ADVERTISEMENT

Former Longhorn AA Bob Mckay was elected into the college fb hof

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I don't how besides old timers like me and Flour Bluff remember Bob McKay he was an AA ol on the nc team in 1969. He is now the 18th Longhorn in the college fb hall of fame.

But I just looked this up. Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Penn have more players in the hof than we do. Damn, that's kind of embarrassing =)roll

All Longhorns, no matter what our age, or if we remember this OT, say:

Hook 'em, Horns!

to Bob McKay. And thanks for being part of the 1969 national championship team under Coach Royal.
th

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldmanastro
It was not until the advent of TV in more households caused the college game of football to really take off.
I don't how besides old timers like me and Flour Bluff remember Bob McKay he was an AA ol on the nc team in 1969. He is now the 18th Longhorn in the college fb hall of fame.

But I just looked this up. Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Penn have more players in the hof than we do. Damn, that's kind of embarrassing =)roll
I remember him and Texas ran the wishbone when he played.The wishbone was a running formation and the guys on the offensive line were maulers.The opponents knew Texas was going to run the ball and still could not stop it and McKay was one of the big reasons why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT