ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

I was just taking a look at the recruiting rankings and noticed that A&M isn't even in the top 60 for 2023. How odd is that? You pull the greatest recruiting class of all time last year and this year you'll be lucky to break the top 25.
Yes, something smells here. Time to look under the rug.

I'm sensing some major butthurt after the Texas to SEC deal. Somebody went passive-aggressive in a bit of a tantrum.

Copied this from a poster (BWILK55) on hornsports. Dates of possible commits:

CB Malik Muhameed - 7/20

Edge Derion Gullette - soon, but no date

Edge Braylon Shelby.- soon, but no date

LB Anthony Hill - End of July?

RB Cedrick Baxter - 8/10 commitment

CB Javien Toviano - 8/25 (opener vs Lake Travis)

WR Jalen Hale - 9/22 commitment

CB Jordan Matthews - Septemberish

ATH/WR Mikal HP - after fall visits

TE Duce Robinson - long game...

Edge Colton Vasek - ???

DL- Hunter Osborne - ???

DL - David Hicks - NSD

Malik announcing at 6pm today, and some smoke going around about 4* OT Kirkland, I want to say out of Florida, coming out of nowhere.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Here’s a little article about Mohammed. Sounds like Arch is doing some recruiting of his own.

Nice pick up but…..“I’m the best player in the nation” LOL . Who’s telling him that?

Oh bell, always there with a backhanded compliment.
What would you want your recruit to say “As the number 38th ranked player in the country, I’m glad to be playing for the xxx”?
Um, I’m quoting his direct quote not manipulating it and giving him a backhanded compliment. Nice player but hardly the best in the nation lol. That has a way of backfiring on a player. Perhaps he could have said he’s the best player from his school or from his county, probably be more accurate lol

Um, I’m quoting his direct quote not manipulating it and giving him a backhanded compliment. Nice player but hardly the best in the nation lol. That has a way of backfiring on a player. Perhaps he could have said he’s the best player from his school or from his county, probably be more accurate lol
I agree, we should not take him. We can only take 20 something players each year and he is ranked in the 30s. We need to focus more on the top 25 players. We already have the #1 recruit, so a clean sweep of #2 thru #25 should be our goal.

I agree, we should not take him. We can only take 20 something players each year and he is ranked in the 30s. We need to focus more on the top 25 players. We already have the #1 recruit, so a clean sweep of #2 thru #25 should be our goal.
Well, now, Manning certainly has the name but not many folks believe he’s anywhere near the best qb in his class much less the No. 1 overall player so we’ll agree to disagree on that one lol

Well, now, Manning certainly has the name but not many folks believe he’s anywhere near the best qb in his class much less the No. 1 overall player so we’ll agree to disagree on that one lol
I didn't make the rankings, just stating what the consensus is between all the expert analysts so I guess we'll have to go with that.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Malik announcing at 6pm today, and some smoke going around about 4* OT Kirkland, I want to say out of Florida, coming out of nowhere.
4* OT Payton Kirkland announcing today at 6:30. Lots of crystal balls leaning our way, which is surprising being that he has not visited. The Manning effect.

4* OT Payton Kirkland announcing today at 6:30. Lots of crystal balls leaning our way, which is surprising being that he has not visited. The Manning effect.
That’s a big get imo if true. If he hasn’t visited it is reasonable to assume NIL playing a big role

If he does end up committing it will be a pretty wild deal. He didn’t even have us in his top 5 and never visited. Can’t say I have seen anything quite like it to be honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT