ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Kyler Murray and more...)

Originally posted by A-10HORN:
Is aggy recruiting another QB right now? We are and as far as I can tell they aren't right? That concerns me.
I saw somewhere, maybe here, that Sumlin reached out to Tenn EE QB Quintin Domardy before he enrolled to gauge interest. If true, that would be telling in my mind.

Originally posted by Anwar Richardson:

Originally posted by horn1:
Too good to be true.

Not buying it.

If wrong, will suck your d*ck.
So offering to buy a guy a drink went out in 2014?
laugh.r191677.gif

This new generation is something else!

Originally posted by Ketchum:
Originally posted by Hookah Horns:

Originally posted by brookelindsey:
What's your % call on Murray ?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Better than 50-percent. The other puzzle pieces are helping UT's chances.
I believe you said 85% on the Friday thread. Is that falling? I realize 50+ is still consistent but it is clearly a less confident way of saying it.
Those percentages are arbitrary. I don't know how to handicap the percentage. 85-percent is better than 50-percent.
So you're not saying that the likelihood of KM at Texas is less than 85%?

Originally posted by Ron Mexico12:
Does Little no-showing A&M's junior day today after he was supposed to be in give any indications or just coincidence?
Rule No.2

There are seldom, if ever, any accidents.
Channeling your inner Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)?

Mods, do you think Murray has silently decommitted from the aggies (similar to what Gentry did) so as to help Sumlin from completely having his class implode?

Is it just me, or does everyone else also have the sense that Ketch feels extremely (almost eerily) confident about how things are about to unfold...
wink.r191677.gif

Hook'em

Originally posted by Hook'em34:
It's an absolute long shot. People are getting caught up in the moment and getting carried away right now I think.
Not sure why you believe this is a longshot. All you have to do is connect the dots and you'll see this is most likely going to happen.

K. Murray visits Austin tweets his jersey number out and starting this media frenzy
D. Mack cancels Auburn visit and takes ov to Texas.
D. Lodge comes to Austin all of a sudden and tweets a pic of a Texas jersey
S. Jamabo most now feel Texas is starting to run away with this recruitment
M. Merrick is a Kevin Murray pupil and Kevin helped place him at Texas, no way does Kevin Murray risk his reputation as qb coach to troll Charlie Strong and Texas
G. Little all of a sudden is a no-show to aggie jr. day. Yes could be a legitimate reason for the no-show but too many things are trending towards Texas, also not to mention how all of our commits are acting like we're in for a big surprise has me convinced.

A and M is not going to let this kid, Murray, flip to Texas.Whatever it takes, everything is on, or under, the table.Made a huge statement with move to SEC and its ridiculous I know to think one player could change the momentum they have or think they have. But in my opinion they will not let him flip.

I want to believe we will win out but this is my biggest concern. If we are leading because Sumlin isn't giving the Murrays the answers they want (I am not suggesting they are asking for anything against the rules) then maybe the real threat Texas has become will make Sumlin change his answers this week. I like seeing the actions of the other recruits, but that can still be in line with keeping Texas a strong option. I would have loved to see Lodge not take his Ole Miss visit. That would have been a huge indication in my mind. little skipping junior day was good but clearly he still has plenty of options to visit in the next year.

Originally posted by txmarttx:
I want to believe we will win out but this is my biggest concern. If we are leading because Sumlin isn't giving the Murrays the answers they want (I am not suggesting they are asking for anything against the rules) then maybe the real threat Texas has become will make Sumlin change his answers this week. I like seeing the actions of the other recruits, but that can still be in line with keeping Texas a strong option. I would have loved to see Lodge not take his Ole Miss visit. That would have been a huge indication in my mind. little skipping junior day was good but clearly he still has plenty of options to visit in the next year.
I think the questions they want answered are lack of discipline, lack of QB development, lack of defense, etc. These are tough to answer when you don't have a track record.

Originally posted by jspirohorn:
Ketch - can you remember a situation where six of the best high school players at their position in the state were were ceding their decisions to another player?
I don't think it's quite like that but I will say VY had a ton of pull with the 2002 class.

Originally posted by OSWALT:

Originally posted by Hookah Horns:

Originally posted by brookelindsey:
What's your % call on Murray ?

Better than 50-percent. The other puzzle pieces are helping UT's chances.
I believe you said 85% on the Friday thread. Is that falling? I realize 50+ is still consistent but it is clearly a less confident way of saying it.
Those percentages are arbitrary. I don't know how to handicap the percentage. 85-percent is better than 50-percent.
So you're not saying that the likelihood of KM at Texas is less than 85%?
On a 1-10 scale of UT confidence for Murray, I've got it at an 8.5.

Originally posted by rickbansal:
Mods, do you think Murray has silently decommitted from the aggies (similar to what Gentry did) so as to help Sumlin from completely having his class implode?
No, I don't believe that.

Great weekend for Texas football and an exciting time in recruiting but all I can think about is Rumble Johnson kicking the shit out of Gustufson. I wasn't expecting that! Maybe Jerry can get Jones/Johnson scheduled at Cowboys Stadium.

Originally posted by williamjwills:
A and M is not going to let this kid, Murray, flip to Texas.Whatever it takes, everything is on, or under, the table.Made a huge statement with move to SEC and its ridiculous I know to think one player could change the momentum they have or think they have. But in my opinion they will not let him flip.

they won't let him?

I get the sense that the Murrays don't do people determining anything for them.

Originally posted by txmarttx:
It's a trust issue is what I keep hearing. Dad and Sumlin are not chilling with each other in their down-time.

Ketch, one of your best yet, thanks. If our class ends up the way you suggest, that is the equivalent of a 12 seed winning the ncaa tourney. Out of curiosity, any news on Richmond or Strickland? Are either/both off our radar?

Originally posted by williamjwills:
Kyler is going to be bought (except by Baseball). The Murrays appear to have integrity, and that, it would seem, is the reason they aren't enamored with Rumlin.

Ketch,
Just curious if you think there are any promises that Kevin Sumlin can make to Kevin or Kyler Murray at this point that wouldn't come off as lip service. Or at this stage of the game does a recruiter just try to convince a recruit that the current plan is sound and he really is a good fit or are the late in home visits more of a rah rah pep really for the school and the program. I'm just trying to understand what can possibly be said this late in the game to possibly change a recruits mind or the mind of their parents.

Originally posted by HookemUK:
Is it just me, or does everyone else also have the sense that Ketch feels extremely (almost eerily) confident about how things are about to unfold...
wink.r191677.gif

Hook'em
I've been on this site for a long time, and I have never seen Ketch this confident over a commitment. He's all in on this one. Please, sweet baby Jesus, make this happen. For a fan base that has suffered for the past 5 years, we cannot handle a troll job by Kyler & co. this close to NSD. If CS can close this class, we are on the cusp of greatness again.

It was. Vince often had time to slap together a P.B. & Jelly sandwich, and eat it, before decidiing to run or pass.

True statement, and it brought back a football memory regarding for UT player Bill Bradley.

The week before we played Baylor, Bradley, who was Baylor defensive coordinator at the time as I recall, was quoted in the American Statesman as saying "...anyone could pass as good as Vince Young if all they had to do was just stand there until someone got open..."

That's not verbatim by any means, but I think you get my drift.

a. I like Jerrod Heard a lot, but he's not yet showing the skill level, consistency and overall talent to convince those around him every day that he's the guy we thought he was coming out of high school.
And Chance Mock was going to plant Vince's ass on the bench until he graduated because of practice performance remember? We talking 'bout practice man...PRACTICE.

smile.r191677.gif

I'm just busting your balls man but I do find this emphatic career projection based on practice performance stuff humorous. Especially for a true freshman QB. I realize it's coming from coaches and you're just reporting it....and maybe he will bust....but how about we let the kid take some game snaps before proclaiming he isn't what we thought he was? Just an idea...maybe I'm crazy.

If Gone Girl is in your top 5 for 2014 then you should just stop watching movies altogether. That movie turned from believable to one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen within seconds. I went from being on the edge of my seat to constantly looking at my watch to find out how much longer I had to wait before it was over. Also, Ben Affleck sucks but that isn't news. He should have just retired after Argo because he is back to his old tired non-believable acting self in this movie. The Grand Budapest Hotel is a lot more Oscar mentioning worthy than that piece of trash.

The kids are going to A&M. The focus is to get A&M coaches attention. Parents want their kids in the NFL which means SEC. However, CS is going to be a force in the future as recruiting unfolds.

Originally posted by SAXETU:
Great weekend for Texas football and an exciting time in recruiting but all I can think about is Rumble Johnson kicking the shit out of Gustufson. I wasn't expecting that! Maybe Jerry can get Jones/Johnson scheduled at Cowboys Stadium.
I predicted Rumble in a 2nd round Ko.

Originally posted by Hook 'em Danno:
Ketch, one of your best yet, thanks. If our class ends up the way you suggest, that is the equivalent of a 12 seed winning the ncaa tourney. Out of curiosity, any news on Richmond or Strickland? Are either/both off our radar?

Strickland is about to decide, so barring something unforeseen, he's not in the picture.

Need to follow up on Richmond.

The Horns I saw on Saturday are not a sweet 16 team.

Also think Dez would not have lost control of the ball if it had been deflated. Deflated balls do mean less fumbles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT