ADVERTISEMENT

Dear aggies

Especially urban, inner-city African American 16-18 year olds with zero ties to Aggie or College Station. How can they visit and be like this feels like home. I’m Hispanic, and that place just doesn’t feel right to me, seeing all those white dudes dressed up and yelling weird chants lol.
Dude, Hispanics are in the corps. They play right along. It's creepy.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Stole this from texags

This is all starting to have a 2017 feel to it.

That of course was the year Aggies started the season at UCLA, coming off of 3 straight 8-5 seasons. What should have been a big road win turned into a disaster loss. Aggie finished 7-5 that year with a season ending loss to LSU that ended Coach Sumlin's tenure.

Much like Sumlin in 2017, Jimbo is entering his sixth season in the program. And what could have been a big road win today ended up as an extremely disappointing loss. Looking at the schedule ahead, 7-5 is definitely in play (to be honest, a repeat 5-7 year isn't out of the question).

Relaxed Rachel Brosnahan GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Stole this from texags

This is all starting to have a 2017 feel.

That of course was the year Aggies started the season at UCLA, coming off of 3 straight 8-5 seasons. What should have been a big road win turned into a disaster loss. Aggie finished 7-5 that year with a season ending loss to LSU that ended Coach Sumlin's tenure.

Much like Sumlin in 2017, Jimbo is entering his sixth season in the program. And what could have been a big road win today ended up as an extremely disappointing loss. Looking at the schedule ahead, 7-5 is definitely in play (to be honest, a repeat 5-7 year isn't out of the question).
Jimbo's not going anywhere he's got at least 7 years remaining on a guaranteed contract.

Jimbo's not going anywhere he's got at least 7 years remaining on a guaranteed contract.
If Jimbo has another 5-7 or 6-6 type of season, I think the Aggies will have a very hard decision to make. Seems like most of the fans have turned on him and starting to realize he’s not the guy.

Imagine waking up as an Aggie today after getting embarrassed by an unranked Miami team, and your arch rival just beat your new conference rival on prime time tv in glorious fashion.

If Jimbo has another 5-7 or 6-6 type of season, I think the Aggies will have a very hard decision to make. Seems like most of the fans have turned on him and starting to realize he’s not the guy.
SMU managed to raise $200 million to get into the ACC. I have no doubt that A&M could find $75 million if they have a SECOND STRAIGHT LOSING SEASON.

You know your coach sucks whenever your arch rival hopes and prays you keep him on lol. I remember in Mack’s last years at Texas, Aggies sold a maroon shirt that said “Keep Mack.” Would love to see a similar Keep Jimbo shirt :)

Hahaha I remember that! Let's start it now!

Texas A&M records through 62 games

Kevin Sumlin: 43-19
Jimbo Fisher: 40-22

+ Texas A&M: 1-7 in last 8 games vs. Power Five teams

+ Aggies: 7 straight losses on road (most in SEC)

+ Fisher: 48-33 loss at Miami was coach's first road/neutral loss in state of Florida (15-1)

Texas A&M records through 62 games

Kevin Sumlin: 43-19
Jimbo Fisher: 40-22

+ Texas A&M: 1-7 in last 8 games vs. Power Five teams

+ Aggies: 7 straight losses on road (most in SEC)

+ Fisher: 48-33 loss at Miami was coach's first road/neutral loss in state of Florida (15-1)
And they think that Jimbo is to blame....

Jimbo hasn’t won a true road game since October 16, 2021 @Mizzou. Aggies remaining true road games this year are #11 Tennessee, #17 Ole Miss, and #14 LSU. There is a very real possibility Jimbo’s next road win will not happen until 2024 (if that).

Vegas just released odds for cfb coaches to be fired. Jimbo leads the pack.

Jimbo Fisher (Texas A&M) 4/1
Butch Jones (Arkansas State) 5/1
Danny Gonzales (New Mexico) 5/1
Tony Elliott (Virginia) 5/1
Neal Brown (West Virginia) 6/1
Tom Allen (Indiana) 7/1
Jeff Haley (Boston College) 9/1
Dino Babers (Syracuse) 10/1
Justin Wilcox (California) 10/1
Dana Holgerson (Houston) 12/1
Brent Venables (Oklahoma) 16/1

https://www.si.com/college/group-fi...coach-fired-in-2023-college-football-gambling

Reactions: westx
In 2007, Bama lost to ULM which set off their decade+ run of dominance. I think its obvious what the Aggies need to do today against ULM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT