ADVERTISEMENT

Can we slow down the Washington……

All I keep reading is Washington prolific passing attack that can't be stopped cause of our sucky pass defense.....I can't wait for this damn game so we can shut them up!
We can't hold up in coverage long so we need to blitz the hell out of him and put him on the ground early and often. Anthony Hill needs to make sure his teeth are good and sharp.

why oh why is everyone all trembly thinking about the UW offense? SMDH!...yes, they are gonna get some yards.....some yards. They will have to throw for damned near all of them. Why is no one feeling sorry for the U Dub defense ( U Dub defense,,,just like the easter bunny.....aint no such thing). We are going to damn near score on them at will.

UW really had a pretty easy schedule. We are gonna find out if they even own any big boy pants.

why oh why is everyone all trembly thinking about the UW offense? SMDH!...yes, they are gonna get some yards.....some yards. They will have to throw for damned near all of them. Why is no one feeling sorry for the U Dub defense ( U Dub defense,,,just like the easter bunny.....aint no such thing). We are going to damn near score on them at will.

UW really had a pretty easy schedule. We are gonna find out if they even own any big boy pants.
I think it will be one of those games where it comes down the the last possession. Who will get the stop when it matters.

@oldhorn2 you can't be serious. They beat Oregon twice. They beat Arizona who's 13th and Oregon State who's 19th. They beat Utah and USC when they were ranked. Now if we kick their *** in the Sugar Bowl great. But we can't take them lightly. We've been down for a long time and now we're excited. Just don't put the cart in front of the horse.

Hookemhorns

Oldhorn, you see the light regarding AD Mitchell yet? Over 50 catches, 10 TDs, and one single drop all year.

Btw, AD has caught a TD pass in all 4 playoff games he’s been in….here’s to making it 6. 🍻

Metcalf....I like him....I just dont ever again want to see him do any downfield blocking....embarassing....

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Metcalf....I like him....I just dont ever again want to see him do any downfield blocking....embarassing....
He’s actually been blocking pretty well. No Whittington, but serviceable. Pay closer attention. Lol

We’re going to have to force them to run the ball. Flood the secondary full of defenders and make them run the ball. They’ll pick up some yards for sure but it’s going to take them out of their game script. Running the ball chewing clock on extended drives that hopefully end with FG’s would serve us well

Reactions: StainedOrange
Someone tell our pet troll that higher IQ schools can have a quality yet civil conversation. The Alaska guy is welcome here. Alaska, if you search the troll threads, you will encounter sub 80 IQ sooner knuckle dragging and general inbred behavior. There's a troll in this thread but he is more of a pet, kind of like a chihuahua that humps your leg. Anyway, steer clear of the lowbrows and welcome.
True… our pet, Bell is said to be Mexican AND hairless.

@oldhorn2 you can't be serious. They beat Oregon twice. They beat Arizona who's 13th and Oregon State who's 19th. They beat Utah and USC when they were ranked. Now if we kick their *** in the Sugar Bowl great. But we can't take them lightly. We've been down for a long time and now we're excited. Just don't put the cart in front of the horse.

Hookemhorns
Cali...that is the problem.UW is rated as high as they are because they beat Oregon twice. Oregon was the most over rated school in the country. The only 2 teams they played all year were LSU and UW. LSU was shown to be not up to par ....I am sorry. I just dont see what the big deal is about any PAC 12 school. I think Kansas with a healthy QB would have won that conference. I read an article today about the best offenses in the CFB playoffs. UW was mentioned as very good.....but Texas was top rated and the words "nightmare to defend" were used.
I tell you it will be easy

Cali...that is the problem.UW is rated as high as they are because they beat Oregon twice. Oregon was the most over rated school in the country. The only 2 teams they played all year were LSU and UW. LSU was shown to be not up to par ....I am sorry. I just dont see what the big deal is about any PAC 12 school. I think Kansas with a healthy QB would have won that conference. I read an article today about the best offenses in the CFB playoffs. UW was mentioned as very good.....but Texas was top rated and the words "nightmare to defend" were used.
I tell you it will be easy
I disagree about Oregon and the Pac XII was good this year better than the Big XII, Big X, and. ACC. I'm being very cautious.

Michigan is actually the most vulnerable. They had the weakest schedule of the 4. Yes they beat tOSU but they buckeyes qb wasn't very good. And I resent that beating Penn State is considered a quality win Texas and Alabama would beat Penn State. I'm telling you aside from their top 2 the Big X is a joke. I'm telling you Washington and Oregon are going to break up their little nest. The Big X as a whole is a joke tv money and all.

Of all the other schools Michigan would be easiest win.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
I think we beat Washington by 7 or less. They’re a good team have a very good QB who will be a challenge for us. I’m very impressed with how far this team and coaching staff have gone. If we win, I’d rather play Michigan but I think Bama wins that game. If we lose, we still had a great year and this program is finally on the right trajectory. Hookem.

If we lose??? There is a better chance that Taylor Swift is gonna call me and ask me to take her dancing than there is of us losing to UW....
If you feel that good about it, you should bet big on it. Texas is -4 last time I saw it.

Took me awhile to figure out who Micheal Taaffe was, being a walk on and from Westlake. I now remember that state game he had against Quinn if I am not mistaken and he was everywhere on that field and got MVP. And forgot he decided to walk on instead of taking the offers he had. Now he has to be one of my favorite players great story for that kid.

Hook 'Em

The Longhorn Pass D is OK to Good .... not Great.

D will have to kick it up a notch and the O will have to light up the scoreboard .... both can happen.

The Longhorn Pass D is OK to Good .... not Great.

D will have to kick it up a notch and the O will have to light up the scoreboard .... both can happen.
If the refs let things go and allow a physical game, which they usually do in CFP games, Texas will play great D. If they start calling PI every time someone farts then it will be a close game.

Took me awhile to figure out who Micheal Taaffe was, being a walk on and from Westlake. I now remember that state game he had against Quinn if I am not mistaken and he was everywhere on that field and got MVP. And forgot he decided to walk on instead of taking the offers he had. Now he has to be one of my favorite players great story for that kid.

Hook 'Em
You mean Dylan Haines Jr???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT