ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

lets see.....we have an Aston Martin.....a Lamborgini......what now a Rolls?
The rolls will be in his 12 car garage along with his collection at his soon to be built mansion. A limo will cart him to school, practices and games. 😉

So tell me this @clob94, you played, if you got a big NIL deal in college, say $5 mil, you think you’d have the same incentive to bust your ass? I know it’s really on a case by case basis and someone like Manning probably would but some of those prima donnas out there are going to lose motivation imo. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Double edged sword.

Some kids that came from the hood or poor white trash bust their butt to take care of their family. 5 million is more than they have ever thought of having and SOME kids will take the NIL and consider themselves RICH and waste it all by the time they are 22.
Some kid superstar like Manning--- could make 5 million and have everything he needs to go Pro but blows his knee out in the worst way and that 5 million takes care of him for life.

Some kids will get a huge paycheck in college and realize they can make MORE if they keep busting their ass and get to the NFL.

It's going to be a mixed bag.

Reactions: Belldozer1
No doubt that he is going to make massive NIL dollars, but that’s not why he came to Texas. His last name is Manning, his uncles represent and have represented massive brands. The NIL money was going to be huge regardless of where he went to school.
Yes---- he was going to get great NIL deals no matter what. But trust me when I tell you---- this was as much a business decision as it was a football decision.

Now----- if he doesn't go out and perform, we will be forced to eat much poop by opposing fan bases for what we have done.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Yes---- he was going to get great NIL deals no matter what. But trust me when I tell you---- this was as much a business decision as it was a football decision.

Now----- if he doesn't go out and perform, we will be forced to eat much poop by opposing fan bases for what we have done.
I kinda think arche's decision was all business brother. And you know it. It's a new day in cfb!

I wonder if Sark has Bijan and Quinn bring their Lambo and Aston Martin by the football offices when big time recruits are in town lol

Yeah and I’m pretty sure that’s how Jimbo flat out lied to the world about his signing class being paid. Jimbo said only 1 of his signing class had an NIL deal, insinuating that he was the only one bought and paid for which is a total lie. What he didn’t tell everyone is the others have an NIL deal in principle but they just can’t talk about it because you have to be enrolled first before you get an NIL deal. Jimbo is an absolute liar.

Any rumors of large NIL deals being reported are most likely false. No NIL deal can be given until the player signs their LOI. When/if these schools get caught passing out this kind of thing, they are going to get hit hard by the NCAA. Are you listening, aggy?
I'm just glad there is a team out there who is clean as a whistle such as the Sooners and Longhorns. EVERYTHING is done by the book and clean. You or anyone else has no idea how ANY of these deals are done. Not one of you knows. I will never sit here and say we didn't do this or that, but I'm also not going to sit here and believe that Texas and OU don't offer players any money. You better believe they do, but none of us can sit here and say what or how right now especially with all of this being so new. Arch is getting paid for sure and Texas was probably the highest bidder much like ALL other schools who are able to do this.

I'm just glad there is a team out there who is clean as a whistle such as the Sooners and Longhorns. EVERYTHING is done by the book and clean. You or anyone else has no idea how ANY of these deals are done. Not one of you knows. I will never sit here and say we didn't do this or that, but I'm also not going to sit here and believe that Texas and OU don't offer players any money. You better believe they do, but none of us can sit here and say what or how right now especially with all of this being so new. Arch is getting paid for sure and Texas was probably the highest bidder much like ALL other schools who are able to do this.
Thanks for acknowledging! We will keep the sport clean...lol. God bless TEXAS!

I have a nephew that is being recruited right now so I have a pretty good grasp of how the system works. Rules vary from state to state.

I have a nephew that is being recruited right now so I have a pretty good grasp of how the system works. Rules vary from state to state.
Did you play for Aledo?

I graduated from Aledo in 90. We sucked back then but we were playing schools with 2 to 3 times as many kids.

Did you play for Aledo?

I graduated from Aledo in 90. We sucked back then but we were playing schools with 2 to 3 times as many kids.
I was a freshman in 98 when we won our first state title. Didn't play varsity that year though. Graduated in 02. We were pretty good back then but nothing like they are nowadays. We moved up from 3A to 4A the year after I graduated.

I was a freshman in 98 when we won our first state title. Didn't play varsity that year though. Graduated in 02. We were pretty good back then but nothing like they are nowadays. We moved up from 3A to 4A the year after I graduated.
98’ dang. Do you consider yourself a millennial?

The cut off is 81 . I despise the millenial mindset. But in all honesty I think a lot of people get the millenial generation mixed up with the Gen Z generation.
I’m just messing with you I have teenage kids and I don’t know what that generation is called but man it’s a struggle to stay out in front of the propaganda they’re learning thru social media etc.

I’m just messing with you I have teenage kids and I don’t know what that generation is called but man it’s a struggle to stay out in front of the propaganda they’re learning thru social media etc.
I have a couple of teenagers myself. Mine aren't allowed on social media until they are 18. When they are 18 they can do whatever the hell they want. Until then i'm not letting them fall in to that trap. Social media is toxic and brainwashes a lot people lol.

Now I'm not going to argue with you about this or that..... instead, I will speak to you from first hand experience.

I took 5 recruiting trips to 5, big time, national brand universities. Flew on private jets and everything.

There was only 1 if them that didn't hand me cash-- Texas.

Now I'm not going to argue with you about this or that..... instead, I will speak to you from first hand experience.

I took 5 recruiting trips to 5, big time, national brand universities. Flew on private jets and everything.

There was only 1 if them that didn't hand me cash-- Texas.
Gift card? IOU? I KNOW they didn’t just give you a free of money handshake.

I saw a podcast with Eric Dickerson the other day and he was asked about the Camaro or TransAm given to him by A$M during his recruitment. He said A&M had his grandmother buy the car in her name (he said she had the means to buy the car on her own) and then A&M payed her back straight up cash homie. Said he was getting $500 handshakes every time he turned around. Damn that Texas A&M is rotten and corrupt to the core and still couldn’t land Dickerson.

At least they’ve finally hired a legit liar and bs’er in Jimbo.

Last edited:
His father just got arrested yesterday for possession of more than 4 grams. 2nd degree felony. No bueno.
Damn and reportedly his father had a lot to do with his recent commitment. I don’t think he plays at Louisville. I’m not sure he will play at Texas but I’d bet money he won’t play a down for Louisville

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT