ADVERTISEMENT

Can we slow down the Washington……

We'll see UW hasn't won anything but a P12 championship and as far as Defense. P12 doesn't really play any. They struggled against a 1-6 AZ team. I've definitely been wrong before though. I think we're peaking at the right time and I believe we're going to see a great game from Texas.

A) P12 better top to bottom than the B12 this year

B) How many teams did we struggle against?

C) We are peaking at the right time.

D) Zero doubt we see a great game, likely the best of the playoffs/bowls.

Jeez... Y'all's vaginas are flapping all over this thread...I say it now....y'all are gonna be embarrassed at how easy this game is gonna be. You think Vegas is made of buffoons?
I hope you’re right but watching the a few times this year, their offense can hit you quick and put some points up if they get rolling.
As far as Vegas goes, they had Oregon at -9 1/2. Remind me again how that worked out for the Ducks.

Reactions: diadevic and westx
A) P12 better top to bottom than the B12 this year

B) How many teams did we struggle against?

C) We are peaking at the right time.

D) Zero doubt we see a great game, likely the best of the playoffs/bowls.
My bad not sure why I said 1-7 AZ record.

We've struggled in games god knows. I hope we're done with that shit.

I still think we've played tougher Defenses than they have.

Jeez... Y'all's vaginas are flapping all over this thread...I say it now....y'all are gonna be embarrassed at how easy this game is gonna be. You think Vegas is made of buffoons?
Well the most overrated stat in college fb is good as your last game. And as far as Vegas goes hey they were the ones that Oregon would win by 9.

Hey Washington beat Oregon twice probably the 2 best games in the country this year. They also beat Oregon State and Arizona who btw is favored to beat Oklahoma. And we will be going against the Heisman winner and the best receiving corps we'll see this year. And as far as air raid offenses go Kalen Deboer ain't no Mike Leach.

Take these guys seriously.

I've been on record as saying that Washington was my least desirable matchup of the CFP. Penix has the ability to exploit our biggest weakness on our defense. After watching more video on Washington, I think txleapd is correct. Penix doesn't like to get hit, which with his injury history is understandable. While he is pretty good at moving around the pocket to create time for his receivers, he's not by any means elite in that category. He's nowhere near as elusive as Gabriel, Milroe, or a few others we've seen this year. He'll hit a few big ones because he's that accurate on the move but if we can keep containment and pressure him, we should be able to force enough punts to give QE a chance to get out in front.
Milroe was about as elusive as Tyrone Swoops. A freakin human rain delay

Vegas had Oregon as double digit favorites over Washington in the Pac 12 CCG and they were completely wrong. I just can't find anything easy about this matchup. Our weakness is the back end our secondary. Their strength is their vertical passing game. I would love nothing more than for us to blow the doors off of them. I just don't see how it's going to be that easy myself.

I think this is a Fantastic matchup and can't wait to watch the game. I really think it is going to be about like the OU/UT game this year, score wise and team with the ball last wins, provided the turnovers are about the same. If UT turns it over 3 times to zero or if UW turns it over 3 times to zero, then I could see it being closer to a 10-13 point win for whomever has the +3 turnover margin. Both of these offenses are operating at a high level so turnovers could be disastrous.

Texas will slow the game down and use the run game to keep penix on the bench

I think we'll be fine. Keep the TO to 0-1 and we got this. They're D isn't the greatest and we have a good enough offense to keep us ahead. Sark keeps his head on straight and we'll be in my hometown playing Alabama.

Reactions: hookem777
I went back and watched the Alamo Bowl from last year because I forgot what it really looked like. We should have won that game by 20 points. Quinn actually played pretty well but we just couldn’t convert any 3rd downs and is inexperience showed at times. Worthy had 2 key drops that were ultimately the difference in that game.

The defense actually played pretty well and held their offense in check. Penix finished with under 300 yards. They ran the ball all over us though. I don’t see that happening this year though. Our run defense is a lot better. Terrance Brooks dropped an interception late in the 4th or we would have had a chance to tie the game up.

Reactions: westx
I went back and watched the Alamo Bowl from last year because I forgot what it really looked like. We should have won that game by 20 points. Quinn actually played pretty well but we just couldn’t convert any 3rd downs and is inexperience showed at times. Worthy had 2 key drops that were ultimately the difference in that game.

The defense actually played pretty well and held their offense in check. Penix finished with under 300 yards. They ran the ball all over us though. I don’t see that happening this year though. Our run defense is a lot better. Terrance Brooks dropped an interception late in the 4th or we would have had a chance to tie the game up.
I was worried about their ability to exploit the back of our D. I still think they have the ability to hurt us there but they shouldn’t be able to run at all. A 1 dimensional offense is predictable and that’s a bad thing.
Worthy had the broken hand last year. Don’t expect drops this year. As long as Sark doesn’t turtle up, we should move on.

I was worried about their ability to exploit the back of our D. I still think they have the ability to hurt us there but they shouldn’t be able to run at all. A 1 dimensional offense is predictable and that’s a bad thing.
Worthy had the broken hand last year. Don’t expect drops this year. As long as Sark doesn’t turtle up, we should move on.
You HAVE to create pressure upfront to eliminate the Lack of DB skill. If we can cause pressure all game to Penix we wont have to worry about the db's

Washingtons coach just beat Sark for Coach of the year...Lets hope Sark takes it personal! Give them the Coach of the Year...hell give them the Heisman! Give us the Win

Reactions: LongfellowDrew

Well the most overrated stat in college fb is good as your last game. And as far as Vegas goes hey they were the ones that Oregon would win by 9.

Hey Washington beat Oregon twice probably the 2 best games in the country this year. They also beat Oregon State and Arizona who btw is favored to beat Oklahoma. And we will be going against the Heisman winner and the best receiving corps we'll see this year. And as far as air raid offenses go Kalen Deboer ain't no Mike Leach.

Take these guys seriously.
I’m not playing. I’m in my late 50s. I don’t care how serious I need to take them.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Washingtons coach just beat Sark for Coach of the year...Let’s hope Sark takes it personal! Give them the Coach of the Year...hell give them the Heisman! Give us the Win
My guess is Sark doesn’t care. He’s making a ton of dough and his next step to greatness (and more dough) is winning, and only one trophy matters. He doesn’t care about a beauty pageant.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
I think this team’s ability to get pressure with 4 takes the deep throw away.

All the HUGE Washington fans on YouTube think we can't stop them and blah blah blah after a Joe Klatt video posted ill find the video and post it here.

I say we will almost score at will. I also think they will struggle to try and keep up. This can lead to turnovers. This game has..." can get out of hand quickly" written all over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT