ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder to all Aggys

Brian Williams did not want to compete with Caden Sterns.
Sterns is the real diamond. Williams is a great S and an even better student but he is afraid of competition.

Texas has room for only one more WR.
With the situation around Wilson I think UT made the right decision.
Wilson is the one who has stood out

Richardson??
Texas is in the running for Lewis Cine

Herb Hand rated Johnson ahead of Green.

Cupp was a lost.
UT could always go back but I don't think they rated the other two any lower

Leal is their second rated DT behind the DT from Louisiana.
Leal is the only prize that Aggy has over UT this recruiting cycle, IMO.
Good to know. Nice to find someone on this site with real insider knowledge, and a great understanding of how recruiting works. Gold star for you.

By the way, do you mind if I cut and paste some of recruiting insider nuggets on other sites? I think many of the posters would really enjoy your analysis.

Last edited:
Good to know. Nice to find someone on this site with real insider knowledge, and a great understanding of how recruiting works. Gold star for you.

If Aggy ever won something in real life you could actually brag about something that no one could question.

UT's recruiting class so far has been a present surprise except with Leal.

To have 3 great out of state recruits after a 7-6 season proves that Herman and his staff can get it done.

Texas is still in the running for numerous Top 100 prospects.

So, if Herman and UT hit a home run in 2018 with a 10 win season don't you expect a lot more of these top end recruits to commit.

This always cracks me up coming from Ags as they have all the same advantages plus being closer to both Houston and Dallas.
Only DB UT missed out on so far is Derek Stingley Jr
If LSU blows up this year UT will make another move on him

Texas and Florida are the only other schools he visited.

Him at corner would put UT in the discussion as one of the greatest secondaries in CFB the last 30 years.
so to sum up the above posts, every single kid really wants to come to Texas but they are 2nd tier if Texas doesn’t allow them to come play. Got it.

Reactions: BobWeltlich
so to sum up the above posts, every single kid really wants to come to Texas but they are 2nd tier if Texas doesn’t allow them to come play. Got it.

Jimbo has done an excellent job at selling A&M and limiting UT but he has made a gamble.

The gamble being Aggy wins if UT stays at 7 and 8 wins and A&M does better this year than UT did under year 1 of Herman and they make the jump next year to a Top 10 program.

Herman to many has already created the program that Jimbo wants

Would love to rehash this discussion come December

Last edited:
O'Neal might end up having to play rover, I'll give you that. But he is also not a member of this years class. He was part of last year's transition class. Both schools struggled with their transition class, Herman more so than Jimbo imo. Neither was great.

The DB's you picked up last year and the one's we picked up this year didn't require genius level ratings by coaches. It required recruiting them and hopefully being able to sign them. I believe 100% of those guys were top 250 composite guys. So Einstein wasn't required to find some hidden gem.
Most of Fisher's transition class was all Sumlin's guys he left him. Fisher did snag a few decent guys on signing day though. Herman was in a totally different situation. He didn't get handed a class by Strong. He was left a class of FIVE guys, that's it. And early returns look like he might have done a great job at evals with that class. I would bet a this point Texas' transition class has more actual success than Fisher's.

Most of Fisher's transition class was all Sumlin's guys he left him. Fisher did snag a few decent guys on signing day though. Herman was in a totally different situation. He didn't get handed a class by Strong. He was left a class of FIVE guys, that's it. And early returns look like he might have done a great job at evals with that class. I would bet a this point Texas' transition class has more actual success than Fisher's.

He failed by giving out too many scholarships to players at the last minute.
Meaning that UT has more scholarships to give out in year 3 of Herman recruiting than Jimbo does in year 2

Jimbo has done an excellent job at selling A&M and limiting UT but he has made a gamble.

The gamble being Aggy wins if UT stays at 7 and 8 wins and A&M does better this year than UT did under year 1 of Herman and they make the jump next year to a Top 10 program.

Herman to many has already created the program that Jimbo wants

Would love to rehash this discussion come December
Texas SHOULD be a top 10 program with current teams in conference. OU is only team that recruits worth a crud. If Herman has better athletes and can’t win then he needs to go. What has Herman established you mentioned above. Maybe I didn’t understand what you were saying.

Texas SHOULD be a top 10 program with current teams in conference. OU is only team that recruits worth a crud. If Herman has better athletes and can’t win then he needs to go. What has Herman established you mentioned above. Maybe I didn’t understand what you were saying.

A defense.......
Let's cut the conference bullshit.

A&M because of the SEC should have a better defense.
A school like Mizzou put up 45 on the SEC East last year.
UT destroyed them in the bowl game.

Being physical. SC is afraid that UT will knock around their team again and put some of their players on the sideline.

Another golden nugget. I'd say Herman and maybe Saban are the standard. No. Probably just Tom.

The difference between Nick Saban and Jimbo is a lot more than Saban and Herman

Jimbo is a good coach and an excellent recruiter.
But.......
When Urban left Florida and when Miami was having issues Jimbo should have owned CFB

Jimbo did win one NC and make the CFP but he had a clear lane in Florida.

Funny how he left when Miami and Richt started taking his recruits.

Herman with Houston went in dry on Louisville and Lamar Jackson
Jackson and Louisville cucked FSU like Candi did Jimbo

Ok. I am giving up on this one. I thought I was making fun of you, and now I think you are trolling me. Well played sir, I think.

A defense.......
Let's cut the conference bullshit.

A&M because of the SEC should have a better defense.
A school like Mizzou put up 45 on the SEC East last year.
UT destroyed them in the bowl game.

Being physical. SC is afraid that UT will knock around their team again and put some of their players on the sideline.
You missed the point. A&M hasn’t recruited top defensive talent. Linebackers have been hard to come by. Say what you want..look at the numbers. OU is doing what they should. Better talent and doing what better talent should do. Do you look at recruiting every year and see that there aren’t any other teams that recruit well in the Big 12? You should be wiping the floors with these teams. If Jimbo keeps recruiting well you are right we should have a great defense. I love this class because it loaded with defense and not skill positions like Sumlin got.

The difference between Nick Saban and Jimbo is a lot more than Saban and Herman

Jimbo is a good coach and an excellent recruiter.
But.......
When Urban left Florida and when Miami was having issues Jimbo should have owned CFB

Jimbo did win one NC and make the CFP but he had a clear lane in Florida.

Funny how he left when Miami and Richt started taking his recruits.

Herman with Houston went in dry on Louisville and Lamar Jackson
Jackson and Louisville cucked FSU like Candi did Jimbo
Navy, Memphis, SMU, and San Diego St all went in dry on Herman. We can play this game if you want. I can list the teams that then cucked those 4 teams if you want.

Navy, Memphis, SMU, and San Diego St all went in dry on Herman. We can play this game if you want. I can list the teams that then cucked those 4 teams if you want.
Suggestion, if I may, don't know where you live, but I'd like to invite you to New Braunfels. I'm sure you've been at some point.

Just walk into any reputable establishment and ask for clob. I will get a call straightaway. We can have a beer and discuss your posting proclivities. I've invited MM before but he keeps finding a way to no-show me...... like I'm going to eat his babies or something....

Suggestion, if I may, don't know where you live, but I'd like to invite you to New Braunfels. I'm sure you've been at some point.

Just walk into any reputable establishment and ask for clob. I will get a call straightaway. We can have a beer and discuss your posting proclivities. I've invited MM before but he keeps finding a way to no-show me...... like I'm going to eat his babies or something....
I’m sure it would take a few beers to agree on something. But you know it kind of makes it fun to at least have something to go at it. These are the most lively conversations. I’d say more than half my friends are Longhorns and Sooners and it makes for some fun weekends. I played against many baseball players from both schools growing up and have hell of a lot of fun going back and forth with them.

Just like how K State mopped the floor with you while consistently being ranked at the bottom of the Big XII in recruiting.

Let me let you onto a little secret I will always take a hungry 3 star kid over an entitled 5 star.

Not saying you can't make the 5 star hungry. Saban has and will continue

Ed Reed was a 2 Star out of Louisiana
JJ Watt was a walk on

The coaching in the SEC has been horrible for the last few years.

Put Gary Patterson or Matt Campbell in the SEC.

It is how the coach rates them and then how they develop them.

Leon Slo'Neal was considered a top 100 player last year and UT rated him as a PWO.
A&M is building their future D around a S that runs a 4.86 40.

That means you can't play man coverage with your corners because your S can't cover ground

LSU and now UT are the two best schools at rating DBs.
He won’t be playing safety. He will end up at Rover.

I’m sure it would take a few beers to agree on something. But you know it kind of makes it fun to at least have something to go at it. These are the most lively conversations. I’d say more than half my friends are Longhorns and Sooners and it makes for some fun weekends. I played against many baseball players from both schools growing up and have hell of a lot of fun going back and forth with them.

Not all Aggies are bad but the ones who forget where they are from have no self respect if you ask me.

Just like how K State mopped the floor with you while consistently being ranked at the bottom of the Big XII in recruiting.

Let me let you onto a little secret I will always take a hungry 3 star kid over an entitled 5 star.

Not saying you can't make the 5 star hungry. Saban has and will continue

Ed Reed was a 2 Star out of Louisiana
JJ Watt was a walk on

The coaching in the SEC has been horrible for the last few years.

Put Gary Patterson or Matt Campbell in the SEC.
Doesn’t always work that way. Patterson may or may not make it. Strong looked great but Texas was too much for him. Patterson doesn’t get several weeks off in the SEC. It is a more physical conference. Big 12 spreads it out and plus on speed. Patterson can look great in those big games but doing it week in and week out is something else. Texas has been down. Let me see Patterson do something when he has to go through Texas and Oklahoma. I like Matt Campbell by the way.

Doesn’t always work that way. Patterson may or may not make it. Strong looked great but Texas was too much for him. Patterson doesn’t get several weeks off in the SEC. It is a more physical conference. Big 12 spreads it out and plus on speed. Patterson can look great in those big games but doing it week in and week out is something else. Texas has been down. Let me see Patterson do something when he has to go through Texas and Oklahoma. I like Matt Campbell by the way.

Missouri wouldn't have made a Bowl game in the Big XII last year.

That shows you how hard the SEC truly is....

Not all Aggies are bad but the ones who forget where they are from have no self respect if you ask me.
I've been best man in two aggy weddings, one guy you won't know, another was a player that you'd have to google--- and a groomsman for another aggy player that if I just told you his first name you'd know exactly who he is.

We all have our fun, but as the night winds down and reality sets in, even these guys, one normal aggy, one decent player aggy, and one aggy legend, will tell you the same thing:

"Ya, ya, ya, you're Texas. Which is why I went to AtM, because I wanted to build the underdog...... not ride the big dog. I just felt like bucking the trend..... for whatever reason an 18 year old bucks trends....".

This was precluded by "I'll never admit this in public....".

There you have it.

Jeezus, when will you get over making up this BS about the SEC? I've put out the facts about the Big 12 being better at defense last year and having tougher SOS than the SEC on here over and over but ya'll just like to live in your own world you create.

Ya'll get more breaks than any other conference. Week in week out my arse. The SEC just had to implement an internal rule to force the conference to actually play at least ONE power five team in non conference play....out of FOUR games. Plus you get one of those Div 2 teams in November.

By the way, how did Patterson fare when he went up against the SEC recently in a NY6 game against Ole Miss (who beat Alabama that year)? In case you forgot, they wiped the floor with them 42-3 LOL! Talk about physical...

Missouri wouldn't have made a Bowl game in the Big XII last year.

That shows you how hard the SEC truly is....

Oh, come on. The AAC had more players drafted than the Big 12 in 2017. And this year it was pretty close. Let me repeat it again. The AAC had more players drafted in 2017 than the Big 12. We don't know what Missouri would have done there. Missouri has Georgia in their division and the Big 12 has OU. Other than that, the SEC East has 6 dwarfs and the Big 12 has 9. Missouri easily could have been 6-6 in the Big 12 maybe better.

BTW, you don't even want to know how the SEC/BIG 12 draft stats looked. It was kind of like that 66-3 UCLA game a few years ago. There is a GRAND CANYON difference of talent between the two leagues.

Oh, come on. The AAC had more players drafted than the Big 12 in 2017. And this year it was pretty close. Let me repeat it again. The AAC had more players drafted in 2017 than the Big 12. We don't know what Missouri would have done there. Missouri has Georgia in their division and the Big 12 has OU. Other than that, the SEC East has 6 dwarfs and the Big 12 has 9. Missouri easily could have been 6-6 in the Big 12 maybe better.

BTW, you don't even want to know how the SEC/BIG 12 draft stats looked. It was kind of like that 66-3 UCLA game a few years ago. There is a GRAND CANYON difference of talent between the two leagues.

I think most NFL front office people should be replaced

2 UFA from UT will be making NFL rosters for sure
DT Poona Ford
CB Holton Hill

Minnesota has said they gotten a 2 or 3rd round pick as a UFA

Don't know about the other Big XII schools but Texas had 6 NFL players just from last year who left

This year they might put even more in the NFL.

Pitiful aggys still talking about conferences. Because they never do anything themselves.

Pitiful aggys still talking about conferences. Because they never do anything themselves.

Both Aggy and Missouri had their best three years in the conference their first three years.
If the SEC was that much better the total opposite would happen.

They would have sucked and the SEC would have made them better.

Reactions: Scholz and diadevic
Aggy used to be the weird cousin with unusual sexual preferences that was controlled by OCD like rules of where they could walk but they have now stumbled into a little bit of money so they think they are something special.

If UT is the evil university that runs the Big XII like a plantation' don't you think that 2018 will be the year they helped themselves to some wins

After all they played a lot of close games last year....

Aggy used to be the weird cousin with unusual sexual preferences that was controlled by OCD like rules of where they could walk but they have now stumbled into a little bit of money so they think they are something special.

If UT is the evil university that runs the Big XII like a plantation' don't you think that 2018 will be the year they helped themselves to some wins

After all they played a lot of close games last year....

Why are you creating multiple usernames? TheTruthof2018, TexasTrill2018 and this username? One is enough. Pick only one. I'm going to delete the others.

I've invited MM before but he keeps finding a way to no-show me...... like I'm going to eat his babies or something....

Ahem, I PM'd you my# and said lets meet up in May when I was in NB, but you didn't check your messages. When I was in NB in July, you had hurt your back. I wasn't a no-show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT