ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

That hitch may be what's causing the wobble in his passes, but you know what, as long as he's throwing strikes, I don't think I mess with it. Unless of course he's not getting enough velocity on deep outs. Then he needs to get that tight spiral.

I think a better comparison is Reggie McNeal. He was every bit the athlete of VY and they were on a collision course for State their senior year until Chad Schroeder and Westlake ended Madison’s season. He and Reggie are identical in size (6’2, 195). McNeal had more straight line speed but Shug seems more balanced on his feet while running (could be more lower body strength).

McNeal was a more polished passer than VY, which is why he probably a better comparison. His career went south after he chose Aggy IMO

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Tomorrow's game is a must win.

Updated visitors list for the USC game (from all sites):

RB, Derrian Brown, Buford (Buford, GA)
RB, Trey Sanders, IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
WR, Jaylen Ellis, Round Rock Cedar Ridge
WR, Elijah Higgins, Austin Bowie
WR, Jake Smith, Notre Dame Prep (Scottsdale, AZ)
WR, Marcus Washington, Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO)
TE, Brayden Liebrock, Chandler (Chandler, AZ)
TE, Jared Wiley, Temple
OL, Javonne Shepherd (maybe), Houston North Forest
DT, T'Vondre Sweat, Huntsville
LB, De'Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Westlake Village, CA)
LB, Marcus Tillman, Jones (Orlando, FL)
CB, Marques Caldwell, Alvin
CB, Kenyatta Watson, Grayson (Loganville, GA)
S, Jalen Catalon, Mansfield Legacy
S, Lewis Cine, Cedar Hill Trinity Christian
S, Tyler Owens, Plano East
ATH, Donavyn Lester, Plano John Paul II
ATH, Bru McCoy, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)
ATH, Peyton Powell, Odessa Permian
ATH, Jordan Whittingon, Cuero

QB, Hudson Card, Austin Lake Travis
RB, Mookie Cooper, Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO)
RB, Zachary Evans, Galena Park North Shore
WR, Demond Demas, Houston North Forest
TE, Donovan Johnson, Plano John Paul II
OL, Damieon George, Galena Park North Shore
OL, Justin Rogers, Oak Park (Oak Park, MI)
OL, Jalen St. John, Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO)
DE, Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek
DE, Prince Dorbah, Dallas Highland Park
DE, Princely Umanmielen, Manor
CB, Avery Helm, Fort Bend Marshall
CB, Jaylon Jones, Cibolo Steele
CB, Dwight McGlothern, Cedar Hill Trinity Christian
S, Darius Snow, Carrollton Hebron
S, Bryson Washington, Houston C.E. King
ATH, Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage
ATH, Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
ATH, Michael Henderson, Irving Ranchview

QB, Preston Stone, Dallas Parish Episcopal
WR, Shadrach Banks, Galena Park North Shore
OL, Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor
OL, Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor
OL, Donovan Jackson, Bellaire Episcopal
OL, Reuben Fatheree, Richmond Foster
DE, Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins
DE, Landyn Watson, Hutto

Why only 1 2019 OL on tomorrow's list? I know he is committed but aggy is chasing with a suitcase full of cash. No other prospects in Texas?

Does anyone know if Texas has had any decommitments for next year's class thus far? If this season is a disaster, I've very concerned that recruiting is going fall off of the table.

Does anyone know if Texas has had any decommitments for next year's class thus far? If this season is a disaster, I've very concerned that recruiting is going fall off of the table.
0 decommits from the 2019 class thus far. But yeah, if this season goes south, it's going to be hard to keep selling the future. We need to win this game tomorrow. Period. Full stop.

Wasn’t Lewis Cine a big question mark on whether or not he was coming? If so, glad to see he’s on the list

Unless you have mass decommits, how could recruiting go south? You are already in top 10 with only 16 commits so far.

If we can get that kind of effort every game, then we will have no problem. That was a BIG game so duplicating the effort will be difficult to do day in day out.

2020 recruiting war is back on. USC may not be any good, but they are as big a name as there is in college football. And Bama looks like the best version in the Saban era to me. A&M is likely to be blown the fuk out, Saban names the score blown out. He really wants Leal & Harris, so I could see him going for as bad a beat down as possible. Will be very interesting to see how 17 year kids see these teams.

Folks more in the know tell me, can we finish with this?

RB - Noah Cain
WR - Elijah Higgins
WR - Marcus Washington
OL - William Putnam
DL - Marcus Stripling
DL - Rodas Johnson
DL - Faatui Tuitele
LB - David Gbenda
DB - Noa Pola-Gates
DB - Jalen Catalon
ATH - Bru McCoy

That would put us at 27. Can we take that many?

We would have a score of 299.81 with that...probably the #3 Class.

What are the chances?

Folks more in the know tell me, can we finish with this?

RB - Noah Cain No I think he's LSU bound...IMO we have a better shot at Trey Sanders
WR - Elijah Higgins I think we land him, but Stanford is a threat here
WR - Marcus Washington Yes, I think he's one of the next to commit
OL - William Putnam No idea... OL recruiting is going to be interesting to watch
DL - Marcus Stripling I don't know interested we are... why hasn't he committed to aggy or OU yet? maybe something deeper here
DL - Rodas Johnson No idea... DL recruiting is going to be interesting to watch, just like with OL
DL - Faatui Tuitele Never thought he was coming here, Bama or Washington
LB - David Gbenda If we are pushing he is ours, maybe committing soon?
DB - Noa Pola-Gates I think he goes to Bama, need to get him on campus tho bc i think he as legit interest
DB - Jalen Catalon I thought he was all in, until he didnt make it to campus for USC and went to TCU game instead
ATH - Bru McCoy I think he stays West Coast, but UT is definitely giving him lots to think about

That would put us at 27. Can we take that many?

We would have a score of 299.81 with that...probably the #3 Class.

What are the chances?
I just entered my thoughts, that list is best case scenario best finish possible. I would be thrilled if we ended like that. Dont think it'll happen though

Reactions: weevilcatch
Immediate recruiting results from this weekend:

2019:
RB - Derrian Brown (GA) - committed
WR - Marcus Washington (MO) - multiple crystal balls including from Steve Wiltfong (247 director)
S - Tyler Owens (TX) - cb from Wiltfong

2020:
APB - Mookie Cooper (MO) - cb from Wiltfong

I think our next 3 are:

Washington- 4* WR
Gbenda- 4* LB (if we push.... why hasn't he committed already?)
Owens- 3* DB (ATH/OLB for us???)

I've heard Gbenda's dad is.. Let's say a very, very involved parent. They may be the reason for the slow play.

speaking of news letters....I read that Hamm has been booted by Texags(again)...and it must have put him in a bad mood because he got into a fight.....wait for it........wait for it....at a high school football game and got kicked out.....Nice!

speaking of news letters....I read that Hamm has been booted by Texags(again)...and it must have put him in a bad mood because he got into a fight.....wait for it........wait for it....at a high school football game and got kicked out.....Nice!

78141243.jpg

Are you sure it was a fight? Maybe it was midget wrestling, like we used to have in the 80's. So maybe it was fake.

Are you sure it was a fight? Maybe it was midget wrestling, like we used to have in the 80's. So maybe it was fake.

Damn! you caught me. I may have been the victim of fake news. I think what I read said something like ...an altercation. Where I went to HS that meant a fight (either with or without weapons)...considering it was Hamm.....it was more likely a slap fest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT