ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your dream team of assistant coaches

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
No matter what happens with Charlie Strong, it is apparent we are going to have some turnover in assistants, my conservative estimate is we will fire/lose 3 assistants.

So that begs the question who are the best assistants at each position?

Offensive Coordinator - Scott Frost U of Oregon
QB Coach - Scott Frost U of Oregon
RB Coach - Frank Wilson Louisiana State U
WR Coach - Tee Martin U Southern Cal
OL Coach - Adrian Klemm UCLA
TE Coach - Tim Brewster Florida State

Defensive Coordinator - Kevin Steele Louisiana State U
DL Coach - Bo Davis U of Alabama
LB Coach - Brian Jean-Mary U of Texas
DB Coach - Cory Raymond Louisiana State U

BTW - Say what you want about Les Miles, he knows how to put together a top staff.

I would doubt Frost will make a lateral move to be an OC even if it means more $$$. Surely he will be a HC very soon.

Keep your eye on Lincoln Riley. I like what I see so far. His play selection has been pretty dang good this year. If something isn't working, he doesn't try tk force it like Heupel/Norvell did.

1. TCU has two excellent co-coordinators. One of them should be up for grabs: Sonny Cumbie and Doug Meachum.

2. If Holgerson gets fired from W Va, he would be excellent as well.

No matter what happens with Charlie Strong, it is apparent we are going to have some turnover in assistants, my conservative estimate is we will fire/lose 3 assistants.

So that begs the question who are the best assistants at each position?

Offensive Coordinator - Scott Frost U of Oregon
QB Coach - Scott Frost U of Oregon
RB Coach - Frank Wilson Louisiana State U
WR Coach - Tee Martin U Southern Cal
OL Coach - Adrian Klemm UCLA
TE Coach - Tim Brewster Florida State

Defensive Coordinator - Kevin Steele Louisiana State U
DL Coach - Bo Davis U of Alabama
LB Coach - Brian Jean-Mary U of Texas
DB Coach - Cory Raymond Louisiana State U

BTW - Say what you want about Les Miles, he knows how to put together a top staff.

That is one hell of a staff especially on the recruiting trail

A starting point would have to include Mack Brown and Manny Diaz. Sorry, just messin' witcha.

A ton of good assistants out there including the pros.

Derrick Dooley would be an interesting OC. Some college HC experience and a good NFL receiver coach with Dallas

Ricky Williams would be a good rb coach

He was interested in us. We could easily have him.

Totally agree on the TCU OCs. Wanted them to be in the mix for the original OC hire.

And I still really would like Jon Gruden as the HC hire. I liked the Strong hire. Strong still could fix this. But it is not certain now. I thought Gruden would be a homer. The guy is engaging. Eats, sleeps, breathes football. He has fun with the kids. And knows his stuff. Could easily recruit. If he had good assistants that knew the recruiting landscape, he could be a closer in the living rooms. And best of all is he is a game planner and offensive scheme guy. X's and O's. I wanted him as the top hire last go round.

Only downfall is I could see him getting burnt out early since he works like 23 hour days. And only lasting say 4-7 yrs. But I'd take it anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT