ADVERTISEMENT

This weeks non-Texas matchups

westx

Dec 6, 2009
Here are some interesting matchups that I will keep an eye on

a&m at Colorado: I don't think aggy will blow them out, but I do think they will win solidly

Cal at TCU: I like TCU's QB and we'll see what there running game with Zach Evans will look like. He broke team rules, so didn't play very much last week. They should be a decent team this year

Iowa vs Iowa St: By the results of last week, it appears that Iowa will once again have their way with ISU

Oregon at Ohio St: I think Ohio St wins, but it may turn out to be interesting

Utah vs BYU: I think Utah. No particular reason, other than their offense will probably be better than usual under Whittington

Reactions: Cajun_Bevo
Aggie barely wins.

TCU by 14

Iowa wins a close one.

Shootout between Oregon and Ohio St. Ostate with a W.

Utah wins the mormon challenge!

Aggie
TCU: Z Evans broke team rules again? 😂 I predict incarceration within 5 years.
Ohio State wins at home.
BYU is not good this year. Utah.

Last edited:

a&m at Colorado: I don't think aggy will blow them out, but I do think they will win solidly

Cal at TCU: I like TCU's QB and we'll see what there running game with Zach Evans will look like. He broke team rules, so didn't play very much last week. They should be a decent team this year

Iowa vs Iowa St: By the results of last week, it appears that Iowa will once again have their way with ISU

Utah vs BYU: I think Utah. No particular reason, other than their offense will probably be better than usual under Whittington
Hey man those are my threads 😅

Comparing our lists I have IA/ISU as a tossup. I'm not putting to much stock about how ISU played last week the most overrated stat in college fb is how well you played the week before. This is the biggest non con game in the Big XII this year This is a real test for ISU to prove they're for real.

OR/tOSU you know I really like the way that Mario Christobal has recruited and developed elite talent at OR. Dyk they've finished in top 10 in recruiting classes the last 4 years and this year it looks like they will finish 3rd. The best of them off them, Kayvon Thibodeaux, is a superstar and Justin Flowe and Troy Thompson will be. And I think he'll play on Saturday he's got a lot at stake if he plays great he'll be a top 5 pick.

But tOSU is a part of the 3 headed monster in today's game. They had less than 50 plays last week but they dropped 45 points and 500 yards on MN. And everyone is picking them to win by 14 and sadly they will.

It wont happen but I will lmao if CO beats the aggies. Btw they're not playing in Boulder they're at Broncos stadium.

I have WA/MI on list and the wolverines will win.

I didn't know BYU/UT were playing should be a good game.

Last edited:
Reactions: diadevic and westx

Comparing our lists I have IA/ISU as a tossup. I'm not putting to much stock about how ISU played last week the most overrated stat in college fb is how well you played the week before. This is the biggest non con game in the Big XII this year This is a real test for ISU to prove they're for real.

OR/tOSU you know I really like the way that Mario Christobal has recruited and developed elite talent at OR. Dyk they've finished in top 10 in recruiting classes the last 4 years and this year it looks like they will finish 3rd. The best of them off them, Kayvon Thibodeaux, is a superstar and Justin Flowe and Troy Thompson will be. And I think he'll play on Saturday he's got a lot at stake if he plays great he'll be a top 5 pick.

But tOSU is a part of the 3 headed monster in today's game. They had less than 50 plays last week but they dropped 45 points and 500 yards on MN. And everyone is picking them to win by 14 and sadly they will.

It wont happen but I will lmao if CO beats the aggies. Btw they're not playing in Boulder they're at Broncos stadium.

BYU / UT will not be a good game. I watched BYU / AZ last week and BYU’s QB is horrible. I don’t know that BYU has had such a bad QB in a long time.

A&M wins by double digits and has the game in hand in the 3rd quarter

TCU is better than Cal. At least they play defense.

I think Iowa wins, but it is close.

Ohio State wins by double digits at home

I think BYU/Utah is the most competitive game in that group.

Michigan wins, but Washington keeps it closer than expected (I don't think either team is very good).

Lol! Believe it or not, it is one of my favorite threads during the season. It was getting late in the week and wasn’t sure if you were going to post.

Evans got in trouble again? No way! Iowa state always seems to play Iowa tight, but never win. Although the conference really needs them to vin

Lol! Believe it or not, it is one of my favorite threads during the season. It was getting late in the week and wasn’t sure if you were going to post.
I was trying to wait till the end of the week 😅

You know what it would prove if CO pulls off the upset? That we beat a good team in the AB. If you think about it you'll realize it's true. It was a huge credibility boost for the Pac XII when UCLA beat LSU last week.

Evans got in trouble again? No way! Iowa state always seems to play Iowa tight, but never win. Although the conference really needs them to vin
I love ISU's 3 te offense. All 3 off those of boys are at least 6'6" 250 lbs and can run with ball after they catch it. Combine that with Breece Hall running and Sam Shaw as the deep threat and you have a formidable offense. And to lead it all is Brock Purdy.

Jon Heacock is the most underrated dc in the country. They're well coached they tackle well in the open space and don't take bad angles. Mike Rose is one of the best lbs in the country. Should be a good game.

Last edited:
I just caught a quarter of the Alabama Miami game. My God. If it wasn’t for their 22 starters UT would definitely have a chance. Fricken Saban has built an NFL minor league program. Unreal.

Reactions: outhereincali
It's been a while since I've been interested in an aggie game-- probably LSU a few years ago that went into 73 over times.

But I think this Colorado match up could be interesting.

It's been a while since I've been interested in an aggie game-- probably LSU a few years ago that went into 73 over times.

But I think this Colorado match up could be interesting.
They made shirts for that 8OT game 😂

It appears you overlooked one:

OU vs WCU: Riley’s Speed D will put on a clinic and will have the rest of the college football watching world ashamed they’d dared to question it. OU reclaims the No. 2 poll position

OU vs WCU: Riley’s Speed D will put on a clinic and will have the rest of the college football watching world ashamed they’d dared to question it. OU reclaims the No. 2 poll position
I have no doubt that will happen. It has to be "interesting" in order to make the list. No hard feelings, the SEC november cupcakes never make the list either. ;)

Reactions: Belldozer1

Surely you jest. There is no formula where oU regains #2 this week.

Reactions: Belldozer1

Agree with all your picks. I think Ohio State covers the spread. A&M I will take a win..I’m not sure they cover. I think Texas covers and wins by 14. Iowa I like to win outright. Iowa St plays good in conference but they have sucked out of conference. Cal sucks and I think TCU wins fairly easily.

You know I've been checking out channels trying get more knowledge about OR/tOSU. Anyway a tOSU guy made an interesting analogy. He talks about in the NFL when a team wins the SB they get lowest picks while the worst teams get the highest picks. But he said in the NFL the champions get the top 10 picks which is another way of explaining why 3 teams are going to dominate college fb indefinitely.

You know the Pac XII and the Big XII are the weakest conference in the P5. And basically OR is the OK of the Pac XII. Good teams with some elite talent and yet they don't seem to have a chance against the 3 headed mod monster just like OK didn't have a chance against LSU or AL.

Agree with all your picks. I think Ohio State covers the spread. A&M I will take a win..I’m not sure they cover. I think Texas covers and wins by 14. Iowa I like to win outright. Iowa St plays good in conference but they have sucked out of conference. Cal sucks and I think TCU wins fairly easily.
Look now I don’t want to get into a hissing ;)match with you but I like Iowa St. over Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT