ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why offer them this early if you are texas? They both were offered and several at 24/7 had them penciled in as Longhorns. Now well they are only three stars... Just more of the same

Then why offer them this early if you are texas? They both were offered and several at 24/7 had them penciled in as Longhorns. Now well they are only three stars... Just more of the same
. They're good prospects, one of them is top 100. It's also a two-fer-one. Not a bad set of OL to pick up.

I don't think you understand how recruiting works nowadays. If you don't offer you have no chance to land a prospect, even if they are a fallback option. We've offered 11 QBs and have really only been in contact with like 4 or 5 of them. If you don't offer kids nowadays they get pissed. There's a big difference between offering and actually pushing for a commit. Like I said, we landed 5 higher O-line ranked recruits last year per 247. There's very little offensive line talent this year in Texas. Kellen Diesch is the only other guy in Texas that I consider to be pretty good (outside of Little and Hudson). Anderson Twins, Urquidez and even Jean Delance are very meh to me.

Spin away buddy! What do last years recruits have to do with today? Wickline is getting owned and so is Strong.

Oh, will Major even qualify?
Don't bring up this years recruits but I'm gonna bring up this years recruits. Lol. I'm ready for Vahe to get on campus!

When will y'all win something with all this recruiting?

It falls off if ya never do...that's the killer part. Aggy could explode if they actually won a title.

Last edited:
Out of the 11 OL offers Texas has out, they're the lowest two prospects.

Last edited:
To give you perspective. Connor Williams, Brandon Hodges, Garrett Thomas, Patrick Vahe, and Ronnie Major are all higher rated (per 247) than Anderson twins. Like I said, there's not much talent on the O-line in Texas. Best to look out of state.

What OOS OL are being recruited heavily currently? Have not read anything that sounded like someone was leaning. Thanks

I would assume more offers will be out shortly. I think only 2 of those are still real possibilities. Interested in who the next offer goes to.

Horns don't understand how bad Charlie hurt himself with his Florida comments. Just like Higdon doesn't understand how bad he hurt himself with the Murray story. Then you have all the Wickline mistakes. Yet they wonder why they continue to miss on all the OL guys that were basically horns based on all the posts in this topic. LOL!
Aggie bullshit is to be expected, but at least be original. First it was going to be high school coaches (and former Texas players) black balling Strong for telling the kid from Orange they weren't interested. Then it was a story about how the high school coaches hated Strong for his short speech at some clinic. Then there was the Florida five. Now "Bob Shipley is pissed?" When do we not have Aggies warning us that Strong has poisoned the well? Yet Strong closed the gap in recruiting and by most accounts surpassed Sumlin in his first full recruiting cycle, and after a losing season. Maybe Aggies should be wondering f how this coach that keeps pissing everyone off is beating them on the recruiting trail.

According to Higdon we are taking 20 commits this year (sounds about right to me, maybe a couple more). Just a guess but this is what I'm thinking.

QB-2
RB-1
TE/FB-2
WR-3
OL-3

DL-4
LB-2
Safety-1
CB-2

So yeah. I think max we take on the O-line in recruiting is 4. Owens, Diesch, Delance, Cleveland, Allen, Hudson and Little are going to be priorities over the Anderson twins (as indicated by their 247 rankings).

According to Higdon we are taking 20 commits this year (sounds about right to me, maybe a couple more). Just a guess but this is what I'm thinking.

QB-2
RB-1
TE/FB-2
WR-3
OL-3

I dunno seems like line depth is still an issue and there might be a little more attrition. We don't have 80 players who are competing for playing time right now. Gotta lose some dead weight.

Last edited:

QB-2
RB-1
TE/FB-2
WR-3
OL-3

DL-4
LB-2
Safety-1
CB-2

So yeah. I think max we take on the O-line in recruiting is 4. Owens, Diesch, Delance, Cleveland, Allen, Hudson and Little are going to be priorities over the Anderson twins (as indicated by their 247 rankings).

Aim high, Strong.

Reactions: mikej042002
O-line numbers are going to be dependent on attrition IMO. Because with the numbers currently I can only see us taking 4 max (maybe only 3).

How does anyone watch the OL last season and think its ok to miss on all 8 offers that have committed?

Looking at the offensive line. After this year, we will have 13 O-lineman on scholarship. Say we take 4 more in the '16 class that will get us at 17 scholarship O-lineman. Unless there's attrition I just can't see us taking more than 3 or 4 in the '16 class. 18 o-lineman on scholarship seems excessive, but I'm not real sure how many o-lineman are normally on scholarship.

SRs (Doyle, Flowers, Hutchins)
JRs (Hughes, Hodges, Perkins)
SO (James, Nickelson, Raulerson)
FR (Thomas, Rodriguez, Anderson, Williams, Cuney, Vahe, Major)

How does anyone watching the joke that is aggy football, going into a season with 1 mediocre QB, think they're going to hold any recruiting momentum when they'll be a .500 team at best, and the recipient of several more ugly blowout losses. Strong already out recruited you pathetic losers after going 6-7 in his FIRST year. Aggy doesn't have the coach, stature, or location to keep recruiting well as they keep getting worse. Aggy will always be aggy. If you haven't gotten used to mediocrity by now, you got problems. That's all that's in your future.

How does anyone watching the joke that is aggy football, going into a season with 1 mediocre QB, think they're going to hold any recruiting momentum when they'll be a .500 team at best, and the recipient of several more ugly blowout losses. Strong already out recruited you pathetic losers after going 6-7 in his FIRST year. Aggy doesn't have the coach, stature, or location to keep recruiting well as they keep getting worse. Aggy will always be aggy. If you haven't gotten used to mediocrity by now, you got problems. That's all that's in your future.

Dumb. Look at the QB'S in Austin. Don't start your post with a team weakness. Pretty sure all Horns with a functioning brain would take Allen & Murray over Swoops, Heard, Locksley, Merrick, etc.. You may disagree.

The more I look at the roster and available recruits, I think we actually may take more than 2 LB commits. Not sure where that will trade off though.

Dumb. Look at the QB'S in Austin. Don't start your post with a team weakness. Pretty sure all Horns with a functioning brain would take Allen & Murray over Swoops, Heard, Locksley, Merrick, etc.. You may disagree.

Lol. No it's dumb to count Murray as one of your QBs. You have Allen, that's it, and he sucks. Our QBs will get better, but at least we can play defense until they do. You're in for a long season, followed by more of that great aggy tradition, decommit season. Yet you dumbass aggys still run your mouths like you matter in the CFB world. Lol

Lol. No it's dumb to count Murray as one of your QBs. You have Allen, that's it, and he sucks. Our QBs will get better, but at least we can play defense until they do. You're in for a long season, followed by more of that great aggy tradition, decommit season. Yet you dumbass aggys still run your mouths like you matter in the CFB world. Lol

I was pretty sure you would disagree. Maybe Swoops will figure it out. You seem confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT