ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

I'm hearing on another site that Shepherd has been kicked off his high school team. Better start looking for more O linemen.

I'm hearing on another site that Shepherd has been kicked off his high school team. Better start looking for more O linemen.
Heard the same. I wonder if he is good enough to overlook character concerns?

Heard the same. I wonder if he is good enough to overlook character concerns?

Don't know what he did, but he probably won't be an impact for anyone in the long run. If you can't stay eligible in High School then I can't see you staying eligible in college either. Maybe it's something that can be corrected though.

siap

I've noticed a few threads on here about a shortage of dl in TX and the good ones are going to the cow college. Let me tell ya out here in Pac XII country Utah has become a hot bed of lineman talent. We recruited Junior Angilau out of Salt Lake City and he'll be good one. Coach Herman went to his house right after the season finale and offered him thankfully he said yes.

But in Utah there are a lot of Samoan lineman. Did you know that American Somoa has more players per capita in the NFL than anyone else? But it's not just Somoans, there's Pacific Islanders especially Tongan's, Polynesian, and Hawaii players that area P5 school worthy. Ever since Utah joined the Pac XII the Pac XII schools have been cleaning up. We started with Junior Angilau now let's get some more.

siap

I've noticed a few threads on here about a shortage of dl in TX and the good ones are going to the cow college. Let me tell ya out here in Pac XII country Utah has become a hot bed of lineman talent. We recruited Junior Angilau out of Salt Lake City and he'll be good one. Coach Herman went to his house right after the season finale and offered him thankfully he said yes.

But in Utah there are a lot of Samoan lineman. Did you know that American Somoa has more players per capita in the NFL than anyone else? But it's not just Somoans, there's Pacific Islanders especially Tongan's, Polynesian, and Hawaii players that area P5 school worthy. Ever since Utah joined the Pac XII the Pac XII schools have been cleaning up. We started with Junior Angilau now let's get some more.

I posted a thread, maybe a year ago, about the 4 Texas schools joining the Pac 12. The eastern half would be made up of 2 pods - ASU, UA, Utah, Colo and then the Texas Pod. The West is obvios. The Cali schools and then the 4 to the north. I think it would work. Of course this would give us access to Utah.

I posted a thread, maybe a year ago, about the 4 Texas schools joining the Pac 12. The eastern half would be made up of 2 pods - ASU, UA, Utah, Colo and then the Texas Pod. The West is obvios. The Cali schools and then the 4 to the north. I think it would work. Of course this would give us access to Utah.

We don't need to do all that. In terms of distance TX is just as close to UT as anybody in the Pac XII. Ok CO is closer to UT but that's the only one.

I think the Big 12 grows to 16 teams and add the AZ schools, Utah, Colorado and the LA schools (or Boise state and UH). Form 2 eight team conference with the 6 PAC, TT and ISU making up the west and the rest of the conference in the east. UT plays all 7 division teams and 3 rotating west division teams and 2 out of conference teams. Have a mega conference championship

Reactions: oldhorn2
Yes I'm curious how this all is going to play out. Clearly, the B1G and SEC are the mammoth conference leaders. ACC, Big XII, and PAC are kind of up-and-down equal in terms of power. Will we sway someone powerful from those conferences to join us (probably not ACC because of geography)? We will try to embolden the PAC by joining them? Or will we join what's already powerful like B1G or SEC, and leave everyone else to fend for themselves?

The way I see it, we fit culturally and academically as a city and University best with the PAC. We have many similarities to cities on the West Coast (LA, Oregon, Colorado), and our academic pedigree is in line with UCLA, USC, Stanford, etc.. However, our historic traditions and football exposure lines up best with the B1G. The Saturday experience goes well with the likes of Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, etc.. I think the SEC fits least with our brand.

NOOOOO!!!...We do NOT fit culturally with the PAC. I HATE west coast games.

BBQ > tofu
Dunkin Doughnut> Starbucks
Tex Mex > mango salsa
refried beans > black beans
Our DPS patroling the Border > sanctuary cities
Anybody > Dianne Fienstein
Beer-bourbon>wine
booming state economy> bankruptcy
Port A > Santa Monica or any other beach where you have to wear a wet suit to get in the water...

give me some time and I will come up with a few thousand more....

For us? Or for Jimbo? Because Jimbo allows crab leg theft. Oh and rape.
My guess is neither back off. Question is which side pretends they backed off, when they don't land him. It is all pretty predictable after you watch recruiting battles for years.

Reactions: q1w2e3

BBQ > tofu
Tex Mex > mango salsa
Beer-bourbon>wine
Port A > Santa Monica or any other beach where you have to wear a wet suit to get in the water...

Lol. You have to admit my pods/scenario fit quite well. Relax < 70% of our games will still be in texas. The road games would be at gorgeous destinations.

Lol. You have to admit my pods/scenario fit quite well. Relax < 70% of our games will still be in texas. The road games would be at gorgeous destinations.
What exactly is your proposal of the pods? 2 divisions and 4 total 4-team pods?

USC/UCLA/Stanford/???

Oregon/Oregon St/Washington/Wazzu

Colo/Utah/Arizona/ASU

Texas/Texas Tech/TCU/Baylor

There's no way Texas and Oklahoma would be broken up. TCU and Baylor probably get dropped again in favor of OU and Ok St.

BBQ > tofu
Tex Mex > mango salsa
Beer-bourbon>wine

Here are a couple of things - Shipley's Donuts instead of Dunkin Donuts and Whataburger > In-N-Out. I'm sure that more can be added to the list.

Here are a couple of things - Shipley's Donuts instead of Dunkin Donuts and Whataburger > In-N-Out. I'm sure that more can be added to the list.
Could not agree more on the donuts. Dunkin donuts are dog crap.

Hell guys...I was just thinking about the coffee....I could have even mentioned McDonalds which has damned good coffee. Besides...I was Spudnuts man myself...

MM props to you!...I ought to have my ass whipped for not having Whatburger over In n Out at the top of my list.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Hell guys...I was just thinking about the coffee....I could have even mentioned McDonalds which has damned good coffee. Besides...I was Spudnuts man myself...

MM props to you!...I ought to have my ass whipped for not having Whatburger over In n Out at the top of my list.

Can not believe Whataburger wasn't at the top of your list. Smh

What exactly is your proposal of the pods? 2 divisions and 4 total 4-team pods?

USC/UCLA/Stanford/???

Oregon/Oregon St/Washington/Wazzu

Colo/Utah/Arizona/ASU

Texas/Texas Tech/TCU/Baylor

There's no way Texas and Oklahoma would be broken up. TCU and Baylor probably get dropped again in favor of OU and Ok St.

Pod 1 West ~ USC, UCLA, STAN, CAL
Pod 2 West ~ Wash, Wash St., Oreg, Or St.

Pod 1 East ~ Tex, Tex Tech, Bay, TCU
Pod 2 East ~ Ariz, Ar St., Colo, Utah

I don't think the Texas teams split up. We will need friends, yes?

Ou & Osu B1G west division which completes the B1G @ 16 teams.

SEC needs 2 more ~ Kansas & K St. to go with Mizzou? for 16 teams

ACC adds W. Virginia for 16 teams

Winner of each division goes to the playoff.

With this scenario we could play OU and A&M without worry of a beauty pageant because the div champ goes automatically.

My guess is neither back off. Question is which side pretends they backed off, when they don't land him. It is all pretty predictable after you watch recruiting battles for years.
That’s the aggy M.O. RC didn’t offer... It wasn’t commitable...

BBQ > tofu
Tex Mex > mango salsa
Beer-bourbon>wine

Oldhorn I will someday but you a few beers. You are a wise man and our alignment is really, really good. And that’s really really hard to achieve.

Reactions: oldhorn2
That’s the aggy M.O. RC didn’t offer... It wasn’t commitable...
If he sticks with you guys, you'll hear we backed off. It won't be true, but you'll hear it. If he flips, the same will happen. Politicians, attorneys, boxing judges and recruiting analysts don't keep their jobs if they are honest.

Reactions: Nick.Harris15
If he sticks with you guys, you'll hear we backed off. It won't be true, but you'll hear it. If he flips, the same will happen.
I disagree. I see this dishonesty mostly from aggys. We can admit when we lose a recruit.

I disagree. I see this dishonesty mostly from aggys. We can admit when we lose a recruit.
The best thing that could happen for Texas this weekend is for A&M to get destroyed by Alabama while we are at least competitive with TCU. Take that back...the BEST thing would be for us to beat TCU. However, in my book, merely playing competitive and even if we lose if it looks like a good game and we lose by less than 7, that'll be a monumental step forward.

Reactions: LonghornMM
We just need to beat those guys. They’ve absolutely owned us lately.

The best thing that could happen for Texas this weekend is for A&M to get destroyed by Alabama while we are at least competitive with TCU. Take that back...the BEST thing would be for us to beat TCU. However, in my book, merely playing competitive and even if we lose if it looks like a good game and we lose by less than 7, that'll be a monumental step forward.
F moral victories. We either win or lose.

ADVERTISEMENT