we play this year? Lol

Execution, if we execute we can beat anyone on the schedule. I expect better game plans with the new staff. We'll see.

Now that sh!t is funny. I’m all for it. If the game isn’t entertaining then the game day atmosphere will be at least. I’m not making a prediction this year so as not to jinx it. I will say I’m expecting the year to be more positive than negative despite the record. Regardless of the record at the end of the season, we will appear to be making strides in the right direction. Not making the same mistakes over again (can’t tackle) and making stupid coaching decisions (inability to curb stomp opponents, etc) That’s the koolaid I’m drinking. How bout this question, how many overtime games will we play this year? Lol
If they use a smoke machine, I'm gonna be embarrassed.

Uhhh, haven’t we been using a smoke machine?
Yes.

But only two things should ever be allowed to run out of smoke:
Miami hurricanes, because they did it first-

Firemen with a woman over his shoulder.

Only two things allowed to run out of smoke and be cool doing it.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
ADVERTISEMENT