ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

Good stuff. Gunnell decommitted from aggy a couple of days ago, by the way.

Good call. I'll fix that.

Also had to change Tyler Johnson's visit status. He did not make it to the event due to illness. Interestingly he did make it to OU on Saturday. Initial plan was to be in Austin on Sunday. Not sure if we should be reading anything into that, hopefully not. With Kenyon Green leaning strong to TAMU, landing Tyler Johnson is imperative as those two are the stud tackles in the state (and nation).

idk how you guys possibly keep up with all this, but kudos.

I have a twitter and I only follow texas recruiting reporters. 5 minutes scrolling on twitter keeps me up to date. I like to write and posts things on the board about it to organize things in my own way.

Texas recently offered 5 star DT Faatui Tuitele out of Hawaii.

This would usually just seem like a shot in the dark type of offer but Faatui has announced that he plans to visit Texas this spring. It'll be a tough hill to climb to get him to play in Austin over the top west coasts schools but we are at least in that fight.

Jake Langi is a recruiting assistant and his presence has been huge with recruits who have polynesian backgrounds. Recent commit Junior Angilau is probably not in Austin without Langi and it seems he has been a huge reason Stacey Wilkins and now Tuitele have or will visit this cycle.

https://247sports.com/Player/Faatui-Tuitele-92994

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

Other sites seem to think we have two silents that could drop at any time.
2536j2.jpg

Reactions: q1w2e3
aggie got Dermani Richardson that's 2 in top 5 in state . Looks like we better get busy .

On another note......safety is not as big as a concern after the class of Safety/Corner TEXAS just signed. Of course it would be nice to stack 5 stars on top of 5 stars like Bama but to achieve this TEXAS.....again....has to win on the field. Personally I'd love to focus on mainly OL/DL to have that quality and depth you need to win in the trenches. I trust Herman and company know what they are doing....im not worried..... just yet.

Texas offered Richardson I don't like losing any recruits to anyone Texas wants . I agree we need OL /DL really bad and hopefully develop a real TE which is key for Herman offensive philosophy.

On another note......safety is not as big as a concern after the class of Safety/Corner TEXAS just signed. Of course it would be nice to stack 5 stars on top of 5 stars like Bama but to achieve this TEXAS.....again....has to win on the field. Personally I'd love to focus on mainly OL/DL to have that quality and depth you need to win in the trenches. I trust Herman and company know what they are doing....im not worried..... just yet.

Agree.

Games are still won and lost on the LOS.

Win and be better at the end of the year than the beginning and recruiting will be fine.

Reactions: cml7374
Our last DB class was insane. And Jimbo was going to get a recruiting bump this year (until he shows he really is average). It’s not rocket science we’re going to lose some top flight DBs who want to play immediately.

Yep. One of their commits literally told a reporter that he could not consider Texas because the competition in the defensive backfield was too much and promptly committed to A&M lol.

I read we’re only taking 3 DBs this cycle. We’ll get 3 good ones, not worried.

Our last DB class was insane. And Jimbo was going to get a recruiting bump this year (until he shows he really is average). It’s not rocket science we’re going to lose some top flight DBs who want to play immediately.
After a year or two, the shine will wear off and players will get tired of jimbo’s arrogance/control issues. It’s gonna take a once in a decade type QB and elite talent lead defense for jimbos type of team to reach SEC title game/playoffs. He underachieved more years than not with the top Florida talent that he stocked up on at FSU. Too many 2-4 loss years with that type of talent and schedule he played...

Reactions: Scholz and q1w2e3
I think the 2019 class could be even better than the 2018 class, and the best to hit UT in awhile. I think we have go get some wins though to reel these guys in. If Herman can show Texas is “back” I think recruits will start flying in.

Funny thing happened to me this morning.....have this aggie friend (well acquaintance) who was talking smack about how the 2018 TEXAS class was inflated in the rankings because of all the high ranking safeties and corners we took last year. I saw him today and asked him why aggie jimbo was inflating that aggie 2019 class by getting all these highly ranked safeties and corners to verbally commit. Told me it was different because......i cut him off and said "because aggie always have a double standard" i just smiled and he just looked down and walked away. Thought it was pretty funny way to start a monday.

ADVERTISEMENT