ADVERTISEMENT

Hot off the presses

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
MSU has already found a replacement for Mark Dantonio the beleaguered coach who resigned in disgrace last week. Melvin Tucker the current hc at CO. Why did he leave? That's simple money. But he's stepped into the fire in East Lansing. MSU is going to get hit hard with sanctions. Their recruiting has suffered in the last few years. In fact CO had a better recruiting class than MSU. A few years ago I read that the state of MI is in a depressed state economically. By comparison CO has flourished. And while I've never been to East Lansing, MI it can't possibly be a nicer looking town than Boulder, CO. And CO does have some tradition especially in the 90's. They got a cool mascot and an idyllic setting for fb better than MSU that's for sure. But MT is a black man and Boulder, CO aint known for its diversity so maybe that was a reason. And if that's part of it than I can certainly sympathize with the man. But all in all I think MT is making a mistake. For goodness sake MSU just got swept by a Pac XII team, AZS, to be exact. But like Jimbo in college station he's counting his money. It just gets worse and worse for the Pac XII.

Last edited:
Well upon further investigation I found out that MT is a Big X guy played at WI. And the Big X is about to cash in on a huge tv paycheck in 2023.

And the Pac XII keeps falling behind. The Pac XII has by far the lowest paid coaches among the P5 conferences. MT just doubled his salary. They also spend the lowest in recruiting per school. And the irony is that Larry Scott, the Pac XII comissioner, is by far the best paid conference commissioner.

MSU has already found a replacement for Mark Dantonio the beleaguered coach who resigned in disgrace last week. Melvin Tucker the current hc at CO. Why did he leave? That's simple money. But he's stepped into the fire in East Lansing. MSU is going to get hit hard with sanctions. Their recruiting has suffered in the last few years. In fact CO had a better recruiting class than MSU. A few years ago I read that the state of MI is in a depressed state economically. By comparison CO has flourished. And while I've never been to East Lansing, MI it can't possibly be a nicer looking town than Boulder, CO. And CO does have some tradition especially in the 90's. They got a cool mascot and an idyllic setting for fb better than MSU that's for sure. But MT is a black man and Boulder, CO aint known for its diversity so maybe that was a reason. And if that's part of it than I can certainly sympathize with the man. But all in all I think MT is making a mistake. For goodness sake MSU just got swept by a Pac XII team, AZS, to be exact. But like Jimbo in college station he's counting his money. It just gets worse and worse for the Pac XII.
" few years ago I read..."
Solid sources for a poorly reasoned post

And now CO has settled on Karl Dorrell. He has ties to the school I guess that matters. But Darrn Chiaverini a longtime coach would have been a better choice. He has ties to the school that are more impressive than KD. Not a good choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT