ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

After the TCU win he said he wanted to see Texas 'play a real defense like OU' to evaluate. He's not coming here.
If there is a second RB for 2020 I want Ty Jordan for his speed.

He thought OU had a real defense? Lol. Ok I'm officially no longer a fan of Evans. A comment that dumb should disqualify him from UT.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Anyone got any links to the comments that Evans purportedly made? The time I've been around him and the comments from people who know him and those in the NS program are nothing but good. He's a not a bad kid at all, and has a tremendous work ethic.

Anyone got any links to the comments that Evans purportedly made? The time I've been around him and the comments from people who know him and those in the NS program are nothing but good. He's a not a bad kid at all, and has a tremendous work ethic.

He has been making the comments on twitter and then deleting. His brother has been doing the same. The comment about Texas barely beating Georgia is well known. It's all well documented in the Surly 2020 recruiting tread. It's over 500 pages so you may want to take some time off.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM

I agree with you 100%

But he is not coming here. We have our 5'star running back and Robinson is the perfect fit for our offense. Evan will be a great back but it's going to be for Bama, LSU, or some other team, not Texas.

As his mom has said, she doesn't expect him to stay in the state.

He has been making the comments on twitter and then deleting. His brother has been doing the same. The comment about Texas barely beating Georgia is well known. It's all well documented in the Surley 2020 recruiting tread. It's over 500 pages so you may want to take some time off.

Evans clearly didn't watch the Georgia game. Georgias offense sucked.

Well, it seems like Herman tends to get some flips go his way. So there's that.

Caden Sterns was a flip from LSU.

Time for a few flips!

When our class fills up early (see the Mack years) and there isn't room for those 4 and 5 star athletes remaining, it "worries" me.

Now, with our class so slow to develop, it also worries me that it won't fill out.
  1. What's going on?
  2. Should I be concerned?
They know what they are doing and it will be a good class. Tom and the staff have also come up with a few surprise commitments each year and I expect this year to be the same. They are also very good at evaluating talent in relation to their schematic approach. They know what they want and what the performance potential for a kid is..think Ojomo...he is going to be very good.. Again the staff knows what they are doing and it should be easy to sell our non conference schedule and playoff potential and 2021 is off to a good start as Tom altered his approach for that class.. Beat LSU and HookEm..!!!!

They know what they are doing and it will be a good class. Tom and the staff have also come up with a few surprise commitments each year and I expect this year to be the same. They are also very good at evaluating talent in relation to their schematic approach. They know what they want and what the performance potential for a kid is..think Ojomo...he is going to be very good.. Again the staff knows what they are doing and it should be easy to sell our non conference schedule and playoff potential and 2021 is off to a good start as Tom altered his approach for that class.. Beat LSU and HookEm..!!!!
I'm not implying anything but your screen name is interesting. FSU alum or claiming your roots?

Apparently Lingberg and C Thompson Jr. committed recently (Georgia and Auburn).

Both had lots of CB's in Texas' favor. Any insight?
From what I was able to gather online: Lindberg- the OL coach at Georgia really sold him. His mom was all Texas, and the assumption that he was a lock to Texas from all outside sources actually hindered Texas in his recruitment.
Thompson: was neck and neck until the end. Haven't seen anything on his recruitment as far as an explanation. Some people just want to leave home.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Check out his tape. Very good get at CB! Speed for days but more importantly, great break on the ball. Most of his INTs are because he breaks back to the ball quicker than the WR. Very good ball skills, on deep balls he becomes the receiver. Once he gets the ball he's hard to stop on the return. Has some limited WR highlights but it does seem he could be a 4 star WR too if he wanted.

Lastly he is physical with a capital F. Very important skill for DBs in our league where you have to come up, take on a blocker and make a tackle in the quick WR screen game.

He will need to put some weight on, listed at 160 right now but I'd imagine he will be able to make progress on that on his own and then even quicker with Yancy.

Collins because we have Bijan. Ringo because he might be the best player in the country. Dude is NFL ready right now. (No Hyperbole) .

Ringo is working out with a lot of NFL players and from reports he is more than holding his own. He runs a 10.4 100 meters. He is incredibly strong and he is making very advanced players have trouble getting off the line. I watched a video of him with an NFL trainer and he performed at an incredible level. If you enter his name into youtube you will see what I'm talking about. Honestly this kid is wasting his time playing college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT