ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder to all Aggys

"Hmm, intelligent comment. I’m guessing you expected Herman to win 10 games in year 1? Why didn’t he win? Where were you posting the Longhorns should win in Herman or Strong’s year one. Where are you now posting how well Texas will do this year?"

Hmmm i think anything less than 9 wins is an underwelming season for TEXAS this year......for aggy i see 7 wins as the ceiling but i think 6 wins is probably a fair win total to predict from me. While you are looking for "intelligent" comments how about this.....aggy will not win a national championship in your lifetime....same as your fathers and more and likely your grandfathers. Mediocrity runs through the veins at aggy land and who am i to argue with irrelevancy.....since 1939.
Mediocrity ran through the veins of Clemson too. Then Dabo happened. I'm not saying one thing about A&M and how great they are going to be. I am a believe it when I see it person. I hated the past several hires at A&M. I was never a Sumlin fan, never a Sherman fan, and I wasn't sold on Franchione. I liked the buzz of Franchione, but I wasn't sold. I will say I love Jimbo, and I think he actually has a clue about what he is doing. I think he will always put a great staff together, and yes I believe he can win and be very successful and A&M. I think this is the best coaching hire in a long time. HOWEVER, I approach the idea with caution, because until A&M really breaks through, you are correct on the idea that mediocrity has been an issue. I think A&M has everything it needs to be very good. You always hear sleeping giant, and yes I believe they are, but they have been asleep for a long time. Year 3 of Jimbo is when I expect things to start happening.

Mediocrity ran through the veins of Clemson too. Then Dabo happened. I'm not saying one thing about A&M and how great they are going to be. I am a believe it when I see it person. I hated the past several hires at A&M. I was never a Sumlin fan, never a Sherman fan, and I wasn't sold on Franchione. I liked the buzz of Franchione, but I wasn't sold. I will say I love Jimbo, and I think he actually has a clue about what he is doing. I think he will always put a great staff together, and yes I believe he can win and be very successful and A&M. I think this is the best coaching hire in a long time. HOWEVER, I approach the idea with caution, because until A&M really breaks through, you are correct on the idea that mediocrity has been an issue. I think A&M has everything it needs to be very good. You always hear sleeping giant, and yes I believe they are, but they have been asleep for a long time. Year 3 of Jimbo is when I expect things to start happening.

I guess you have hope because Jimbo hasn't coached a season yet.

Mike Sherman was actually building that team the correct way.
Don't know if Sherman would have gotten them over the edge but he gave Sumlin the tools for the 2012 season
Jimbo hasn't came anywhere close to 11-2 and you are already calling him the GOAT.

Clemson is not Texas A&M.....
Don't know where this came from.

Clemson has always been the big time football school in S Carolina.
USCjr won their first bowl game in history in 99-2000?
Clemson had already established itself by then as a football school.

So by this rationale, you're saying that aggy has thrown in their lot with jimbo, ($75 million to be exact) and if jimbo can't get it done, then nobody can get it done?

Because that's what it sounds like you're saying. And if this isn't what you're saying, if jimbo fails, is there an extra extra hail Mary pass that aggy has? <----- yes, I'm being a smart a$$ but I think we both know that this is what it is...... the last, great desperate heave of aggy to become a contender. Just own it. I wish you the best but given the track record, I honestly don't see this playing out any better than the previous attempts. Do I think he gets you guys a couple of 10 win seasons in the next decade? I can see that. Is that enough to keep him in his job? Only time will tell.

Reactions: TheTruthof2018
So by this rationale, you're saying that aggy has thrown in their lot with jimbo, ($75 million to be exact) and if jimbo can't get it done, then nobody can get it done?

Because that's what it sounds like you're saying. And if this isn't what you're saying, if jimbo fails, is there an extra extra hail Mary pass that aggy has? <----- yes, I'm being a smart a$$ but I think we both know that this is what it is...... the last, great desperate heave of aggy to become a contender. Just own it. I wish you the best but given the track record, I honestly don't see this playing out any better than the previous attempts. Do I think he gets you guys a couple of 10 win seasons in the next decade? I can see that. Is that enough to keep him in his job? Only time will tell.

Aggy fans are so delusional.

Bama will never allow them to become a threat while Alabama is winning

Just look at Ole Miss. They beat Bama twice in a row and end up on probation.

Aggy wasn't put into the SEC to win according to the people in Bham
They wanted Aggy cause they have a chance to get Texas players and Televisions without UT.

Well Bob.....when you got close to ten 3 stars.....saying hi from 4 star Dylan Wright must seem like aggy just won a national championship in the "modern" era.....put that up on that stadium wall while you're at it......aggy is and aggy will always be the butt of jokes. Aggy wants to be relevant soooo bad.....it has to suck not even being able to re live that one glory day in aggy history in 1939.......hell i've never seen that so called 1939 championship team on ESPN classic....what a shame.
My parents' favorite football game from their student days was the 1940 UT/A&M game. UT 6-0. End of era for aggys.

LOL that Alabama and Oklahoma are your only recruiting competition. Do you not remember just 5 months ago Texas finished with the #3 class and currently has a higher average rating you. Like I said, you are enjoying some momentum right now but the shine will wear off after a season and a few losses. Right now Jimbo can't do no wrong, but once he starts having to answer for losses and starts getting criticism about different things the landscape will change. I don't think you will have any noteworthy decommits because they are being recruited as his guys and will be the ones to turn it around, they have a favorable depth chart and the season shouldn't have much effect on that. Next years class will not have that same message and will be a harder sell. JImbo loaded his staff up with recruiters and will play the game so I do think he will always recruit well but he will need to be successful on the field in the future.
Maybe I didn't say that clearly, but I know Texas will always be competition, but what I'm saying now is that Jimbo is the only coach we have had in my memory that could really go out into other states and recruit the way he can. He just came off a 6-6 season where recruits could say the luster is gone. Jimbo can coach as well. My point was that we don't win many head to head battles with kids that Alabama and LSU really want. Of course A&M will have to win on the field to keep the momentum going, but there will always be a lure of MANY kids to play in the SEC because false perception or not, it is always regarded as a premier con

I don't know that I'm saying it's Jimbo or bust, but wouldn't you say this has been our best hire in recent memory? I can't think of anyone else that is that kind of name recognition or there was such a buzz about. He will recruit better than anyone we have ever had. I was looking back at all the A&M classes since 2002. I think we topped out at 6, but many were high teens. There was a stat that I saw recently that said 55% of teams that have 2 top 5 classes in a 4 year span have won national championships. Obviously you have to have talent to win and we just haven't put together any type of top level classes consistently to compete at that elite level. I do believe Jimbo will get some top 5-10 classes. From there we will see if he can coach. The problem is we are currently number 3 and 3rd in the SEC. Georgia is building a beast and Alabama is Alabama. I would agree Jimbo was a desperate reach with the money. I applaud the commitment to strive for excellence, but we will see how it turns out. IF, and I say IF because there is no past to back this up, but If Jimbo could reach the playoffs and eventually win a national championship and it is shown that A&M can win then I think the sky would be the limit. I'm optimistic more than I have been in a LONG time, but you are right, time will tell.

Reactions: mm42
You know.....i think i may have found some aggy logic in landing all those 3 stars......if you land enough 3 stars that nobody else really wants then the likelihood of them de-committing is very likely......i like it aggy....genius i tell you.....just genius.

There is a reason why Tom Herman and his staff are quiet for the most part and looking at other players.

For the most part the only player that is commited to Aggy that UT really wants is DeMarvin Leal.

Leal is still looking around.
None of those players have signed LOI and their recruitment was based on a plan of UT failing and Aggy winning.

You can't tell players they must commit early and then not expect them to look elsewhere

Aggy is winning the instate recruiting battle this year, they have several players that Herman really wanted. There is no spinning that. Herman has done a nice job of finding players out of state to fill the class, but it is extremely difficult to pull the really big fish out of state away from the regional powers when we are not winning championships.

For the most part the only player that is commited to Aggy that UT really wants is DeMarvin Leal.
So Herman wouldn't really like Brian Williams, Kenyon Green, Demani Richardson, Baylor Cupp, Dylan Wright, or Christian Harris. Wow. That is surprising. I would have thought Leal was one of many.

13 guys on the composite top 247 and you only like 1. 17 4 star+ guys on ESPN including 14 ESPN 300 guys, and only 1 is worthy.

Learn something new everyday. You guys have a really nice class coming.

So Herman wouldn't really like Brian Williams, Kenyon Green, Demani Richardson, Baylor Cupp, Dylan Wright, or Christian Harris. Wow. That is surprising. I would have thought Leal was one of many.

13 guys on the composite top 247 and you only like 1. 17 4 star+ guys on ESPN including 14 ESPN 300 guys, and only 1 is worthy.

It is how the coach rates them and then how they develop them.

Leon Slo'Neal was considered a top 100 player last year and UT rated him as a PWO.
A&M is building their future D around a S that runs a 4.86 40.

That means you can't play man coverage with your corners because your S can't cover ground

LSU and now UT are the two best schools at rating DBs.

There is a reason why Tom Herman and his staff are quiet for the most part and looking at other players.

Leal is still looking around.
None of those players have signed LOI and their recruitment was based on a plan of UT failing and Aggy winning.

You can't tell players they must commit early and then not expect them to look elsewhere
Then why did Texas offer so many of those Aggie commits? Sour grapes man. Texas would take MANY of the current A&M commits. A&M would take several of the Longhorn commits. Come on man. Let me let you in on a secret..some Texas kids are still looking around as well. They are 17 years old.

Brian Williams did not want to compete with Caden Sterns.
Sterns is the real diamond. Williams is a great S and an even better student but he is afraid of competition.

Texas has room for only one more WR.
With the situation around Wilson I think UT made the right decision.
Wilson is the one who has stood out

Richardson??
Texas is in the running for Lewis Cine

Herb Hand rated Johnson ahead of Green.

Cupp was a lost.
UT could always go back but I don't think they rated the other two any lower

Leal is their second rated DT behind the DT from Louisiana.
Leal is the only prize that Aggy has over UT this recruiting cycle, IMO.

Sounds like Dylan Wright was really waiting on Clemson, but Clemson said no thanks, we're full. Hmmm, very telling.

"So Herman wouldn't really like Brian Williams, Kenyon Green, Demani Richardson, Baylor Cupp, Dylan Wright, or Christian Harris. Wow. That is surprising. I would have thought Leal was one of many"

I think TEXAS would take a few......go ahead and name those stellar 3 stars so we can see how many of those TEXAS would take. Im betting its between how many national football titles AtM has (1) and how many they have won since 1939 (0)

It is how the coach rates them and then how they develop them.

Leon Slo'Neal was considered a top 100 player last year and UT rated him as a PWO.
A&M is building their future D around a S that runs a 4.86 40.

That means you can't play man coverage with your corners because your S can't cover ground

LSU and now UT are the two best schools at rating DBs.
O'Neal might end up having to play rover, I'll give you that. But he is also not a member of this years class. He was part of last year's transition class. Both schools struggled with their transition class, Herman more so than Jimbo imo. Neither was great.

The DB's you picked up last year and the one's we picked up this year didn't require genius level ratings by coaches. It required recruiting them and hopefully being able to sign them. I believe 100% of those guys were top 250 composite guys. So Einstein wasn't required to find some hidden gem.

Sounds like Dylan Wright was really waiting on Clemson, but Clemson said no thanks, we're full. Hmmm, very telling.
Not being a smartass, but where did you hear that? Not that it isn't true, just news to me.

Dont get me wrong those are some good Safetys/Corners but its not to the Level that TEXAS hauled in last year.....so of course most of those guys dont wanna compete or sit behind those guys until they leave.....who would. Aggy would like to think that getting those S/CB are because they are selling into Jumbo and the SEC where as in reality what TEXAS did last year in that area is the reason why. Go ahead aggy spin it

Difference between Wright and Higgins is very small

Higgins is UT's fall back option if Wilson stays committed.

Wilson is looking elsewhere from all reports.
Both UT and OU will be after him once the dead period is over..

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Not being a smartass, but where did you hear that? Not that it isn't true, just news to me.

Straight from the horse's mouth. 1:20 mark.

Now seriously, do you really think any coach wouldn't make room for a 6'6" beast of a WR, if there weren't either character, or academic issues?

Reactions: LonghornMM
Difference between Wright and Higgins is very small

Higgins is UT's fall back option if Wilson stays committed.

Wilson is looking elsewhere from all reports.
Both UT and OU will be after him once the dead period is over..
I don't necessarily believe it, but I saw on another site that the Roach guy on Texas 247 site said Wilson was interested in A&M if he walked from OSU. I have no idea if Roach knows what he is talking about, or why a Texas recruiting analyst would say that.

You haven't heard....All the top players that decommit will have aggy in top 2.Bwaaahaaahaa

Straight from the horse's mouth. 1:20 mark.

Now seriously, do you really think any coach wouldn't make room for a 6'6" beast of a WR, if there weren't either character, or academic issues?
He sure did say that he wanted a Clemson offer. They must not have liked him as they took a WR 2 weeks ago.

Any idea how old this video is? He said he was planning to go to the opening (which was just over a month ago), so I was wondering if it was from before summer started.

I don't necessarily believe it, but I saw on another site that the Roach guy on Texas 247 site said Wilson was interested in A&M if he walked from OSU. I have no idea if Roach knows what he is talking about, or why a Texas recruiting analyst would say that.

Wilson has been the only true dominant receiver in camps.

Everyone takes a look at A&M.
Difference is Herman and UT are not afraid of Aggy. Meaning when an Aggy commit like Leal this year pays a visit to UT Jimbo freaks out.
Like last year with Jalen Preston.

Truth is as a Texan there is no reason why both schools cannot be great at the same time

What used to be frown on in recruiting out of state is no longer an issue as the state of Texas matures.

Both programs are looking Nationally.

Last edited:
He sure did say that he wanted a Clemson offer. They must not have liked him as they took a WR 2 weeks ago.

Any idea how old this video is? He said he was planning to go to the opening (which was just over a month ago), so I was wondering if it was from before summer started.

Yeah the video was posted in March. So Clemson took a 2019 WR after telling him they're full??? Lol, yeah that definitely means there are non football reasons not to like him. I mean, seriously there's no reason not to love that dude as football player. Good luck with that.

Dont get me wrong those are some good Safetys/Corners but its not to the Level that TEXAS hauled in last year.....so of course most of those guys dont wanna compete or sit behind those guys until they leave.....who would. Aggy would like to think that getting those S/CB are because they are selling into Jumbo and the SEC where as in reality what TEXAS did last year in that area is the reason why. Go ahead aggy spin it
Only DB UT missed out on so far is Derek Stingley Jr
If LSU blows up this year UT will make another move on him

Texas and Florida are the only other schools he visited.

Him at corner would put UT in the discussion as one of the greatest secondaries in CFB the last 30 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT