ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard Arrested

Who makes that call that he’s guilty if charges were dropped and he isn’t found guilty by a court of law? Seems like a slippery slope.
The breach of contract for “conduct unbecoming” is worded like that for a reason. He doesn’t have to be found guilty for that clause to be used.

Can we get a name for the maggot infested boyfriend?

If this is true, he'll be coaching the next game. You don't go to your girlfriend's parents' house and sleep with her if her dad says no. Don't do it. I'd cheer him for doing this.

I can see the little bitch now.... calling the police on the phone after getting his ass whipped.
Quite the hypothetical that you’ve created…it’s clearly false now, but props for taking that leap.

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
Look, they can fire Beard if he has indeed broken the law. They would be stupid to do it if charges are dropped. They will have a fan revolt and an empty arena. Looks like an empty arena a la Shaka is coming regardless.

Can't wait for the first loss to an unranked team. I'm basically on the edge. As soon as I see fail creeping in, I'm out.

100%. Chris Ogden and Rodney Terry both are very capable coaches with history at UT… they’ll be fine for the rest of the year.
Those dudes have no tournament experience. Texas is not the place for learning on the job. This thing will unravel fast.

Those dudes have no tournament experience. Texas is not the place for learning on the job. This thing will unravel fast.
The thing is, it's Austin. Liberalville. He will now be claimed as a woman beater regardless if innocent or guilty. They won't keep him . MBB is fked

Rodney Terry took Fresno state to the tournament, and he has 11 years as a HC under his belt. Not to mention several years at Texas under Barnes. Under the circumstance I’m not sure you could have a better guy to step in. Is it an ideal situation? No but blame the HC for that

The thing is, it's Austin. Liberalville. He will now be claimed as a woman beater regardless if innocent or guilty. They won't keep him . MBB is fked
Why do people insist on everything being political ? This has nothing to do with Austin being liberal. Very few schools would keep their coach under these circumstances. In fact the only reason he even has a chance to survive this is because he has a history at Texas and is liked.

The breach of contract for “conduct unbecoming” is worded like that for a reason. He doesn’t have to be found guilty for that clause to be used.
If UT determines not to pay, then Beard would have to sue. And the issue would be - did he violate the clause. In a roundabout way - a court will end up hearing the case. And in a civil court, to win he has to prove by a preponderance of evidence (as opposed to criminal - which is the much more stringent beyond a reasonable doubt). I highly doubt he would want to open that can of worms in a court hearing.

Why do people insist on everything being political ? This has nothing to do with Austin being liberal. Very few schools would keep their coach under these circumstances. In fact the only reason he even has a chance to survive this is because he has a history at Texas and is liked.
OU kept Stoops (and Mixon) after Mixon punched the girl.

If UT determines not to pay, then Beard would have to sue. And the issue would be - did he violate the clause. In a roundabout way - a court will end up hearing the case. And in a civil court, to win he has to prove by a preponderance of evidence (as opposed to criminal - which is the much more stringent beyond a reasonable doubt). I highly doubt he would want to open that can of worms in a court hearing.
Correct. I doubt he would sue because that could open up some things he doesn’t want too

Regardless of if there are charges filed and whether or not he is found guilty the police were called and he was arrested. Obviously the situation was not good

So what if he got caught surfing hershey highways at a ****** bar? Sodomy used to be against the law.

Pretty much ^^^^. At this point, I am losing my patience with CDC. His women's sports are doing well but men's sports suck. Let's be honest. Football is still a mess, now mbb is a disaster, and baseball is underwhelming. meh. I'm not caring at the moment.

So what if he got caught surfing hershey highways at a ****** bar? Sodomy used to be against the law.

Pretty much ^^^^. At this point, I am losing my patience with CDC. His women's sports are doing well but men's sports suck. Let's be honest. Football is still a mess, now mbb is a disaster, and baseball is underwhelming. meh. I'm not caring at the moment.

How in the world is this MBB situation on CDC??? LOL.

It ain't me lol. Take a look outside. It's what ppl do now days. I agree it's dumb but is what it is

Reactions: weevilcatch
They will come to an agreement to where he resigns and gets a portion of his contract so that things don't get messy for either side.

Take a deep breath, you're going to be ok.

Mixon did. And he didn't get the boot. If that happened at UT - do you think Sark would keep his job? I highly doubt it.
In todays world where we take domestic violence more seriously(and rightly so) Mixon would of been kicked off the team

Mixon sat out a game. That's all. Domestic disputes are personal issues just like blue dresses with XXXX under a desk.
Domestic disputes are personal issues… until the cops get called and you get arrested. Then it’s no longer a personal issue

Reactions: JustAHorn88

They are in the top 10 this season and only have 1 loss. How in the world is that considered a disaster? Unless you can see in the future and know how this season plays out then I don't see how you could say that. Then on top of that the football program appears to be on the upswing as well. A bowl win and 9-4 finish is not a terrible follow up to a 5-7 season.

Reactions: hookem777

Umm...what? Football is at minimum back to where it was when Herman was here. MBB is performing at the level of a final four team before this disaster, and baseball was just at the world series? Director's cup? Fan engagement. Bevo Blvd...

Umm...what? Football is at minimum back to where it was when Herman was here. MBB is performing at the level of a final four team before this disaster, and baseball was just at the world series? Director's cup? Fan engagement. Bevo Blvd...
No, football is not where Herman was. Granted Herman was going into the tank, but that was because he was an awful human, Sark has some issues too. He's trying to force his passing game and it's not working. Anyway, Beard was the lone bright spot in a culture of losing that plagues Texas.

The non revenue and women's sports are great but I only follow volleyball. We all know that football and basketball are the sports that matter.

It will be a disaster if Beard is let go. I don't have confidence that the dunces running the show will get a guy that is better than Beard. It's a small field of contenders that have played in the national title game. Anything outside of that is a step backward.

Last edited:
They are in the top 10 this season and only have 1 loss. How in the world is that considered a disaster? Unless you can see in the future and know how this season plays out then I don't see how you could say that. Then on top of that the football program appears to be on the upswing as well. A bowl win and 9-4 finish is not a terrible follow up to a 5-7 season.
The reason Texas is top 10 is because of Chris Beard. Take that away and it's the crapper. Just a fact of life. Players come here because he's a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT